Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 407

Thread: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

  1. #361
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    yes.. and all people who dont know sms language are also fools in the eyes of the fools who use it to the detriment of language..

    I have no idea what you are talking about what /=.. Please explain it.. I do not appreciate you calling me a fool because I do not understand it.. You are quite foolish for discussing in such a way.
    I chastised you because you made an asinine remark because your arrogance kept you from recognizing your own ignorance. I wasn't chastising you because you didn't know what it meant.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  2. #362
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    First, are you going to tell me that people don't know who the party is going to nominate for leader before they vote? I don't believe that's true.
    Never said that. But when you mention that, its not actually true that Europeans know who their prime minister will be when they vote. Depends on coalitions and such.

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    Second, it's inconsequential. As you said before, party's in Europe can prevent people who don't follow the party line from taking a leadership position. Since people who are chosen for a position of the national leadership have earned it through dedication to the party platform people know what whoever the party chooses positions are anyway.

    Third: In Europe there are dozens or parties to choose from with varying positions on the issues. In Iran there are two choices who both have the same positions on the issues.
    I remember an ill scenario, which is related to the first quote in this post.. The prime minister of Norway for 8 years.. He was from the smallest party in a coalition of 3 or 4 parties.
    Nobody actually knew when they voted, which coalition would be the winning one, nor that he would be prime minister. However, he has dedicated his life to the party and only became the party leader after several decades going through the ranks of the party, a small party.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  3. #363
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    I chastised you because you made an asinine remark because your arrogance kept you from recognizing your own ignorance. I wasn't chastising you because you didn't know what it meant.
    There is no need to utter your opinion about me, you will only get my opinion on you in return, and it seems like an unnecessary way to debate.

    So I will lead with a good example.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  4. #364
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Never said that. But when you mention that, its not actually true that Europeans know who their prime minister will be when they vote. Depends on coalitions and such.

    I remember an ill scenario, which is related to the first quote in this post.. The prime minister of Norway for 8 years.. He was from the smallest party in a coalition of 3 or 4 parties.
    Nobody actually knew when they voted, which coalition would be the winning one, nor that he would be prime minister. However, he has dedicated his life to the party and only became the party leader after several decades going through the ranks of the party, a small party.
    Yes, coalitions may change things, but citizens are still aware of them when they vote and generally know who the largest coalition member (who will probably nominate the leader) will be. The point is that they still have an actual choice. Unlike Iranians.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  5. #365
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    Yes, coalitions may change things, but citizens are still aware of them when they vote and generally know who the largest coalition member (who will probably nominate the leader) will be. The point is that they still have an actual choice. Unlike Iranians.
    Iranians did have a choice and voted on it...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian...election,_2005

    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani 6,211,937 21.13 10,046,701 35.93%
    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad 5,711,696 19.43 17,284,782 61.69%
    Thats second round.. In the first round 7 candidates had over 1 million votes each and 5 of those had more than 4 million votes each.

    Quote Originally Posted by bbc
    Victory for people power The landslide win by Iran's reformists in the country's general election was an unmistakable demonstration of people power and a heavy blow to hardline clerics: Jim Muir in Tehran assesses the result.
    BBC News | IRAN ELECTION NEWS | Iran elections: Special report

    There is another election in 2009...
    Iranian presidential election, 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Its going to be very exciting apparently.. reformists are gaining a lot of ground over traditionalists these days in Iran, and with a worsening economic situation it is very likely that their president and majority in parliament will be of this group, the reformists.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  6. #366
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Its a race for clerk, not president.

    And its not really related to what I am talking about, which it seems you are not understanding..
    I know anyone can run for president... I am talking about the parties having no say whatsoever in who runs for them, that just seems illogical.
    The principle is the same. Unless you can come up with an example of the party heirarchy disqualifying a candidate, you need to concede.

    If the party leadership had that power, Ron Paul would never have been allowed to run in the Republican primaries and Gravel would not have been allowed to run for the Democrats. You don't have a leg to stand on and your continued dragging on this only shows your willful ignorance of a system you obviously do not understand.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  7. #367
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I did answer it, probably you didnt see it, previous page.
    I did miss it. I am reading through posts pretty quickly as I am on vacation in Hengchun right now. Please note my response.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #368
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    And for the billionth time, I am not talking about the primary.....................................
    But the primary is the process by which the candidates are choosen to represent the party. What part of this do you not understand? You seem to be running in circles.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #369
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I grew up with a parliamentary democracy system with parties. It just sounds incredibly unlikely and enormously bizarre that the party cannot disqualify anyone from running in the primary for THEIR party.. I just cannot accept that without some document describing the whole process within a party and the steps of getting elected president.. Sorry, I am just very difficult on this particular issue, it just sounds too unreal to be true.
    The party belongs to everyone who is in the party, NOT just the leadership. Unless you can come up with an example of the parties disqualifying a candidate without a vote, give up because you have lost because you are wrong.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  10. #370
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    In Europe the party leadership and commitees can disqualify people from even top positions. And its the party leadership and regional meeting that decide who becomes prime minister candidate.
    But what we are saying is that in the United States the party leadership does NOT have this power. That power is left to the rank and file members of the party.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •