Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 407

Thread: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

  1. #291
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I havent seen any proof, which you Americans want for anything others say..

    I have yet to see proof that anyone who pleases with ANY platform can run as primary candidate for the republican party, even if he hates them and oppose all their political stands, and that he can do all this without any form of approval from the republican party.

    Excuse me for finding that hard to believe, especially when you guys just claim it with no documentation.
    I am ready to accept logical explanations as proof of other things, but not this, because its illogical it would work the way you say.

    This is technically interesting, because in Europe its not like that at all.
    So ,the systems are different.

    Do you have ANY EVIDENCE that the party heirarchy disqualified any candidate? If the leadership of the party HAD that power, I would not have been able to run in the primary race for county commission nine years ago because my position on sustainable development and green growth was radically different from that of the county party. Would people like Ron Paul and Mike Gravel have been able to run in the primaries to be president as their positions were radically different from that held by the party. Both races were enriched by their presence and thankfully neither party had the right or the ability to deny their participation.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #292
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,897

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Do you have ANY EVIDENCE that the party heirarchy disqualified any candidate?
    What about Steve Colbert?

  3. #293
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    When are we going to take this ****er out?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #294
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    When are we going to take this ****er out?
    Be my guest.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #295
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,897

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    When are we going to take this ****er out?
    When are you going to get taken out?

  6. #296
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Prove it.. That anyone even a hardcore democrat(who hates all the policies of the republican party) can stand for candidate in the republican party without the republican party approval.

    Ps. I might seem like an American but I am not
    You do have to be registered for the party, but all you have to do is check the box on a piece of paper. The party can not reject anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  7. #297
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    No, I might not as well have, that would not be my opinion. I still think Iran is a democracy, a form of democracy, just like the UK, France and the US is also a form of democracy, and that all those forms of democracy are very different forms of democracy.
    The US and European systems are less free than we like to believe.
    I am not trying to equate Irans democracy with the US...
    It's like talking to a tree.

    Iran is not at all a democracy. There are no simpler terms for it. The fact that there is an election does not make a country democratic. It's very sad that no matter how many times you are beaten over the head with this, you still don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  8. #298
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Nah, really, is the primary totally open? So that anyone with any form of platform(even opposing values and platform of the party) can stand for the republican party and just say a bunch of things that will have him elected in the primaries, and then become their presidential candidate if he wins?
    Yes. I doubt he would be re-elected though.

    So in theory, Obama can just as well be a republican hiding in this democrat party and work his magic republican party policies as soon as he is sworn in.
    Yes, though his past voting history shows this to be very unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  9. #299
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post

    I dont believe for a second you can run in the primary for the republicans or democrats without some form of approval by the party.. That just wouldn't make sense.
    The approval from the party to run in the primary comes in the form of a requisite number of signatures from party members to run in that state's primary.

    Then an enemy of the republicans with a completely different platform who is against all republican policies can run under the republican party in their primary and just say whetever pleases the republican voters to get nominated to run as their candidate. Thats not how it works, the parties couldnt possibly allow that.. There is some kind of process within the parties to accept candidates who want to run for the party.
    The process is a petition! They must go from house to house and convince party members that they are qualified to run and that they share similar ideals with the party. If they don't actually follow these ideals once elected they won't be re-elected. That is how it works.


    You are the one who is saying your version is definitive, I am just saying my version seems most logic and likely, I am saying I might be wrong, because I have not seen how this actually works, nor any papers saying how it works, or official explanation. You are the one who insist your version is fact, so you better prove it.
    You are not only maybe wrong, you are wrong. Read a text book on US Government if you want proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  10. #300
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I havent seen any proof, which you Americans want for anything others say..

    I have yet to see proof that anyone who pleases with ANY platform can run as primary candidate for the republican party, even if he hates them and oppose all their political stands, and that he can do all this without any form of approval from the republican party.

    Excuse me for finding that hard to believe, especially when you guys just claim it with no documentation.
    I am ready to accept logical explanations as proof of other things, but not this, because its illogical it would work the way you say.

    This is technically interesting, because in Europe its not like that at all.
    Why would someone who is ideologically opposed to the Republican party wish to run for their primary? If he did and by some miracle managed to win the election without believing in party principles and then proceeded to act against party principles it would be impossible for him to be re-elected in the next election and the Democrats would look awful.

    I don't understand why you think this system is illogical. Anyone is allowed to run if they so wish and come up with the required number of signatures. I'm sorry that this isn't they way it works in Europe, but it is our system. When we mention the party we mean every individual, registered voting member of that party, not some secretive shadow council that decides who will run in the dead of night.

    Explain to me why this system is illogical.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •