Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 407

Thread: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

  1. #231
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    A man, I forget who it was, once said that the Western democracies were a lousy form of government.
    And until someone comes up with a better one, we will have to use it and tolerate its shortcomings....
    I am fed up with the further decline of western democracies we are experiencing now, related to the age of media and such.. Its just a bunch of clowning and trying to look good in front of the people. Lack of taking hard decisions and think in the long term and progressive.

    It makes me sick to think that this is our political reality in 2009..

    Ever seen the movie idiocracy? We are slowly getting there.
    Last edited by Maximus Zeebra; 01-17-09 at 12:22 PM.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #232
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Funny about Iran and their relationship with Russia. I was just reading an end times prophecy that was suppose to be based on the Bible, who claimed that Gog and Magog were to be Russia and Iran, and they would destroy Israel.
    Why in the world would Russia destroy Israel? They support Israel.. Many Jews in Israel are former Russians and Russia have a large Jewish population as well if I am not mistaken.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  3. #233
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Zeebra, I don't believe lud is fully correct. Parties can choose and reject their candidates in any way they see fit. However, anyone can run for office if they meet some minimal requirements. As previously stated some states require that presidential candidates gain so many citizen signatures before they will be typed on a ballot, otherwise the list would be pages long and impractical. However, any candidate can be written-in in the provided blank spot. That means I could vote for myself and others could too if I met the requirements.
    Thats what I actually thought.. And the reality is that no one running outside the Republican or Democrat party have any chance of winning..
    I never actually said Iran was a better democracy than the US or even close, I am just saying the leader was democratically elected, which he was, and I put the situation on edge because the people here are so unwilling to look at things in realistic perspectives. They rather have an unhealthy singular way of looking at things, where they protect the US democracy as something fantastic, even though its not, and they refuse any notion that Iran in any way is democratic, even if it is in some ways democratic.

    It would still be interesting to see an official source for how people go from nominating themselves to standing under the republican or democrat political platform, and what the procedures are for this. So I am still not saying that you or me are definetely right, I just want some clarification on that issue, because its very unclear at best.

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    The difference between Iran and the US is that there is no subjectivity to the US election process. The people vote and whoever has the most electoral votes wins, period.
    Yes, but in this day and age that is closely tied with those delegates being represented by the voting in their state. Its very unlikely that any delegates will go against this tradition and just vote for whatever candidate they please, against the peoples vote.. Although in theory it can be so.

    I am not critical towards this process at all, I am critical of the two party system in US politics, and the way elections are conducted in this day and age(with increased media influence)..

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Our country has a two party system, not because its mandated but because the majority of americans agree the most with one or the other party.
    Thats where I think you are wrong.. I think people are voting for the party they agree most with out of fear that the other party which they disagree with will be elected if they do not. Which is also a reason a third party will never be viable, because people know that the party they oppose will win if they switch their vote from the party which oppose it to a third party. Something drastic have to change for more than two parties in the US to ever happen, but if that happens, I believe it will be very unlikely that the US will ever go back to a two party system.
    So in the end I think perhaps only say 50% of the total of people who vote for the democrats or the republicans actually strongly or mostly agree with their policies. And that the remaining just choose the best of the two out of fear that the one they hate most will get elected if they do not.

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Overnight this could change and we could have 0, 1 or any number of viable parties. It all depends on how the people choose. No one is forced to vote for a particular party. Just because it happens that a two party system has evolved doesn't somehow mean its no longer a democracy.
    This is where we disagree. I think it will NEVER change, and the US will always be a two party system, unless politics in the US is completely reformed or some kind of unlikely revolution happens..

    Jesse Ventura, a former US wrestler has some incredibly valid and interesting points on the US two party system(and US politics in general), I suggest you take a look at it if you don't know what I am talking about, that guy is actually very smart.

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Iran is not a democracy. The people vote but their vote is worthless because nothing gurantees that the elected person will get in. Moreover, elected officials are still subserviant to the mullahs. For example, if 100% of the country voted for adjimihad then he isn't guranteed to get appointed because a small group of people decide, not the voters. The people have ZERO say. They just get to say who they would PREFER but the gov't is under no obligation to oblige. This is unlike the US where if a person, no matter what party or affiliation, receives a majority of electoral votes then he will be the new president. Neither the SCOTUS or congress can change this.
    I still think Iran is a form of democracy, because their parliament is also democratically elected in a procedure which is way more free than the presidential election. But even so, the president is also democratically elected..
    I am not really sure as to the validity of your point that if he is elected by a majority that he also have to be approved after the election. I think only the final candidates have to be approved, and whoever is elected of them is the winner and will become president.. But then again, I am really no expert on Irans elections processes, and probably neither are you or anyone else on this forum.


    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Now if you wanted to point out how america isn't a democracy then you would have some valid points if you discussed the electoral voting system. This is why the US is actually a constitutional republic. But, as others have said repeatedly, the term "liberal democracy" as used by the US and other western countries isn't defined by voting alone.
    I am not saying the US isn't a democracy. I am just saying all western democracies, including the one in the US, and most of those in Europe are quite dysfunctional, and I personally wish for great reforms of our political systems, not only to address those problems but also several other problems, such as corruption, the election process, separation of media and politics, and fixing the party system, and more.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  4. #234
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Or, it doesn't have to be about how many votes you have. You can just lose a few and then have your daddy's friends on the Supreme Court appoint you into the position. The minimum requirements to run is a lot of money. To win, it helps to have the right bank support you. We're a Corporocracy controlled by corporations.
    This is one of the huge problems of the US political system and election process which have to be fixed. It is almost non existent in Europe, and one of the few flaws of the democratic system that only applies to the US and mostly not in Europe.. But then again, Italy elected Silvio Berlusconi who is the richest man in Italy and have control of 90% of the media. So we do have related problems.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  5. #235
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,881

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Not necessarily. Threads on DP are changeable things and as long as the conversation is productive they should go on, even if they don't have to do with the OP. Even if someone in the thread is doing the intellectual equivalent of shoving their fingers in their ears and saying, "Nuh uh, nuh uh, I'm not listening!" like Zeebra is doing.
    That's why I said the OP should be ignored.

    Though I must ask you my friend. why?


    Are you calling the quote a lie?
    Because all that is quoted is "not feasible". It is incredibly easy to distort the meaning of something someone said when you're just quoting "not feasible". Why would she quote just those two words if he actually said it? Moreover, we saw this distortion in the "wipe Israel of the map" quote, so I find it suspicious for him to say something like that again, and considering that this is such a similar statement, there's a better chance that it's a distortion.

    Now I must ask you: why do you believe the OP right of the bat, and don't ask for a direct quote for confirmation?

  6. #236
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I am very doubtful as to the reality of this.. Not saying you are right or that I am wrong. But none have provided any credible evidence that what you say is right and what I say is wrong..
    This is basics of American Government that we learn in high school, man. ****'s common knowledge here.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  7. #237
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I still want to see an official source that this is correct.. PLease provide it, or I simply will not believe it.

    I am very doubtful as to the reality of this.. Not saying you are right or that I am wrong. But none have provided any credible evidence that what you say is right and what I say is wrong..
    And you have provided any evidence that the party heirarchy can disqualify a candidate on a whim. Do you know where candidates apply for a party primary? At a GOVERNMENT elections board, NOT a party office. If what you say is true, I would not have been allowed the contest the primary nine years ago in my county commission district. I will TRY to find an official source, but remember, in the US, everything is done on a state-by-state basis.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #238
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    This is basics of American Government that we learn in high school, man. ****'s common knowledge here.
    Prove it.. That anyone even a hardcore democrat(who hates all the policies of the republican party) can stand for candidate in the republican party without the republican party approval.

    Ps. I might seem like an American but I am not
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  9. #239
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    And you have provided any evidence that the party heirarchy can disqualify a candidate on a whim. Do you know where candidates apply for a party primary? At a GOVERNMENT elections board, NOT a party office. If what you say is true, I would not have been allowed the contest the primary nine years ago in my county commission district. I will TRY to find an official source, but remember, in the US, everything is done on a state-by-state basis.
    Yes, but they cant just stand for whatever party they want without the consent of that party.

    You are just mixing things up here for the sake of trying to be right..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  10. #240
    Devil Dog cherokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    09-11-09 @ 11:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,486

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Israel's invasion of Gaza shows again that it only knows how to use overwhelming military force to solve its problems.
    How do you suggest solving the problem of retards launching rockets at your people? Play paddy-cakes with them?

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •