Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 407

Thread: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

  1. #221
    Bank killer. Jessica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The (soon-to-be) Divided States of Amerika.
    Last Seen
    05-22-11 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    878

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    A man, I forget who it was, once said that the Western democracies were a lousy form of government.
    And until someone comes up with a better one, we will have to use it and tolerate its shortcomings....
    Oh we will come up with a new one. It's been in the works for a very long time now. It's called the New World Order.

    Funny about Iran and their relationship with Russia. I was just reading an end times prophecy that was suppose to be based on the Bible, who claimed that Gog and Magog were to be Russia and Iran, and they would destroy Israel.

    But then it went on to say that Prince William would be a leader of the armies and would triumph over Israel and that he was born on the summer solstice (6-21-82) and there was also a great solar eclipse, and he is suppose to be the antichrist.

    Oh and they supply this picture as proof because of how satan was suppose to have his two hind legs cloven hoofed, and this picture shows Prince William holding the Lamb of God and particular, the hind cloven hoof.




    Anyway, it's what I read. I'm not ready to accept this quite yet though. OMG.
    I guess it's something to keep an eye out for in case it does happen.

    Would make a great movie. We could call it Omen II or Omen III.
    Oh wait. Never mind. They did that already.

  2. #222
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Zeebra, I don't believe lud is fully correct. Parties can choose and reject their candidates in any way they see fit. However, anyone can run for office if they meet some minimal requirements. As previously stated some states require that presidential candidates gain so many citizen signatures before they will be typed on a ballot, otherwise the list would be pages long and impractical. However, any candidate can be written-in in the provided blank spot. That means I could vote for myself and others could too if I met the requirements.

    The difference between Iran and the US is that there is no subjectivity to the US election process. The people vote and whoever has the most electoral votes wins, period. Our country has a two party system, not because its mandated but because the majority of americans agree the most with one or the other party. Overnight this could change and we could have 0, 1 or any number of viable parties. It all depends on how the people choose. No one is forced to vote for a particular party. Just because it happens that a two party system has evolved doesn't somehow mean its no longer a democracy.

    Iran is not a democracy. The people vote but their vote is worthless because nothing gurantees that the elected person will get in. Moreover, elected officials are still subserviant to the mullahs. For example, if 100% of the country voted for adjimihad then he isn't guranteed to get appointed because a small group of people decide, not the voters. The people have ZERO say. They just get to say who they would PREFER but the gov't is under no obligation to oblige. This is unlike the US where if a person, no matter what party or affiliation, receives a majority of electoral votes then he will be the new president. Neither the SCOTUS or congress can change this.

    Now if you wanted to point out how america isn't a democracy then you would have some valid points if you discussed the electoral voting system. This is why the US is actually a constitutional republic. But, as others have said repeatedly, the term "liberal democracy" as used by the US and other western countries isn't defined by voting alone.

    You've got a lot more to learn. This barely scratches the surface.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  3. #223
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,881

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    So, full quote? Or no? Otherwise, the OP should be dismissed.

  4. #224
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    So, full quote? Or no? Otherwise, the OP should be dismissed.
    Not necessarily. Threads on DP are changeable things and as long as the conversation is productive they should go on, even if they don't have to do with the OP. Even if someone in the thread is doing the intellectual equivalent of shoving their fingers in their ears and saying, "Nuh uh, nuh uh, I'm not listening!" like Zeebra is doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  5. #225
    Bank killer. Jessica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The (soon-to-be) Divided States of Amerika.
    Last Seen
    05-22-11 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    878

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Zeebra, I don't believe lud is fully correct. Parties can choose and reject their candidates in any way they see fit. However, anyone can run for office if they meet some minimal requirements. As previously stated some states require that presidential candidates gain so many citizen signatures before they will be typed on a ballot, otherwise the list would be pages long and impractical. However, any candidate can be written-in in the provided blank spot. That means I could vote for myself and others could too if I met the requirements.

    The difference between Iran and the US is that there is no subjectivity to the US election process. The people vote and whoever has the most electoral votes wins, period. Our country has a two party system, not because its mandated but because the majority of americans agree the most with one or the other party. Overnight this could change and we could have 0, 1 or any number of viable parties. It all depends on how the people choose. No one is forced to vote for a particular party. Just because it happens that a two party system has evolved doesn't somehow mean its no longer a democracy.

    Iran is not a democracy. The people vote but their vote is worthless because nothing gurantees that the elected person will get in. Moreover, elected officials are still subserviant to the mullahs. For example, if 100% of the country voted for adjimihad then he isn't guranteed to get appointed because a small group of people decide, not the voters. The people have ZERO say. They just get to say who they would PREFER but the gov't is under no obligation to oblige. This is unlike the US where if a person, no matter what party or affiliation, receives a majority of electoral votes then he will be the new president. Neither the SCOTUS or congress can change this.

    Now if you wanted to point out how america isn't a democracy then you would have some valid points if you discussed the electoral voting system. This is why the US is actually a constitutional republic. But, as others have said repeatedly, the term "liberal democracy" as used by the US and other western countries isn't defined by voting alone.

    You've got a lot more to learn. This barely scratches the surface.
    Or, it doesn't have to be about how many votes you have. You can just lose a few and then have your daddy's friends on the Supreme Court appoint you into the position. The minimum requirements to run is a lot of money. To win, it helps to have the right bank support you. We're a Corporocracy controlled by corporations.

  6. #226
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Zeebra, I don't believe lud is fully correct. Parties can choose and reject their candidates in any way they see fit.
    THe rank and file, yes. The leadership, no. When I ran for commission, it was in direct opposition to the desires of the party leadership who had thier own handpicked candidate. There was nothing they could do to prevent me from going to the Board of Elections and file for the primary, which I won.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  7. #227
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Or, it doesn't have to be about how many votes you have. You can just lose a few and then have your daddy's friends on the Supreme Court appoint you into the position. The minimum requirements to run is a lot of money. To win, it helps to have the right bank support you. We're a Corporocracy controlled by corporations.
    Some lefties can never accept that Bush won FLorida, won the 2000 election, and there was sound constitutional principles to the decision on the Supreme Court. BTW, his father only appointed two of those members.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #228
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,502

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    So, full quote? Or no? Otherwise, the OP should be dismissed.



    lets repeatedly ignore this savages genocidal commentary....


    Though I must ask you my friend. why?


    Are you calling the quote a lie?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #229
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Yes you can, and YES it has happened where people are nominated on a platform opposed to the party. David Duke ran for governor of LA a couple of decades back on a platform partly against the party and against the express wishes of the party leadership. He finished in second in the open primary and was the Republican representative in the general election!
    I still want to see an official source that this is correct.. PLease provide it, or I simply will not believe it.

    I am very doubtful as to the reality of this.. Not saying you are right or that I am wrong. But none have provided any credible evidence that what you say is right and what I say is wrong..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  10. #230
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Hard to tell, but I doubt that he was really elected; I cannot see free and fair elections in any Islamic state..

    MaxZee, I suspect that you agree with this Iranian nutcase.
    Why do you suspect that? Just because I do not blindly follow a one sided perspective on Iran?

    I actually do not support Iran at all, I strongly dislike their leader, but in all fairness he was democratically elected.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •