Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 407

Thread: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

  1. #161
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Then they had democratic elections.
    When did the USSR, Cuba and Saddam's Iraq have democratic elections?

  2. #162
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    When did the USSR, Cuba and Saddam's Iraq have democratic elections?
    Thats what "right of center" claims.. I am just saying if they did as he said, then they had democratic elections.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  3. #163
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Thats what "right of center" claims.. I am just saying if they did as he said, then they had democratic elections.
    I don't think that's what he's claiming.

  4. #164
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Thats what "right of center" claims.. I am just saying if they did as he said, then they had democratic elections.
    I'm asking you if they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  5. #165
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Well, democracy ain't just about conducting elections. Democracy is far more than simply holding elections. It requires the establishment of democratic governing institutions.

    Iranian elections ain't democratic, either since the ruling mullahs determine who appears on the ballot and who doesn't.

    In short, casting a ballot doesn't transform a dictatorship into a democracy. That you argue so simply demonstrates that you're intellectually dishonest and that you seek only to defame democracy rather than discuss democracy in good faith.
    Iran is certainly a form of democracy, so is Italy and the US. In the US the parties decide who goes on the ballots, aside from the independents whom never get elected president.

    The point here as Ive said a dusin times now is not democracy in itself or any of the related discussion we have had, but the fact that the Iranian president was democratically elected.

    If you want to discuss the flaws of democracy which are many then I am up for that in another thread. But then we have to discuss everything about democracy.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Oh? That's easy to say when you're someone who has lived under the protective umbrella of the democratic US and, hence, has had the time and capital to create cradle-to-grave social benefits for your own people.

    Color me underwhelmed by your incessant anti-Americanism which only possible because of US interventionism and US taxpayer-subsidized defense.
    I havent lived under the protective umbrella of the democratic US.. I have lived under different protective umbrellas of different nations in Europe. I have only lived in the US for 6 months.. where do you get another idea from? Do you actually think I am American when my "location" is western Europe?

    Your last phrases is just ridiculous.. check the facts before you speak, the last two lines actually undermines everything else you say as being unserious and not thought through as well.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  6. #166
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    I'm asking you if they did.
    Did I ever claim that?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  7. #167
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I havent lived under the protective umbrella of the democratic US.. I have lived under different protective umbrellas of different nations in Europe. I have only lived in the US for 6 months.. where do you get another idea from? Do you actually think I am American when my "location" is western Europe?
    The entire EU lives under the protective umbrella of the US.

  8. #168
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The entire EU lives under the protective umbrella of the US.
    In your dreams and fantasies.

    I think you are just too much in love with the US to ever see the reality, and ever be reasoned with.. I am not anti-American, but you fit the opposite specter, you are blindly pro-American.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  9. #169
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    In your dreams and fantasies.
    Nope. In the real world, the one that -you- live in. You can deny it if you want, but that only means you cannot accept things as they are.

    Your life, such as it is, is possible only because of the security provded to you by the United States.

  10. #170
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Nope. In the real world, the one that -you- live in. You can deny it if you want, but that only means you cannot accept things as they are.

    Your life, such as it is, is possible only because of the security provded to you by the United States.
    Not really. In reality its just your obsessed American dream turning into nationalism where you dream that everything good is because of Americans and everything bas is because of Russia/terrorists. Its sweet for a kid, but scary for an adult.

    You do know that Europe has about equal military technology, more men in service and the second largest defense spending on the planet of 200 billion..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •