Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 407

Thread: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

  1. #141
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    It is the topic. You've just already come to the conclusion that he hates Israel because they're Jews. If all you want is a confirmation of your pre-drawn conclusion perhaps you shouldn't be posting in the Breaking News section.
    Please don't hijack the thread.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #142
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    I like those names.
    ImOnAJihad?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #143
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Israel's invasion of Gaza shows again that it only knows how to use overwhelming military force to solve its problems.
    Yeah, 'cuz Israel has never engaged in diplomacy, never offered concessions, never pulled back, never conceded territory....nope...Israel has only relied on overwhelming force.

    The terror apologists never cease to amaze me.

  4. #144
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Did I ever say they were the same? No..

    But Iran is a democracy, not matter how much Americans want to keep denying that.
    What democratic features do you see in Iran?

    Specifics, please.

    BTW - democracy is not merely conducting elections.

  5. #145
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,898

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    But Iran is a democracy, not matter how much Americans want to keep denying that.
    Ah, so now I'm an American. Right.

    You shouldn't ASSume.

    Anyways, back on topic; has anyone found a source for this quote in the AP article? I haven't been able to find anything, and would tend not to believe it, especially considering the fact that the only part that is quoted is "not feasible".

  6. #146
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Israel's invasion of Gaza shows again that it only knows how to use overwhelming military force to solve its problems.
    Some problems can only be solved with military force, and when military force is required, it should be overwhelming,
    So... what's your point?
    And... how is that point relevant?

  7. #147
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    And you didnt see the context I put this in.. Nor do you see beyond your own tainted perspective on this.
    The first point is that the Iranian president was elected, and he was, no matter how technical you want to get about it he was elected by the people of Iran, you can try to spin it a billion different ways, but the president of Iran was elected by the people, so was the parliament.
    Dude, when you have a communist, Republicans, and an Ayn Rand libertarian all arguing against you you're probably wrong. Was the USSR a democracy? Is Cuba? Was Saddam's Iraq? All of those countries had elections, just like Iran.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  8. #148
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Some problems can only be solved with military force, and when military force is required, it should be overwhelming,
    So... what's your point?
    And... how is that point relevant?
    My problem is with your premise that when military force is required it should be overwhelming. There are many more factors in this conflict than one force vs another.

    It is relevant because it sets back diplomacy, angers many of Israel's neighbors, and show's that Israel's attempt to solve the problem only makes it worse. Thus it is not possible to attain peace in the ME with Israel's strategy.

  9. #149
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    My problem is with your premise that when military force is required it should be overwhelming.
    Anything less than overhwleming force unnecessarily prolongs the conflict and creates unnecessary casualties. To use less than overwhelming force is irresponsible.

    It is relevant because it sets back diplomacy...
    It is impossible to engage in diplomacy with a foe whose entire goal is to destroy you, and who will not rest until that goal is reached.

  10. #150
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    My problem is with your premise that when military force is required it should be overwhelming. There are many more factors in this conflict than one force vs another.

    It is relevant because it sets back diplomacy, angers many of Israel's neighbors, and show's that Israel's attempt to solve the problem only makes it worse. Thus it is not possible to attain peace in the ME with Israel's strategy.
    Huh...despite the overwhelming force being applied by Israel diplomacy is still happening as we speak, shiznit. I guess that kinda wrecks your argument, no?

    And I see you're still blaming the victim here. Why is Israel to be condemned because she can more effectively defend herself? The proportionality nonsense is just that...nonsense.

    Israel's strategy is and has been a response, a reactive strategy. Peace cannot be achieved in the ME because Israel's neighbors, possibly except for Egypt, don't accept Israel's right to exist.

    Maybe you don't, either?

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •