Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 407

Thread: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

  1. #121
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    None. All US citizens of that party are free to run in the primary provided they have enough signatures and are a registered voter for that party.
    Yet in the primaries there are just a dusin or so candidates for each party. Where are all the others? And how were they rooted away? I can imagine thousands of people sign up like you say, but all those arent in the primaries, are they? The primary candidates are somehow approved by the party, and not the whole party electorate.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #122
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    No, I am not in favor of Iran.. I am just trying to show ho biased you are against Iran and how biased you are in favor of your own version of democracy. Not you specifically, but the people in this thread who claim the Iranian president, who said those nasty things, are not democratically elected.
    Do you understand that the president of Iran must be approved by the Supreme Council? That the Supreme Council can reject the candidate that was voted in by the people? This ensures that the president is subordinate to the Supreme Council and will act in the Council's interest. In the entire situation, the Supreme Council is in power, and anything the president does is approved by the Supreme Council. That is not even bourgeois democracy.

    And what is my version of democracy, exactly? That sounds pretty laughable.

    Yet in the primaries there are just a dusin or so candidates for each party. Where are all the others? And how were they rooted away? I can imagine thousands of people sign up like you say, but all those arent in the primaries, are they? The primary candidates are somehow approved by the party, and not the whole party electorate.
    That is the question I was asking.

    Technically it amounts to the amount of signatures that a person can get to get on the ballot for state primaries. Since one has to be fairly well known and successful as a politician to get enough signatures in every state its hard for unknowns to get in.
    I know that different states have different methods for this, but I remember reading that some states actually have councils that select candidates on top of signatures. Do you know where I can find more information on this? It is incredibly difficult to find; I attempted to look into this a while ago, and all I could find was a post on Democratic Underground that explained how the process works in Wisconsin, I think.
    Last edited by Khayembii Communique; 01-16-09 at 11:52 AM.

  3. #123
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    KC might be communist, but at least he's an honest debater. You are not.
    Come on.. Iran is a democracy, the US is known to be biased against Iran, and if a US agency says the election is not free and fair, then that doesnt really count as it not being free and fair in my eyes when the people elect the president.

    I blame the people of Iran for electing the mr president moron.

    I am really trying to show that their leader represents them, and that there is a larger problem than him being a moron alone.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  4. #124
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Do you understand that the president of Iran must be approved by the Supreme Council? That the Supreme Council can reject the candidate that was voted in by the people? This ensures that the president is subordinate to the Supreme Council and will act in the Council's interest. In the entire situation, the Supreme Council is in power, and anything the president does is approved by the Supreme Council. That is not even bourgeois democracy.
    I never said Iranian democracy is good, I just said its a democracy, just like the US and European democracies are democracies, even though many people could argue on forever that they arent.


    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    And what is my version of democracy, exactly? That sounds pretty laughable.
    I mean, the "generally accepted" version of democracy, which in many ways are flawed as well, and a detriment on society.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  5. #125
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    I never said Iranian democracy is good, I just said its a democracy, just like the US and European democracies are democracies, even though many people could argue on forever that they arent.
    I didn't know that the appointment of officials was democracy.

    I mean, the "generally accepted" version of democracy, which in many ways are flawed as well, and a detriment on society.
    You haven't clarified at all. If "my view" of democracy is the "generally accepted" version of democracy, then what is the "generally accepted" version?

    Come on.. Iran is a democracy, the US is known to be biased against Iran, and if a US agency says the election is not free and fair, then that doesnt really count as it not being free and fair in my eyes when the people elect the president.
    Here is your logic spelled out:

    1. The US says Iran is a dictatorship.
    2. I am anti-US and disagree with everything they say.
    3. Therefore, I think Iran is a democracy.

    I am really trying to show that their leader represents them, and that there is a larger problem than him being a moron alone.
    You clearly know nothing about Iran, then. Unless people love being oppressed? Perhaps they're all masochists.

  6. #126
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    I didn't know that the appointment of officials was democracy.
    They had elections.. There is no way to spin around this, just give up.. Yes the final candidates were still approved, so what, there was still elections.. The final elected president is not approved in any other way than in monarchies, ceremonial.
    In Norway and other countries the prime minister have to be approved by the king...

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    You haven't clarified at all. If "my view" of democracy is the "generally accepted" version of democracy, then what is the "generally accepted" version?
    I wasnt referring to you personally at all actually. I was referring to democracies in Europe and the US as generally accepted.


    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Here is your logic spelled out:

    1. The US says Iran is a dictatorship.
    2. I am anti-US and disagree with everything they say.
    3. Therefore, I think Iran is a democracy.
    Didn't say that at all, your assumptions and misquotations and spinning is really starting to annoy me, and makes me think a lot less of you every time.

    1. The US is anti-Iran
    2. The US says Iran is not a democracy with a free electoral process
    3. Therefore I think the view is clouded by biased against Iran.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    You clearly know nothing about Iran, then. Unless people love being oppressed? Perhaps they're all masochists.
    Maybe its oppressed 100%(completely irrelevant) but their leader was still democratically elected, so was their parliament..
    If you cant see that, then I dont know why we should continue this debate.


    You seem to have blind love for the US, and we all know both hatred and love makes blind. I have not love(except women and family) nor hatred(except evil and low moral) for anything, I just view things in a neutral perspective and then decide if it sucks or doesnt.
    Last edited by Maximus Zeebra; 01-16-09 at 12:07 PM.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    They had elections.. There is no way to spin around this,.....
    The only thing that I can add here is that I have a friend who is a native Iranian and still has contact with relatives there, and according to him everyone hates the little bastard that was elected. I'm not talking like in the US where Democrats hate Bush but a large majority prior to and after the election, so that tells me that the results were probably rigged.

  8. #128
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    The only thing that I can add here is that I have a friend who is a native Iranian and still has contact with relatives there, and according to him everyone hates the little bastard that was elected. I'm not talking like in the US where Democrats hate Bush but a large majority prior to and after the election, so that tells me that the results were probably rigged.
    Well if your friend says so, they must be rigged.

  9. #129
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    They had elections..
    So? So did Iraq. Was Saddam democratically elected?

    Yes the final candidates were still approved, so what
    Because the approval means that ultimate power resides with the Supreme Council and therefore the candidates are appointed.

    The final elected president is not approved in any other way than in monarchies, ceremonial.
    Except it's not similar at all, considering the fact that in countries that still have monarchies the monarchy doesn't hold any considerable power, whereas in Iran the Supreme Council has all ("supreme") power.

    I wasnt referring to you personally at all actually. I was referring to democracies in Europe and the US as generally accepted.
    Yes, you clearly were:

    I am just trying to show ho biased you are against Iran and how biased you are in favor of your own version of democracy.
    Didn't say that at all
    Of course you didn't say it. That's just how you work. You don't need to say it.

    1. The US is anti-Iran
    2. The US says Iran is not a democracy with a free electoral process
    3. Therefore I think the view is clouded by biased against Iran.
    Well no **** the US is anti-Iran, but that doesn't change the fact that Iran isn't a democracy. If you knew anything about Iran then you wouldn't be saying such ridiculous things. Want to argue now that China is democratic? Or the DPRK?

    Maybe its oppressed 100%(completely irrelevant) but their leader was still democratically elected, so was their parliament..
    If you cant see that, then I dont know why we should continue this debate.
    The fact that you think the Council of Guardians is in any way comparable to a ceremonial head of state is laughable.

    You seem to have blind love for the US
    HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA!!! I actually chuckled a bit at this. It's funny that someone that doesn't fit into your Manichean paradigm of "pro-US/anti-US" completely blows your mind. You're completely delusional if you think I'm "pro-US". At least you confirmed what I said earlier about how your entire outlook is based around being anti-US.

    Hilarious!
    Last edited by Khayembii Communique; 01-16-09 at 12:24 PM.

  10. #130
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Because the approval means that ultimate power resides with the Supreme Council and therefore the candidates are appointed.
    Yes, and the SUPREME court in the US.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Except it's not similar at all, considering the fact that in countries that still have monarchies the monarchy doesn't hold any considerable power, whereas in Iran the Supreme Council has all ("supreme") power.
    Except it is, the king is the supreme head of state.


    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Yes, you clearly were:
    No, dont tell me what I was.. I was generalizing. You is also a word to use when generalizing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Of course you didn't say it. That's just how you work. You don't need to say it.
    Just like you dont need to say that you are clearly blindly in love with the US..
    I can assume a bunch of things about a bunch of people, yet I try to avoid that, while you seem to love that concept, something that makes my opinion of you pretty low.



    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Well no **** the US is anti-Iran, but that doesn't change the fact that Iran isn't a democracy. If you knew anything about Iran then you wouldn't be saying such ridiculous things. Want to argue now that China is democratic? Or the DPRK?
    Why do you draw ridiculous parallels.. I am talking about Iran, he was elected, so was the parliament. Thats democracy, there just isnt any way for you to spin this anymore, however much you feel like it because of your different biases.


    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    The fact that you think the Council of Guardians is in any way comparable to a ceremonial head of state is laughable.
    It is COMPARABLE to both the supreme court in the US and the supreme head of state in monarchies which is the king.
    No I am not saying its the same.




    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA!!! I actually chuckled a bit at this. It's funny that someone that doesn't fit into your Manichean paradigm of "pro-US/anti-US" completely blows your mind. You're completely delusional if you think I'm "pro-US". At least you confirmed what I said earlier about how your entire outlook is based around being anti-US.

    Hilarious!
    Actually I am not anti-US at all, thats just something you assume, just like I assume you are blindly in love with the US for the sake of demonstrating.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •