Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 388

Thread: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

  1. #371
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Of course you meant to imply something about homosexuals. You just equated them with muggers and murderers, as if sexual preference that doesn't fit your personal mold is some kind of violent crime.

    I think YOU need to choose your words better. *disgusted*


    Haha nice attempt to cover yourself but it is very transparent.

    I didn't mention anything about the issue at hand, I was talking about your argument. Your argument could be applied in many circumstances and is wrong. Discrimination is certainly not always bad. That is all I said, that is all I meant, keep your defamatory opinions about my motives to yourself.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  2. #372
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post


    Haha nice attempt to cover yourself but it is very transparent.

    I didn't mention anything about the issue at hand, I was talking about your argument. Your argument could be applied in many circumstances and is wrong. Discrimination is certainly not always bad. That is all I said, that is all I meant, keep your defamatory opinions about my motives to yourself.

    Disingenuous, inflammatory and thoroughly unpleasant flamebait. If you don't have a rudimentory understanding of language, then it's not my problem. I won't respond to someone who is dishonest, unkind and manipulative. If you want to discuss the topic openly, let me know. Otherwise, bye.

  3. #373
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Disingenuous, inflammatory and thoroughly unpleasant flamebait. If you don't have a rudimentory understanding of language, then it's not my problem. I won't respond to someone who is dishonest, unkind and manipulative. If you want to discuss the topic openly, let me know. Otherwise, bye.


    Wtf? I question your argument and you accuse me of all sorts of things and then have a tantrum and run away.

    These posts of yours really are absurd.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 01-17-09 at 05:36 AM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  4. #374
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Disingenuous, inflammatory and thoroughly unpleasant flamebait. If you don't have a rudimentory understanding of language, then it's not my problem. I won't respond to someone who is dishonest, unkind and manipulative. If you want to discuss the topic openly, let me know. Otherwise, bye.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' PolicyPlease simmer down with the personal attacks.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #375
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by The silenced majority View Post
    Ending DADT would be a step toward normalizing a lifestyle choice that is dangerous health-wise. for men.
    That is idiotic. Do you think that smokers and drinkers should be banned from serving in the military? No? Then STFU. Kthxbai!
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #376
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-30-09 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,648

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Shewter View Post
    Allowing them to inform others of their preference.
    I don't see why they would need to tell anyone if they were straight or whatever. That's not in the job description.

    Ending DADT would be another way for a disgruntled identity-group to use the government to put a stamp of approval on their claim as to the way society should be..

    Homosexuality among men is a very un-healthy dangerous lifestyle and certainly something the government shouldn't endorse.

    Homosexuality among men is no more dangerous than heterosexuality. Women have the same orifices and more.
    Keep telling yourself that.

    HIV Prevalence, Unrecognized Infection, and HIV Testing Among Men Who Have Sex with Men --- Five U.S. Cities, June 2004--April 2005
    Distress and Depression in Men Who Have Sex With Men: The Urban Men's Health Study -- Mills et al. 161 (2): 278 -- Am J Psychiatry
    Young People at Risk: HIV/AIDS Among America’s Youth - The Body
    Can I get HIV from anal sex? | Questions and Answers | CDC HIV/AIDS
    The gay bowel syndrome: clinico-pathologic correla...[Ann Clin Lab Sci. 1976 Mar-Apr] - PubMed Result
    More gay men using meth, study finds - Los Angeles Times
    The Circuit Party Men's Health Survey: findings and implications for gay and bisexual men.
    NEJM -- Sexual transmission of enteric protozoa and helminths in a venereal-disease-clinic population
    Abstracts: Characteristics of patients with syphilis attending Baltimore STD clinics: multiple high-risk subgroups and interactions with human immunodeficiency virus infection
    Predictors of chlamydial infection and gonorrhea among patients seen by private practitioners.
    AEGiS-Reuters: HIV, AIDS Cases Rise Among U.S. Gay, Bisexual Men
    Increase in unprotected anogenital intercourse among homosexual men.
    Abstracts: Behavioral relapse among homosexually active men: implications for STD control. Trends in sexually transmitted diseases in homosexually active men in King County, Washington, 1980-1990
    Amebiasis in New York City 1958--1978: identification of the male homosexual high risk population.
    Outcome of untreated infection with Entamoeba histolytica in homosexual men with and without HIV antibody.
    Sexually transmitted diseases in homosexual men.
    A community-wide outbreak of hepatitis A : risk factors for infection among homosexual and bisexual men
    JAMA -- Abstract: Sexual transmission efficiency of hepatitis B virus and human immunodeficiency virus among homosexual men, July 11, 1990, Kingsley et al. 264 (2): 230
    NEJM -- Sexual practices, sexually transmitted diseases, and the incidence of anal cancer
    JAMA -- Abstract: Prevalence and correlates of herpes simplex infections. The population-based AIDS in Multiethnic Neighborhoods Study, October 7, 1992, Siegel et al. 268 (13): 1702
    Incidence of human immunodeficiency virus-related and nonrelated malignancies in a large cohort of homosexual men -- Lyter et al. 13 (10): 2540 -- Journal of Clinical Oncology
    Alcohol and drug use among homosexual men and wome...[Addict Behav. 1989] - PubMed Result
    Study:43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with 500 or more partners, with 28 percent having 1,000 or more sexpartners
    A comparative demographic and sexual profile of older homosexually active men | Journal of Sex Research | Find Articles at BNET

  7. #377
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-30-09 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,648

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    That is idiotic. Do you think that smokers and drinkers should be banned from serving in the military? No? Then STFU. Kthxbai!

    Is there a cigarette-smoking identity-group using government policy to enshrine cigarette smoking in the military? No? Then STFU. Kthxbai!

  8. #378
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by The silenced majority View Post
    Is there a cigarette-smoking identity-group using government policy to enshrine cigarette smoking in the military? No? Then STFU. Kthxbai!
    What the hell are you talking about? Yes, there is a cigarette-smoking identity group. They're called "smokers." How is that relevant anyway?

    You think smokers should be allowed in the military, even though their lifestyle is less healthy. Fair enough. You don't think homosexuals should be allowed in the military, because their lifestyle is supposedly less healthy. WTF?

    At least be consistent in your moronic excuses for your gay-bashing.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #379
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-30-09 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,648

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Yes, there is a cigarette-smoking identity group. They're called "smokers." How is that relevant anyway?
    Do smokers think monolithically as you think you and other homosexuals should? Not too often.

    You think smokers should be allowed in the military, even though their lifestyle is less healthy.
    I think they should be allowed in the military. I don't think the government should be used as a way to validate cigarette smoking though. Ending DADT is the government validating homosexuality.


    Fair enough. You don't think homosexuals should be allowed in the military, because their lifestyle is supposedly less healthy. WTF?
    Again, read above. Homosexuals are allowed to serve in the military. They have no reason at all whatsoever to need to share their sexual preference with anyone. Because people are free to think the way they do, some are going to object (with good reason) to homosexuality and the homosexual lifestyle. Ending DADT would be the government's way of telling people that they must accept homosexuality in the military. Given that choice, some, if not many, would just choose to not serve. This is a foolish experiment to undertake at anytime especially when we are at war.

    Society is the way it is. You people are one day going to run in to a brick wall once more and more people begin to understand the nuances of your little phony group-grievance shtick.

    At least be consistent in your moronic excuses for your gay-bashing.
    Anyone who stands opposed to the society that the identity-group wants for all of us is a ____________ - basher.

    Wrong again.

    As usual.

  10. #380
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by The silenced majority View Post
    Do smokers think monolithically as you think you and other homosexuals should? Not too often.
    Think monolithically? WTF are you talking about? No one suggested that ALL homosexuals want to be part of the military.

    Quote Originally Posted by The silenced majority
    I think they should be allowed in the military. I don't think the government should be used as a way to validate cigarette smoking though. Ending DADT is the government validating homosexuality.
    How do you figure? Then why isn't allowing open smokers to serve in the military "the government validating smoking"?

    Quote Originally Posted by The silenced majority
    Again, read above. Homosexuals are allowed to serve in the military. They have no reason at all whatsoever to need to share their sexual preference with anyone.
    OK, well maybe smokers should be allowed to serve in the military too, as long as they treat their habit as a deep, dark secret. But if they don't hide their habit, they should be discharged.

    Quote Originally Posted by The silenced majority
    Because people are free to think the way they do, some are going to object (with good reason) to homosexuality and the homosexual lifestyle.
    They can object all they want, they just shouldn't try to prohibit them from serving in the military.

    Quote Originally Posted by The silenced majority
    Ending DADT would be the government's way of telling people that they must accept homosexuality in the military. Given that choice, some, if not many, would just choose to not serve. This is a foolish experiment to undertake at anytime especially when we are at war.
    There are very few people who are SO offended by the prospect of gays openly serving in the military that it would affect their decision to enlist, especially since everyone knows that gays already serve in the military. And good riddance to those few anyway. That is THEIR problem.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •