Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 388

Thread: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

  1. #281
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Like only one person per day can come out of the closet?
    Normally, but don't forget Two-for-Tuesdays....
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  2. #282
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    We got people to kill and lives to save, so lace up your boots, put on your boony cover, and fall the f*ck in.
    This is exactly why it doesn't matter. No one needs to worry about it.


    And here's something to think about guys, if you are that worried about showering with a gay dude, wouldn't you want to know who it is so you could avoid it?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #283
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,623
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Wow. Kick over one rock and uncover a writhing, squirming nest of hidden homophobia. Who knew?

    This thread makes me sad.


  4. #284
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Wow. Kick over one rock and uncover a writhing, squirming nest of hidden homophobia. Who knew?

    ^^ No animals were harmed in the typing of this post. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    This is exactly why it doesn't matter. No one needs to worry about it.
    But...they...do. It's a fact of life that is unavoidable so stop pretending like we can wish it away and stop pretending like you know what's best for the military. I'm sorry if it sounds harsh but that's the bottom line. A policy that represents a potential complication for our military is a policy that needs to find its home in a sh*t-can.

    Wow. Kick over one rock and uncover a writhing, squirming nest of hidden homophobia. Who knew?

    This thread makes me sad.
    Kick over another rock and uncover a nest of civilians who are potentially willing to sacrifice a portion of our military's operational proficiency for their PC social agenda.

    This thread makes me sad.

  6. #286
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    As you all can see by my thanking both sides of this argument, you can see my conservative values getting drop kicked by my libertarian views....


    To me people are people and I personally have no issue with it. That said. I see Sgt. Rocks, anf Ethereal's position as the echo of the military as a whole... you have to remember inside of the military itself you have a microcosm of many different cultures. Some view homosexuality as more abhorrent than others. No one I mean no one serving as far as I have seen whether is myself, ethereal or sgt rock care about your homosexuality. But if you make it an issue, so will they. like I said... some things are not an issue until you make it one....

    Do I think DADT should go away? yes and no. Do I think that morals and conduct should be upheld absolutley..... if one maintains ones military bearing then its no issue, But when one does not, will it become a civillian social issue? this is what needs to be considered...

    Look you are there to serve your country. I can not count on the number of idiots my huge ego had to submit to while I served. You are not there to sit on floats in hot pants shooting water pistols...


    Alex is a prime example. he could be gay, no one cared, and he served honorably.... I think removing the DADT risks these men from serving honorably not because of thier gayness but as being "oh thats the gay guy" and being treated as such.......


    In other words, when you all remove DADT expect a lot more discrimination now that you all labled everyone based on there preferences.


    I am kinda rambling tonight. too much cough syrup....
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 01-15-09 at 10:36 PM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    if one maintains ones military bearing then its no issue, But when one does not, will it become a civillian social issue? this is what needs to be considered...
    I agree, but there will ALWAYS be somebody that doesn't maintain their military bearing and thus, needs either a kick in the butt or a kick out of the military depending on the situation.

    We can't base decisions on whether someone will break the rules, because let's face it, there are already rules in the military and people break them. We wouldn't have article 15 hearings in the Army or Court Marshals if everyone followed the rules.

  8. #288
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I agree, but there will ALWAYS be somebody that doesn't maintain their military bearing and thus, needs either a kick in the butt or a kick out of the military depending on the situation.
    Military Humor - Air Force Wall-to-Wall Counseling


    We can't base decisions on whether someone will break the rules, because let's face it, there are already rules in the military and people break them. We wouldn't have article 15 hearings in the Army or Court Marshals if everyone followed the rules.


    See my concern in this case is not just someone. I served when DADT was implemented. the very idea of a draft dodger instilling such a change was abhorrent....

    Not because there were gays in the military, but that someone who ran to canada had the audacity to do it..... it did affect morale.... again me, peoples are peoples, but at the same time i saw what it did to morale, thankfully it was peace time....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    See my concern in this case is not just someone. I served when DADT was implemented. the very idea of a draft dodger instilling such a change was abhorrent....

    Not because there were gays in the military, but that someone who ran to canada had the audacity to do it..... it did affect morale.... again me, peoples are peoples, but at the same time i saw what it did to morale, thankfully it was peace time....
    I also served during that time, and agree that was a lot to take. I still agreed with it because I had an older brother that was denied because he was gay but wanted to serve (it was known locally he was gay so no chance of hiding that), but I can understand your feelings on that will Bill.

    I think the times are changing and it is indeed time for a change. I still think the military can handle it. It has changed much since my uncle was in and I think it will change much since I left.

    I mean I am still trying to get over the new Army uniforms they have now, so I understand change can be hard even in the littlest of details, but I think it can be done.

  10. #290
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I also served during that time, and agree that was a lot to take. I still agreed with it because I had an older brother that was denied because he was gay but wanted to serve (it was known locally he was gay so no chance of hiding that), but I can understand your feelings on that will Bill.

    I think the times are changing and it is indeed time for a change. I still think the military can handle it. It has changed much since my uncle was in and I think it will change much since I left.

    I mean I am still trying to get over the new Army uniforms they have now, so I understand change can be hard even in the littlest of details, but I think it can be done.
    What? You don't like the ACU? So much easier than BDU. No ****ing boot polishing FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •