Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 90

Thread: Child named Adolf Hitler removed from home in New Jersey

  1. #71
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Child named Adolf Hitler removed from home in New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Yesterday at work, I spoke to a guy named Isabelle.


    I don't think I could live with a common guys name myself. I would legally have it changed as soon as I could and have a serious talk with my parents about why they hate me.
    She got use to it and actually has fun with it now.

  2. #72
    User MBona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    01-22-09 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8

    Re: Child named Adolf Hitler removed from home in New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    So much for freedom of speech. I mean, I don't agree with the parents neo-nazi bull**** ideology at all and I think it's atrocious that they would name their kid after Adolf Hitler, but they really have the right to do so if they want to. If we are going to allow freedom of speech from everyone that means everyone, including neo-nazis. How much of a threat are they anyway? Their numbers have to be dwindling pretty low at this point.

    Wouldnt you agree that a child has no freedom of speech, it is the parent's decision and the life that kid would lead would be a life of torment and ridicule most like following the footsteps of his namesake he would take violent action. The name in itself is neglect and abuse.

  3. #73
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Child named Adolf Hitler removed from home in New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by MBona View Post
    Wouldnt you agree that a child has no freedom of speech, it is the parent's decision and the life that kid would lead would be a life of torment and ridicule most like following the footsteps of his namesake he would take violent action. The name in itself is neglect and abuse.
    I'm sorry, but I don't consider it neglect and abuse, especially when compared to some of the idiotic names that celebrities give their kids as well as Star Wars and Trekkie nerds. I see it as people expressing their personal beliefs, which they have every right to have. If we are going to allow other groups of people to engage in this kind of behavior we have to allow it for all of them whether we agree with their views or not.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-23-09 @ 05:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    198

    Re: Child named Adolf Hitler removed from home in New Jersey

    If no abuse or neglect was given--I smell big money for Adolf and family, this might be a blessing in disguise. You cannot take a kid away from family because his name was Satan, Saddam, Adolf, Pol Pot, Lucifer, Lenin or whatever.... Ridiculous.

    Besides, you take away the bad policies of Hitler's National Socialism such as the Racial and gun control and you have America--the New land of the Socialists, a new Europe nation across the sea. It's so sad many of the sheeple cannot recognize how much in common they have with Hitler's National Socialism.

    YouTube - A Boy Named Hitler
    Last edited by GOP Socialist Soldier; 01-16-09 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added words

  5. #75
    User MBona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    01-22-09 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8

    Re: Child named Adolf Hitler removed from home in New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't consider it neglect and abuse, especially when compared to some of the idiotic names that celebrities give their kids as well as Star Wars and Trekkie nerds. I see it as people expressing their personal beliefs, which they have every right to have. If we are going to allow other groups of people to engage in this kind of behavior we have to allow it for all of them whether we agree with their views or not.

    I agree but naming your kid clenon 4040 or whatever the hell they name their kids is not the same as adolf hitler. It is a form of hate speech and could possibly reincite race riots.

    I guess the point that we should be discussing is whether or not taking the child out of the home was a fair decision. I think it was a good decision because the child will not lead a healthy life being surrounded by all of the hate at home and hate against him in school.

  6. #76
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Child named Adolf Hitler removed from home in New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by MBona View Post
    I agree but naming your kid clenon 4040 or whatever the hell they name their kids is not the same as adolf hitler. It is a form of hate speech and could possibly reincite race riots.

    I guess the point that we should be discussing is whether or not taking the child out of the home was a fair decision. I think it was a good decision because the child will not lead a healthy life being surrounded by all of the hate at home and hate against him in school.
    Like I said, it doesn't matter whether you agree with their views or not. I personally don't. But that doesn't give me or anyone the right to take their kids away because the name of their kid is inspired after their own belief system. This is an issue of freedom of speech. The state violated that by taking away the kids.

  7. #77
    Advisor Keorythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    08-05-14 @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    440

    Re: Child named Adolf Hitler removed from home in New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Not in the least. Most are overworked, underpaid, and undertrained.
    Having actually worked as a CPS agent in the past I can tell you for a fact that this is true.

    Here in the Harris county area there has been a major push for better training which has added another week to the training regime. Unfortunately the job can still be overwhelming. You could have anywhere from 15-45 cases per month which requires alot of investigating and multiple face to face contact. I would literally visit anywhere up to 5 families a day and then spend a week to fill in the paper work on all of the cases while more backed up.

    A majority of the cases were pure BS and I spent a good amount of time entering people's names into our database which IMHO really shouldn't have been there and wondering why we didn't have a fast track system for cases we ruled out.

    Of course, there were some major problems. I was one of 3 males in my class of 50 which was uncommon...because they had never had that many males in a while. There were some people I worked with were "crusader" who seemed to pretty much go after people no holds bar and without much evidence if any to substantiate their belief. Men often bore the brunt of these ladies despite not having any evidence or testimony. Homeschoolers used to be treated pretty badly but alot of the new training goes over that and alot are being left alone now.

    The last straw for me (beside the 24/7 on call rotation, complete screw-up of our overtime, crappy vehicle reimbursement, and dealing with some of the lowest of the low scum) was the FLDS thing. One of my special investigator buddies gave me a heads up not to get involved after he had done a rotation there. Apparently we had a solid base of evidence but they were unprepared for the magnitude nor were they handling it very well.

    Looking forward to the police academy now.
    Freedom is... never more than one generation away from extinction. Every generation has to learn how to protect and defend it, or it’s gone and gone for a long, long time- Ronald Reagan

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    02-04-09 @ 02:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,231

    Cool Re: Child named Adolf Hitler removed from home in New Jersey

    The argument was thus:

    “Since the Public has no rights to restrict what is Public in a Republic, therefore, the Public has no rights and the Republic is a fallacy;”

    And NOT what you vomited in my face as if it was mine:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So basically it comes down to you're ok for the State taking a kid away over only a name but if someone actually teaches that child to hate other groups like many churches, you'd be pissed if they took the kids away.

    Interesting, it's ok to punish along indoctrination lines so long as it's not your indoctrination lines.
    It's NOT ok to punish along indoctrination lines so long as it's not my indoctrination lines, but it is ok to punish PUBLIC indoctrination lines that are incompatible with the morals or social contract of the Republic’s preferred cultural state. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Do unto others (public), as you would want them to do unto you (respect your Public). You shall have your Public I shall have mine:

    “109.006
    YUSUFALI: To you be your Way, and to me mine.
    PICKTHAL: Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.
    SHAKIR: You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion.”
    CRCC: Center For Muslim-Jewish Engagement: Resources: Religious Texts

    It is impossible for the Muslim to have their preferred cultural state, their way, where Democracy or a Republic means anything, if you can display porn in public in their State, or publicly insult them with a name: Mr. Mohammad the Pedophile. Islam has proven by history that it is somewhat tolerant of other faiths (in my opinion not necessarily Idolaters or Pagans), as long as the public display appears that only Allah is worshiped. Is it too much to ask that one respect another Republic’s Public?

    You did not understand the argument, the key word is “Public,” nor did you refute the argument, therefore, the argument stands, and your Libertarian Republic (State, virtual for argument purposes) is a fallacy (guile, trickery; disrespecting of valid argument) nobody should have to respect.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Child named Adolf Hitler removed from home in New Jersey

    You haven't done anything but mouth off a bunch of gibberish. I've based my arguments on rights, you've based yours on nothing. It still comes down to the fact that you were pissed that someone mentioned religion. It doesn't matter what the "public" wants. The Public can want to stone people to death in the streets, but that doesn't mean that the government gets to enact that. Our system is based on the rights of the individual and not mob rule. So till you come up with an argument based on that, you've nothing but silly gibberish wherein you think it's ok for a child to be taken away because of a name but it's ok for a Christian group to incited hate and intolerance of other groups and indoctrinate that into their children. It's an irrational position to hold.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Seen
    02-04-09 @ 02:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,231

    Cool Re: Child named Adolf Hitler removed from home in New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You haven't done anything but mouth off a bunch of gibberish. I've based my arguments on rights, you've based yours on nothing. It still comes down to the fact that you were pissed that someone mentioned religion. It doesn't matter what the "public" wants. The Public can want to stone people to death in the streets, but that doesn't mean that the government gets to enact that. Our system is based on the rights of the individual and not mob rule. So till you come up with an argument based on that, you've nothing but silly gibberish wherein you think it's ok for a child to be taken away because of a name but it's ok for a Christian group to incited hate and intolerance of other groups and indoctrinate that into their children. It's an irrational position to hold.
    You are a master of the, “this is what I think, therefore, it must be true,” argument.

    Our system is NOT based on the rights of the individual, and “mob rule” is not what a Republic with a Constitution is.

    “We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

    Not: “We the {insert name here}, in order to form a perfect disunion, establish individual justice of survival of the fittest, insure domestic abuse, provide for the common disorder, promote the general illfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to our self and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the {insert name here}.”

    “The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence.”

    Rights of the Republic, not rights to abuse a child against the wishes of the Republic’s ability to “insure domestic tranquility.”

    “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.”

    Lacking enough information that is why I first looked at the State constitution. If the State has no law prohibiting such abuse (you may be named Sue), and if the State constitution and the Courts have not ruled such a thing is abuse, which reasonable people may believe could lead to destruction of domestic tranquility for our State’s resident Joos and or the child, then the power is left to the parents to name their child Adolf Hitler or Sue:

    YouTube - Johnny Cash "A Boy Named Sue" ORIGINAL

    Our founding fathers did not legislate from the grave, we the people can amend your rights any time we want to. Article III is as much a part of the Constitution as any other part where you claim rights, that is why it is so important Congress understands they can impeach the “liberal“ tyranny that an FDR or an Obamanation might Pack.

    I've based my arguments on rights, articulated in the Constitution, you've based yours on nothing but YOUR mouth.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •