1) The Constitution does provide for separation of church and state, and states so explicitly.
2) When you pass laws that adhere strictly to a subset of a Judeo-Christian ethic, that clearly goes against separation.
3) Anti abortion law at a Federal level is clearly based on a subset of a Judeo-Christian ethic.
4) Bingo, there you have it - The church attempting to force their idea of what morality is into government. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.
5) Whatever powers are not explicitly stated in the Constitution belong to the states and to the people.
6) While Roe v. Wade was wrongly decided, and should be overturned, the argument against the Federal government forcing the states to adopt the opposite position is just as compelling. Ever hear of the 10th amendment?
7) Abortion is murder? Says who? Churches, and not all churches take that stance.
8) Why don't all churches take that stance? Because there is disagreement among Biblical scholars as to whether abortion is murder or not.
9) What disagreement you ask? The following passages help to explain the other side:
Man did not become a living soul until he took his first breath. But there is more:Originally Posted by Genesis 2:7
As you can see, while the penalty in the Bible for murder is death, the penalty for causing a fetus to abort is a fine, to be determined by the elders, after consulting the woman's husband. That is actual biblical evidence that abortion is not murder, but is one interpretation. There are others, of course. But the bottom line here is that not every Christian believes abortion is murder, but the fundamentalists are attempting to pass Federal legislation making it so, based on their own version of the Judeo-Christian belief. This is clearly unconstitutional, as it is forcing the belief of some denominations of the Church onto everybody else, clearly in violation of the first amendment.Originally Posted by Exodus 21:22
10) Now, I will ask you once more - What straw man are you talking about? I see none here.
The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016
What is the purpose of marriage if it is not religious in nature?
Tucker Case - Tard magnet.