Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 142

Thread: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

  1. #31
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Its the people who vote for her.

    That and the whole gay marriage thing with Mayor Gavin, trying to force it down America's throats.

    And the 9th Circuit court.
    I could see your point about the gay marriage being shoved down everyone's throats if they were trying to get other people to get a gay marriage, but they weren't. Regardless of whether you agree with gay marriage or not, I don't see how advocating rights for others equates to shoving it down others throats. But maybe that's just me.

    I still don't see what is so bad about San Francisco. Then again, I've never visited there and I could be completely missing something that only those who have dared to go there have experienced.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I could see your point about the gay marriage being shoved down everyone's throats if they were trying to get other people to get a gay marriage, but they weren't. Regardless of whether you agree with gay marriage or not, I don't see how advocating rights for others equates to shoving it down others throats. But maybe that's just me.

    ....
    Yeah its just you.

    And people like you who think that blowing off 5000 years of tradition respected by abut 90% of the country is stifling the rights of people who chose an abnormal lifestyle. But please keep trying to equate it with the Civil Rights movement because that went over so well with blacks in California.

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Yeah its just you.

    And people like you who think that blowing off 5000 years of tradition respected by abut 90% of the country is stifling the rights of people who chose an abnormal lifestyle. But please keep trying to equate it with the Civil Rights movement because that went over so well with blacks in California.
    5000 years ago polygamy was the norm and women were regarded as property.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    5000 years ago polygamy was the norm and women were regarded as property.
    That was 5000 years ago, so I don't see your point.

  5. #35
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Yeah its just you.
    Perhaps, but I don't think so.

    And people like you who think that blowing off 5000 years of tradition respected by abut 90% of the country is stifling the rights of people who chose an abnormal lifestyle. But please keep trying to equate it with the Civil Rights movement because that went over so well with blacks in California.
    5,000 years of tradition, huh? Well, regardless of what you'd like to think people progress and so does society. And this issue will keep going until eventually it is allowed. That's a fact of life. You can try to stifle progression all you want, but it will happen regardless. Oh, and by the way...just because African Americans still deal with civil rights issues doesn't mean that they somehow get to define and decide what are and aren't civil rights issues. I personally think it is a civil rights issue.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    That was 5000 years ago, so I don't see your point.
    You are the one who mentioned 5000 years of tradition. Obviously traditions change.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You are the one who mentioned 5000 years of tradition. Obviously traditions change.
    Not marriage. Not in 5000 years anyway. *shrug*

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Perhaps, but I don't think so.



    5,000 years of tradition, huh? Well, regardless of what you'd like to think people progress and so does society. And this issue will keep going until eventually it is allowed. That's a fact of life. You can try to stifle progression all you want, but it will happen regardless. Oh, and by the way...just because African Americans still deal with civil rights issues doesn't mean that they somehow get to define and decide what are and aren't civil rights issues. I personally think it is a civil rights issue.
    I think this issue will keep going until the pendulum swings back. Make sure y'all duck when it does.

  9. #39
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    5,000 years of tradition, huh? Well, regardless of what you'd like to think people progress and so does society. And this issue will keep going until eventually it is allowed. That's a fact of life. You can try to stifle progression all you want...
    Describing the movement towards the universal recognition of same-sex marriage as 'progress' is a matter of opinion.

  10. #40
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Describing the movement towards the universal recognition of same-sex marriage as 'progress' is a matter of opinion.
    Well, I'm sorry, but how would it be anything but a progression? It's certainly not regression. It's not like it once was universally legal and now it's not but we are working to get it legal once again.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •