Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 142

Thread: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

  1. #121
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    It is a huge commitment, which is why its so important for a stable society.
    I'm sorry, but what does it have to do with a stable society? People either get married or they don't. I have friends who have been together for years but don't want to get married because they feel that their love is strong enough without it having to be written on a piece of paper.

  2. #122
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Are there any reasons you are aware of that you could share?
    I dare not speak for others.

    Would there be any other contracts that relate to "recognized by law" but not "legal" that are not recognized in an interstate fashion? Are all business contracts considered binding across state lines?
    I really don't know.

    Are there any other contracts that could fit the criteria of where they are recognized by one state, while being expressly prohibited in the constitution of another?
    Again, I really don't know.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, Marriage is not the utmost importance to our relationship. Marriage gets us bonuses. We have lower taxes, our insurance is fantastic, .
    ....
    actually, your taxes are probably higher than they would be otherwise.

    Your insurer gives you better rates because they recognize that you are likely to be a more stable person. Thanks for making may argument for me.

  4. #124
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Getting a little testy there. That's the first time I've seen that out of you.

    Apparently your marriage is pretty important.
    Not testy at all, just curious. I was wondering what the comment meant, or if it was just a joke.


    If it was just a joke, then I apologize for not recognizing it as such.



    P.S. My relationship with my wife is very, very important to me, but my "marriage" is pretty much nothing to me.

    I'd be willing to get divorced tomorrow if there were sufficient financial reasons to go through the hassle of it.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #125
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I dare not speak for others.
    Can't say I blame you on that one. Whenever I've tried to speak for others, I get it 100% wrong every time.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I'm sorry, but what does it have to do with a stable society? People either get married or they don't. I have friends who have been together for years but don't want to get married because they feel that their love is strong enough without it having to be written on a piece of paper.
    Dicto simpliciter

  7. #127
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Your insurer gives you better rates because they recognize that you are likely to be a more stable person. Thanks for making may argument for me.
    I can see the stabilty argument, I just don't see how the genders of the participants plays a role in that.

    Is there any evidence to suggest that a gay couple that choses to enter into a marriage contract would not be as stable as the straight couple who does the same?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #128
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Dicto simpliciter
    Or..ya know..you could answer my question.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    actually, your taxes are probably higher than they would be otherwise.

    Your insurer gives you better rates because they recognize that you are likely to be a more stable person. Thanks for making may argument for me.
    no, our taxes are in fact lower when married, sorry.

    That you think an insurer thinks we are more stable together married, does not negate the fact that we are stable regardless of marriage. You have not made your point that a marriage is what makes a person stable.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: 44 to reverse 43's executive orders

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Not testy at all, just curious. I was wondering what the comment meant, or if it was just a joke.


    If it was just a joke, then I apologize for not recognizing it as such.....
    It was a joke, Tuck. That expression is typically used to describe what men do to women, at least in my old-fashioned view of reality.

    'So she finally made an honest man out of ya.'

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •