Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Iranian protesters back Gaza and burn Obama picture

  1. #11
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Iranian protesters back Gaza and burn Obama picture

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I thought Obama was a Muslim and the terrorist organizations supported his bid for Presidency. Wasn't that what we were told by the far-right political war machine?
    No.

    I guess if you could produce some actual evidence then you'd have a point. Otherwise, more of the same from you...typical unsubstantiated and rhetorical nonsense.

  2. #12
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Iranian protesters back Gaza and burn Obama picture

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    That's what I remember hearing.
    No you don't, liar. You neither read nor heard anyone from the Republican Party or other legitimate arms of the right saying anything remotely close to that.

    Maybe you read or heard some idiot folks out there, but idiot folks say all kinds of stuff. Don't attempt to impute or attribute it formal political organizations.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Iranian protesters back Gaza and burn Obama picture

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    No.

    I guess if you could produce some actual evidence then you'd have a point. Otherwise, more of the same from you...typical unsubstantiated and rhetorical nonsense.
    Pfft, this was definitely put out by some of the less intelligent people during the last election cycle.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #14
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Iranian protesters back Gaza and burn Obama picture

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Well give him a chance for crying out loud. Just by being voted into office isn't going to bring rainbows and sunshine right away. Let him prove himself first, then we can judge him all we want.
    But we did see worldwide celebrations, right, clebrating the Americans finally getting it right and electing The One. His election was enough for them, why not violent Muslims?

  5. #15
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Iranian protesters back Gaza and burn Obama picture

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Pfft, this was definitely put out by some of the less intelligent people during the last election cycle.
    So why didn't you say that instead of attributing it to formal parts of the right-wing political machine?

    Try a little honesty next time, ok?

    BTW - why did you edit out of that post the claim that I was stalking you?

  6. #16
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Iranian protesters back Gaza and burn Obama picture

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    So why didn't you say that instead of attributing it to formal parts of the right-wing political machine?

    Try a little honesty next time, ok?
    The war machine encompasses more than just the formal RNC machine. There was a lot of this propaganda being spewed out in an effort to defame Obama. That's also part of the war machine. I particularly called it part of the far-right war machine because I thought the rational people in the right wing were staying away from the argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    BTW - why did you edit out of that post the claim that I was stalking you?
    Because it was reactionary and I didn't like the way it read. I'll try for a better smart ass response next time.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #17
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Iranian protesters back Gaza and burn Obama picture

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The war machine encompasses more than just the formal RNC machine. There was a lot of this propaganda being spewed out in an effort to defame Obama. That's also part of the war machine. I particularly called it part of the far-right war machine because I thought the rational people in the right wing were staying away from the argument.
    I see. So you're appealing to the existence of an informal war machine that is comprised of...anonymous whisperers?

    Can you be any more vacuous?

    Because it was reactionary and I didn't like the way it read. I'll try for a better smart ass response next time.
    Yeah, next time you have such an impulse...let it go.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Iranian protesters back Gaza and burn Obama picture

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    I see. So you're appealing to the existence of an informal war machine that is comprised of...anonymous whisperers?
    Not quite so. Formal things like the RNC must be careful in what they say cause they can get in trouble. But the underlying base can always spread their own version of propaganda (both sides do this, the far-left side with their "hope and change" mantra were equally annoying). I heard quite a few people whom kept saying the ol' "well his middle name is Hussien" or "Obama is a Muslim" and some of the dumber ones claiming that we'd all be Muslim if Obama was elected (or insinuating in some way that the terrorists would win). This wasn't limited to a few individuals, but rather was a chant from a more extreme side of the base. Constantly repeated, trying to be put off as truth, an attempt to defame a candidate on nothing more than prejudice.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Can you be any more vacuous?
    I'm picking up debate style from some of y'all.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Yeah, next time you have such an impulse...let it go.
    One could say the same to you whom had the impulse to launch into nothing more than an insult in your first post against me in this thread. So you first.
    Last edited by Ikari; 01-13-09 at 05:12 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #19
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Iranian protesters back Gaza and burn Obama picture

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    But the underlying base can always spread their own version of propaganda (both sides do this, the far-left side with their "hope and change" mantra were equally annoying).
    Oh, I see. So it wasn't the far right war machine as you alleged. It was some yet-to-be identified "underlying base" that allegedly said the things you attribute to them...

    And then you go on here to create some false equivalence...an attempt to appear fair?

    BTW - the hope and change mantra was not a far left rallying cry. It was Obama's campaign theme.

    I heard quite a few people whom kept saying the ol' "well his middle name is Hussien" or "Obama is a Muslim" and some of the dumber ones claiming that we'd all be Muslim if Obama was elected (or insinuating in some way that the terrorists would win). This was limited to a few individuals, but rather was a chant from a more extreme side of the base. Constantly repeated, trying to be put off as truth, an attempt to defame a candidate on nothing more than prejudice.
    So, what was limited to a "few individuals" is something you just decided to attribute to a whole lot more individuals, eh?

    One could say the same to you whom had the impulse to launch into nothing more than an insult in your first post against me in this thread. So you first.
    I didn't insult you. I properly characterized your comments...they were, in fact, unsubstantiated and rhetorical.

    And you have confirmed that by noting that you attributed to a larger population what was really said by a "few individuals."

    To compund matters now, you've created a false equivalence on the left. And going even further, you attributed Obama entire campaign theme to a few left-wing crachpots.

    Just quit now...let it go.

  10. #20
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,436

    Re: Iranian protesters back Gaza and burn Obama picture

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    No you don't, liar. You neither read nor heard anyone from the Republican Party or other legitimate arms of the right saying anything remotely close to that.

    Maybe you read or heard some idiot folks out there, but idiot folks say all kinds of stuff. Don't attempt to impute or attribute it formal political organizations.
    First of all, learn to read. I responded to Ikari's comment about people on the right, not the Republican Party.

    Second of all, to deny that no one has called Obama a Muslim or has ever implied terrorists favor Democrats is laughable. I see it here on DP daily. Shoot, read any of aquapub's posts to start.

    Now, I never once attributed those comments to a formal political organization so back up that I did or apologize for calling me a liar--pronto.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •