Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 132

Thread: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game

  1. #41
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    Not every life long smoker dies of cancer or heart disease.

    Ever think you'd be in the same rhetorical boat as the heads of Big Tobacco?
    HAHAHHAHAHA

    Are you seriously...SERIOUSLY...trying to equate the number of cancer cases linked to smoking cigerettes in a ratio in regards to the amount of smokers to the amount of people who do violence and blame it on video games to the number of people that play video games.

    Really?

    REALLY!?

    Wow I'm just...

    The idiocy of that notion is beyond fully putting into words.

  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    It shows in your comment above that excuses game related deaths by comparing those relative few (it SHOULD be zero if it was as safe as some gamers would contend) people who died due to Game Craziness with the millions who have died from smoking.
    People kill people in while driving, even though they're considered "safe". We should ban cars for five years.

    People have been killed while hunting, even though its considered "safe". We should ban hunting for five years

    People have been killed in firing range accidents but ranges are supposed to be safe. We should ban firing ranges for vie years

    People have been hurt by guns in the house. And if we've banned hunting ranges and hunting there's no reason not just ban guns by the pr ivate citizenry for five years.

    People have killed people over religion even though its said to be safe to practice religion. We should ban religion for five years.

    People have killed others over shopping which is supposed to be safe. We should ban shopping for five years.

    People have killed others over political differences when political discourse is supposed to be safe. We should ban political discussions for five years.

    People have been killed playing football although football is supposed to be safe in regards to death. We should ban football for five years.

    People have been killed emulating things they've seen on TV or movies even though TV and movies are thought to be safe. We should ban TV and movies for five years.

    People have killed people emulating things from or inspired by books, which are considered safe. We should ban books for five years.

    Your line of thinking is absolutely fascist, which isn't exactly surprising given your posting history. You claim to be a conservative yet repeatedly on this issue you strive to completely destroy the ideas of capitalism and freedom. You use faulty, poor logic that if applied to anything else by another poster you'd be screaming at them. You claim people defending video games to be bias, applying characterisits to them based in nothing but anectodal opinion while ignoring your very OWN biases and characteristics.

    You are nothing more but a hack on this topic, akin to the likes of Hillary Clinton, Joe Lieberman, and Jack Thompson. On this issue you show yourself to be a disgrace to anyone that believes in the constitution, freedom, personal responsability, and capitalism.

    Now excuse me, I just got done playing Madden 09 like I've done for over a decade and so magically I've decided I'm going to go outside and be able to throw the football exactly like Petyon Manning...you know, because games just twist peoples minds to do and think things that make no sense at all. You'll see me in the NFL next year, I'm sure.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game

    How about we start holding people accountable for their actions rather than finding some big bad boogey man to blame for the actions of people?

  4. #44
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game

    **** like this continues to happen... but god forbid you discipline your kids.

    **** that. My boys know damn well if they get out of line the Dad hand comes down. How many of you wanna place wagers on my children getting to this point over anything?

    People need to start beating these puks. It worked before, it'll work again.

    P.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  5. #45
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game

    Quote Originally Posted by Shewter View Post
    **** like this continues to happen... but god forbid you discipline your kids.

    **** that. My boys know damn well if they get out of line the Dad hand comes down. How many of you wanna place wagers on my children getting to this point over anything?

    People need to start beating these puks. It worked before, it'll work again.

    P.S.
    You don't have to beat them. You do have to make consequences for their behavior though.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #46
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    You don't have to beat them. You do have to make consequences for their behavior though.
    Of course. However, you are unable to so much as spank your children around here without people freaking out.

    I am not surprised when I see **** like this because of the absurd notion that spanking your children is considered abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  7. #47
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game

    Quote Originally Posted by Shewter View Post
    Of course. However, you are unable to so much as spank your children around here without people freaking out.

    I am not surprised when I see **** like this because of the absurd notion that spanking your children is considered abuse.
    Spanking my children wouldn't be abuse, but that's because they are imaginary.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #48
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Spanking my children wouldn't be abuse, but that's because they are imaginary.
    Imaginary children need discipline too!

    Just think about all of the imaginary trouble they'd get into?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  9. #49
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game

    Quote Originally Posted by Shewter View Post
    Imaginary children need discipline too!

    Just think about all of the imaginary trouble they'd get into?
    My imaginary kids have impeccable imaginary manners. I'll not have you besmirching their imaginary good name, sir!
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #50
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    My imaginary kids have impeccable imaginary manners. I'll not have you besmirching their imaginary good name, sir!
    I suppose I owe you and your ilk an imaginary apology!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •