Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Bush warns Obama of terror threat

  1. #11
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Bush warns Obama of terror threat

    Look at the history. When the past two Presidents took office, there was an attack on US soil by Al Qaeda within a few months. I would guess that an an attempt is made within a few months of Obama taking office.

    That is a primary concern, IMO.

    If Obama does not heed the warning, we will surely see another devastating catastrophe.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #12
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Bush warns Obama of terror threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Ehhm, exactly how did he NOT ruin the economy?
    Don't you have to, you know, kinda establish first the Bush ruined the economy before demanding that anyone disagreeing with you proves a negative?

    Illogical intellectual dishonesty, much?

  3. #13
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Bush warns Obama of terror threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Close to 300 billion every year in interest rates... INSANE.. But he has ruined the economy in other ways as well. Some even speculate that he is to blame for the economic crisis..
    BBC NEWS | Americas | Did Bush cause the financial crisis?
    Uh, guy...did you read that article? Had you read the article you wuld have noticed that the purpose of the article is to dispel the argument that Bush caused the economic crisis.

    So what were you thinking? That citing an article that cites some people carping that Bush caused the problem reflects serious, reasonable, and sober analysis concluding that Bush, indeed, caused the problem?

    Try again.

  4. #14
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Bush warns Obama of terror threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Look at the history. When the past two Presidents took office, there was an attack on US soil by Al Qaeda within a few months. I would guess that an an attempt is made within a few months of Obama taking office.

    That is a primary concern, IMO.

    If Obama does not heed the warning, we will surely see another devastating catastrophe.
    Think the economy is bad?
    Will it get better or worse if a nuclear device goes off in NYC?

  5. #15
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Bush warns Obama of terror threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Think the economy is bad?
    Will it get better or worse if a nuclear device goes off in NYC?
    Exactly. Or imagine a bioweapons attack that shuts down NY.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #16
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Bush warns Obama of terror threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Exactly. Or imagine a bioweapons attack that shuts down NY.
    A poor economy is not the end of times. Anyone that knows anything about economies know that they go in cycles. There have been 12 recessions since the depression, and there will continute to be recessions for ever and ever.

    Large-scale terrorist attacks using WMDs?
    And entirely different story.

  7. #17
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    02-15-09 @ 04:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    77

    Re: Bush warns Obama of terror threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Ogilvy View Post
    Give us a quantified reason for that debt (sites and sources) and tell us why Obama will not explode that figure with excess Govt. spending?
    I did never say that Obama would not explode the figure
    apologies for teh bad sepeeling

  8. #18
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Bush warns Obama of terror threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Look at the history. When the past two Presidents took office, there was an attack on US soil by Al Qaeda within a few months. I would guess that an an attempt is made within a few months of Obama taking office.

    That is a primary concern, IMO.

    If Obama does not heed the warning, we will surely see another devastating catastrophe.
    Dont you see the catastrophe of letting the economy(and other things) fail in order to focus on terrorism?

    I am close to declare the people behind 911 as the winners, the terrorists have won, they have submitted the US into constant fear and decline of other activities to focus more on terrorism..

    What else have the Bush admin focus on than terrorism and Iraq? REALLY? Please list things from the most important to the least important in a top 10 list of other things they have focused on than terrorism and terrorism related stuff.. Dont even mention the economy and other failed "focused" if you mean they were focused on..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  9. #19
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Bush warns Obama of terror threat

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Uh, guy...did you read that article? Had you read the article you wuld have noticed that the purpose of the article is to dispel the argument that Bush caused the economic crisis.

    So what were you thinking? That citing an article that cites some people carping that Bush caused the problem reflects serious, reasonable, and sober analysis concluding that Bush, indeed, caused the problem?

    Try again.
    If you learn to read my English... Then you would notice that I never said that, and that I said.. " some people even speculate" that Bush was the cause of the economic failure. if none had speculated about that, then that article would not have been made..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  10. #20
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Bush warns Obama of terror threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Dont you see the catastrophe of letting the economy(and other things) fail in order to focus on terrorism?

    I am close to declare the people behind 911 as the winners, the terrorists have won, they have submitted the US into constant fear and decline of other activities to focus more on terrorism..

    What else have the Bush admin focus on than terrorism and Iraq? REALLY? Please list things from the most important to the least important in a top 10 list of other things they have focused on than terrorism and terrorism related stuff.. Dont even mention the economy and other failed "focused" if you mean they were focused on..
    Obama can hopefully try to address both issues. Just because the economy is in trouble doesn't mean that the warning should be ignored. It is possible to have a strong focus on both without sacrificing one for the other.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •