Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: 'UN drafting ceasefire plan that would reinstate PA in Gaza'

  1. #11
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: 'UN drafting ceasefire plan that would reinstate PA in Gaza'

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    We all must realize that the Palestinians can stop the violence any time they want. They can have freedom any time they want.

    Just recognize Israel's right to exist and the rest can be worked out.
    Israel should just settle for the rockets to stop. **** this **** about recognizing Israel! Israel doesn't recognize the Palestinian's right to be left alone without interference. Israel doesn't recognize international law. And after turning Gaza into a virtual prison, Israel doesn't recognize humanity. Because you cannot collectively punish 1.5 million people over the actions of a few.

  2. #12
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: 'UN drafting ceasefire plan that would reinstate PA in Gaza'

    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    Hamas wants the blockade to end.

    Israel should just end it. It has nothing to do with any negotiations. What Israel is doing is a war crime. There is nothing Hamas has done that gives Israel the right to starve Gazan children.
    Except smuggling in weapons that are to be used against Israel.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  3. #13
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: 'UN drafting ceasefire plan that would reinstate PA in Gaza'

    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    Israel should just settle for the rockets to stop. **** this **** about recognizing Israel! Israel doesn't recognize the Palestinian's right to be left alone without interference. Israel doesn't recognize international law. And after turning Gaza into a virtual prison, Israel doesn't recognize humanity. Because you cannot collectively punish 1.5 million people over the actions of a few.
    So, we should have just left Germany alone in WWII and not take out the Nazis for fear of collective punishment? That is a stupid argument and only valid in the wet dreams of liberals and leftists who think the world is a nice place. Well sorry, things may be nice in Western Europe and North America, but things aren't so nice and clean in most of the rest of the world. There is conflict - there is war - there is injustice. Governments must protect themselves, the sovereignty of the state they government, and their citizens that they are responsible for, and if that requires war, than so be it.

    The Palestinians were offerred peace and a state a decade ago. Arafat REFUSED the offer. Israel lifted the blockade. What did the illegitimate Hamas government do? Smuggled in weapons for use against Israel. While I feel for the people of Gaza, I really do, the government of Israel has the right and responsibility to protect their citizens and their sovereignty.

    Hamas has repeatedly stated that they would not allow international troops to enforce any cease fire agreement whilst Israel said that they will be welcomed. That, more than anything else, should tell you who truly wants peace in the region.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  4. #14
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: 'UN drafting ceasefire plan that would reinstate PA in Gaza'

    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    Israel should just settle for the rockets to stop. **** this **** about recognizing Israel! Israel doesn't recognize the Palestinian's right to be left alone without interference. Israel doesn't recognize international law. And after turning Gaza into a virtual prison, Israel doesn't recognize humanity. Because you cannot collectively punish 1.5 million people over the actions of a few.
    You are beyond reason.

    OBL 11/24/02

  5. #15
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: 'UN drafting ceasefire plan that would reinstate PA in Gaza'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Except smuggling in weapons that are to be used against Israel.
    That gives them the right to punish 1.5 million people? The majority of which have committed no crimes and have done nothing to Israel. So "smugling weapons" makes it okay to punish innocent people. Is that what you are saying?

  6. #16
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: 'UN drafting ceasefire plan that would reinstate PA in Gaza'

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    You are beyond reason.
    I think I'm right on the money.

    How can you say Israel has the right to punish innocent men, women and children?

    And how can you say they are not starving Gazan children when non-political, relief organizations around the world, say this blockade has created a humanitarian crisis.

    So why is it beyond reason for me to state that what Israel is doing is collective punishment, and that is a war crime?

  7. #17
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: 'UN drafting ceasefire plan that would reinstate PA in Gaza'

    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    That gives them the right to punish 1.5 million people? The majority of which have committed no crimes and have done nothing to Israel. So "smugling weapons" makes it okay to punish innocent people. Is that what you are saying?
    The Article 51 right and the right inherent in sovereignty to self-defense.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #18
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: 'UN drafting ceasefire plan that would reinstate PA in Gaza'

    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    I think I'm right on the money.

    How can you say Israel has the right to punish innocent men, women and children?

    And how can you say they are not starving Gazan children when non-political, relief organizations around the world, say this blockade has created a humanitarian crisis.

    So why is it beyond reason for me to state that what Israel is doing is collective punishment, and that is a war crime?
    Any war situation punishes innocent people. I suppose the western countries should have just ignored German invasions, right? I mean, getting those Nazis required the killing of an awful lot of people.

    Oh, we should have allowed Saddam to keep Kuwait, because driving him out would have caused innocent people to die.

    We should never have sanctioned the invasion of Afghanistan because we may hurt some innocent people on the way.

    ABSURD!!!
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #19
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: 'UN drafting ceasefire plan that would reinstate PA in Gaza'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    So, we should have just left Germany alone in WWII and not take out the Nazis for fear of collective punishment? That is a stupid argument and only valid in the wet dreams of liberals and leftists who think the world is a nice place. Well sorry, things may be nice in Western Europe and North America, but things aren't so nice and clean in most of the rest of the world. There is conflict - there is war - there is injustice. Governments must protect themselves, the sovereignty of the state they government, and their citizens that they are responsible for, and if that requires war, than so be it.

    The Palestinians were offerred peace and a state a decade ago. Arafat REFUSED the offer. Israel lifted the blockade. What did the illegitimate Hamas government do? Smuggled in weapons for use against Israel. While I feel for the people of Gaza, I really do, the government of Israel has the right and responsibility to protect their citizens and their sovereignty.

    Hamas has repeatedly stated that they would not allow international troops to enforce any cease fire agreement whilst Israel said that they will be welcomed. That, more than anything else, should tell you who truly wants peace in the region.
    How is starving children protecting Israeli sovereignty? It's not like these rockets are ICBM's or even Scud's. They're home made bombs that have killed 15 people in 8 years. That's hardly a threat to Israeli sovereignty.

    And they did not lift the blockade! You can't say the blockade was lifted when you allow 90 trucks instead of 70, when they need 700!

  10. #20
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: 'UN drafting ceasefire plan that would reinstate PA in Gaza'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Any war situation punishes innocent people. I suppose the western countries should have just ignored German invasions, right? I mean, getting those Nazis required the killing of an awful lot of people.

    Oh, we should have allowed Saddam to keep Kuwait, because driving him out would have caused innocent people to die.

    We should never have sanctioned the invasion of Afghanistan because we may hurt some innocent people on the way.

    ABSURD!!!
    But we're gonna ignore Israel's invasion and their nazi-esque brutality in Gaza. That invasion, were okay with. You should listen to what your saying. You cannot collectively punish the civilian population in an area of conflict. That is a war crime. This is not a debatable issue.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •