Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 266

Thread: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

  1. #161
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,899

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    I think it is definitely a war crime. I don't think it justifies blowing up the school and exacerbating the war crime by commiting one of your own.
    If you are referring to the UNRW school that was bombed, it has already been shown that it was a lie which Israel has already retracted.

    Link

  2. #162
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    So stop defending themselves.
    A ground attack is not defending one's self? How so?




    Right, so stop defending themselves.
    refer to previous statement


    So ignore the efforts of Israel in attempting to mitigate civilian casualties.
    What am I ignoring? Is a smart bomb on a shool preventing civilian casualties?


    Hardly. I was simply noting that what you're stating should have been self-evident. That you felt compelled to declare as much suggests that their use of human shields was unknown to you before today. otherwise, there'd be no need to say it all.
    That's logic. Accuse someone of being a terrorist apologist and then if they actually have the GALL to denounce actions of the terrorists, attack them for doing that.

    What would satisfy you?

    Shall I purchase a Yamulke?

    Blow a rabbi?

    Maybe kill a terrorist with a rubber band and a string of twine?

    Take a **** the Quran and set fire to a puppy?

    What?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #163
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    But I do, in fact, hold Israel to a higher standard precicely because they are our ally.
    There's a human standard, or there isn't.

    The idea that some people are "allowed" to act in barbaric ways that "we" aren't is stupid and suicidal, not to mention laced with bigotry to boot.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #164
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    If you are referring to the UNRW school that was bombed, it has already been shown that it was a lie which Israel has already retracted
    A bald-faced lie.
    The mortars were outside, not inside the school.

  5. #165
    Banned Iriemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-19-15 @ 10:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,405

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post

    The mortar fire came from outside the school rather than inside.

    Either way, the TARGET if the Israeli fire was the Hamas mortars.

    Hamas put the mortars outside the school so that people like you would have yet another thin excuse to equivocate Israeli actions with those of Hamas.
    If the mortars were not in the school, how was shooting at the school targeting the mortars?

    The UN said last night that the Israeli military had privately admitted that the shelling of a UN school in Jabaliya which killed more than 40 Palestinians on Tuesday was in response to militant fire from outside, not inside, the UN compound.

    After the attack, the Israeli military said an initial inquiry had shown that several mortar shells had been fired at Israeli forces "from within the Jabaliya school" and that Israeli forces had returned fire.

    However, a UN spokesman yesterday said the military had admitted that this account was no longer accurate. "In private briefings with diplomats the Israeli army has admitted that the militant fire from Jabaliya did not come from within a UN compound but outside and therefore allegations that this fire came from inside our compound are completely baseless," said Chris Gunness, spokesman for UNWRA.

    Last night, the Israel Defence Force, stood by its initial account."The source of the fire was from within the school compound and that we returned fire and we have intelligence information that we hit the actual mortar firing squad that was firing at us," said Captain Benjamin Rutland, an Israeli military spokesman.

    Earlier yesterday, John Ging, director of operations in Gaza for UNRWA, visited the school himself."I am very confident now that there was no militant activity inside the school nor militants in the school. If anybody has evidence to the contrary, then let's bring it forward."

  6. #166
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You're just laying insult because my opinion is different and in this instance you're controlled by emotion.
    Yeah, I am quite frustrated by your absurd comments.

    What I said is the rational solution to never ending war.
    Huh? Arguing that each side should just stop is rational only to some arrogant boob who thinks that national interest or religious interest are just outdated and unimportant.

    These people have been fighting for decades, it's not like this just broke out the other day. Your arguments would have more weight if it had.
    Oh, nonsense.

    My comments are directed at your argument.

    But this is a cycle now, it doesn't matter who started it initially; what matters is breaking the cycle.
    And only an arrogant liberal fool would argue that all is needed is for us to talk to the terrorists so they don't feel ignored and to encourage both sides to just drop their grievances or their national interest in self-preservation.

    With such entrenched fear and hate the only thing which could bring about this change is for both sides to acknowledge their wrong doings and for both sides to commit to leaving those wrong doings in the past.
    Are you serious?

    This totaly disregards the FACT that the Arabs and Muslims don't want to co-exist.

    What do you not get about this?

    You merely want to call this "arrogance" because you emotion is blinding you, your blind faith to Israel is blinding you.
    No, it's arrogant to think that this war is simply being fought over outdated or irrelevant interests.

    Israel itself can no longer be given a free ticket.
    Who the hell is giving them a free ticket? Israel is universally condemned in this war while Hamas is permitted to freely attack without condemnation from the EU, UN, the western intelligentsia, the western media, etc.

    Both sides must be held accountable for their actions. Is this liberal arrogance? Holding people accountable? Maybe now it is.
    No, that comment does not reflect liberal arrogance. I clearly told you what I thought was representaitve of liberal arrogance.

    Insult and emotionalized rhetoric won't prove your point.
    My point is proved otherwise.

    Israel feels that it's ok to take out 100's of Palestinians per Israeli. What's the point? Both are committing bad acts against each other and both think they're in the right for doing so.
    Bad acts? Can you be any more childish?

    Israel feels it's her sovereign right to defend herself. That she is more successful at defending herself shouldn't be a point of discussion or condemnation.

    In the end, it's always about property, money, or power. Your emotions prevent you from rationally analyzing this.
    Oh my goodness. So this war has nothing to do with the Arab and Muslim anti-semitism and a nation defending herself from such?

    It's just about ~insert someone~ pursuit of money, property, or power?



    I don't hate Israel, I just think that their problems are their problems and they should solve them themselves.
    Yeah, their problem is that Arabs and Muslims want to annihilate her. And Israel is attempting to solve that problem...no thanks to people like you that condemn her for defending herself.

    People are arguing that we must protect Israel because it's a democracy. We're not here to spread democracy or protect all democracy. People need to fight for their own government and their own freedom. It's not our job to do it for them.
    What you think we are here for and what our elected leaders think we are here for are certainly two different things. I happen to believe in American exceptionalism while people like you simply prefer to believe that the US is just a greedy imperialistic and paternalistic autocracy.

    You saying Israel can't win? Again, our govenrment is not empowered to spread democracy, it's not empowered to fight other people's battles.
    Defending Israel ain't neither one.

    No, as I said, I'd still argue that it's their business to defend themselves and they should be left to it. Try reading.
    They are defending themselves even as you constantly criticize and condemn them for doing so.

    Your arguments would have israel not defend themselves because nothing they can do will satisfy your standards.

  7. #167
    Banned Iriemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-19-15 @ 10:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,405

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Your ignorance has no bounds.

    Israel is using smart weapons. Israel is warning residents to evacuate neighborhoods before they attack.
    So Israel used smart bombs to attack a school when mortar fire came from outside the school.

    That makes it sound like it was no accident to deliberately target a school.

    Cite that Israel warned the school to evacuate before shooting at it with smart bombs?

  8. #168
    Banned Iriemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-19-15 @ 10:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,405

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Are you ever going to admit (even just to yourself) that the Israelis were firing at the mortars, not the school?
    Why were they targeting the school with smart bombs if the mortar fire was from outside the school compound?

  9. #169
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    There's a human standard, or there isn't.

    The idea that some people are "allowed" to act in barbaric ways that "we" aren't is stupid and suicidal, not to mention laced with bigotry to boot.
    Who is saying "allowed"? Where did I say that?

    I'm saying I hold my friends to a higher standard than I do my enemies. I EXPECT those I consider enemies to do attrocious things, hence they are the ENEMY. I in turn expect my FRIENDS to not sink to the level of the ENEMY.

    What is difficult to understand about this?

    I'm not saying Israel has no right to defend itself, I'm saying that we should hold them to a higher standard than that which we condemn our enemies for.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #170
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    A ground attack is not defending one's self? How so?
    Oh? So you're a-okay with a ground invasion? Color me overwhelmed with surprise.

    What am I ignoring? Is a smart bomb on a shool preventing civilian casualties?
    Yeah, It could be a dummy rocket that the Arabs and Muslims fire into israel. It could be untargetted artillery fire. It could be dummy bombs just pickeled off aircraft with no concern for their targets.

    That's logic. Accuse someone of being a terrorist apologist and then if they actually have the GALL to denounce actions of the terrorists, attack them for doing that.
    Because nothing you had stated previously suggested that you believed Hamas was guilty of anything.

    What would satisfy you?
    Measured judgment on your part.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •