Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 266

Thread: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

  1. #151
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I find it equally pathetic you cannot condemn the deaths of civilians yet expect us to bequeath that to Israelis. Yeah right.

    They are very welcome
    Israel does not warrant the condemnation. Hamas does deserve condemnation for deliberately putting civilians at risk.

    At worst, Israel should be expected to announce its regret. That's it.

    Why don't you people condemn Hamas for deliberately putting civilians at risk?

  2. #152
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Your ignorance has no bounds.

    Israel is using smart weapons. Israel is warning residents to evacuate neighborhoods before they attack.

    What the hell would satisfy you?
    Not blowing up a school and using a ground attack on the cowards shooting mortars from the school, for example. Risk the lives of their soldiers instead of callously disgarding the lives of civilians when you KNOW your enemy is using innocents as human shields.

    Smart Bombs are not smart enough to tell the difference between a civilian and a militant. A person is.



    You think so?

    I mean, isn't this already self-evident?
    So it isn't enough to denounce the people doing so, I must absolve Israel of all wrongdoing at the same time?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #153
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Does no one get that storing/using weapons in a place like a school is a war crime?

    Or do "war crimes" only matter when they can be used as a bludgeon against Americans and their allies?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #154
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Does no one get that storing/using weapons in a place like a school is a war crime?

    Or do "war crimes" only matter when they can be used as a bludgeon against Americans and their allies?
    I think it is definitely a war crime. I don't think it justifies blowing up the school and exacerbating the war crime by commiting one of your own.

    But I do, in fact, hold Israel to a higher standard precicely because they are our ally.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #155
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Not blowing up a school and using a ground attack on the cowards shooting mortars from the school, for example.
    So stop defending themselves.


    Risk the lives of their soldiers instead of callously disgarding the lives of civilians when you KNOW your enemy is using innocents as human shields.
    Right, so stop defending themselves.

    Smart Bombs are not smart enough to tell the difference between a civilian and a militant. A person is.
    So ignore the efforts of Israel in attempting to mitigate civilian casualties.

    So it isn't enough to denounce the people doing so, I must absolve Israel of all wrongdoing at the same time?
    Hardly. I was simply noting that what you're stating should have been self-evident. That you felt compelled to declare as much suggests that their use of human shields was unknown to you before today. otherwise, there'd be no need to say it all.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Yeah, easy for some arrogant liberal to declare when you have nothing at stake.
    You're just laying insult because my opinion is different and in this instance you're controlled by emotion. What I said is the rational solution to never ending war. These people have been fighting for decades, it's not like this just broke out the other day. Your arguments would have more weight if it had. But this is a cycle now, it doesn't matter who started it initially; what matters is breaking the cycle. With such entrenched fear and hate the only thing which could bring about this change is for both sides to acknowledge their wrong doings and for both sides to commit to leaving those wrong doings in the past. You merely want to call this "arrogance" because you emotion is blinding you, your blind faith to Israel is blinding you.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    The Arabs and Muslims believe they are winning as Israel continues conceding land that immediately becomes new launching points for terror attacks. They believe that they are winning because western civilization condemns Israel for defending herself.
    Israel itself can no longer be given a free ticket. Both sides must be held accountable for their actions. Is this liberal arrogance? Holding people accountable? Maybe now it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Again, stinking rotten liberal arrogance.
    Insult and emotionalized rhetoric won't prove your point.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    The Muslims don't believe that they are doing wrong. Remember, it's us that consider them as resistance fighters and militants and thereby legitimze their actions.
    Israel feels that it's ok to take out 100's of Palestinians per Israeli. What's the point? Both are committing bad acts against each other and both think they're in the right for doing so.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Your liberal arrogance blinds you to the fact that this is a never-ending war because one side doesn't want the other exist and they're not just fighting over lines in the sand.
    In the end, it's always about property, money, or power. Your emotions prevent you from rationally analyzing this.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Why what? We're not defining it. Israel is a democracy no matter how much you hate them.
    I don't hate Israel, I just think that their problems are their problems and they should solve them themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    And, no, it's not our job to defend everyone. No one is arguing that we should be.
    People are arguing that we must protect Israel because it's a democracy. We're not here to spread democracy or protect all democracy. People need to fight for their own government and their own freedom. It's not our job to do it for them.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    So we should let this democracy be wiped out, eh?
    You saying Israel can't win? Again, our govenrment is not empowered to spread democracy, it's not empowered to fight other people's battles.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Oh, so a democracy is onyl worth defending it that democracy can satisfy some set of conditions which are hardly identifiable or important.

    Fail!
    No, as I said, I'd still argue that it's their business to defend themselves and they should be left to it. Try reading.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #157
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I think it is definitely a war crime. I don't think it justifies blowing up the school and exacerbating the war crime by commiting one of your own.
    It isn't a war crime to take out a military target. It's a war crime make a school INTO a military target.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #158
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I think it is definitely a war crime. I don't think it justifies blowing up the school and exacerbating the war crime by commiting one of your own.

    But I do, in fact, hold Israel to a higher standard precicely because they are our ally.
    Why do you insist in arguing, explicitly or implicitly, that the Israeli's intentionally blow up schools?

    A higher standard?

    Your higher standard would leave Israel defenseless and totally unwilling to defend herself.

    Pathetic.

  9. #159
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    It isn't a war crime to take out a military target. It's a war crime make a school INTO a military target.
    Do you really thnk that posters like Laila and Tucker will ever accept this type of reasoning?

  10. #160
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I think it is definitely a war crime. I don't think it justifies blowing up the school and exacerbating the war crime by commiting one of your own.
    The weapons/combatants in the school turn the school into a legitimate target.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •