Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 266

Thread: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

  1. #121
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I said both sides should drop it.
    Yeah, easy for some arrogant liberal to declare when you have nothing at stake.

    It's obvious to anyone willing to look at history that they haven't gotten anywhere and all they've accomplished is killing off each others civilians.
    The Arabs and Muslims believe they are winning as Israel continues conceding land that immediately becomes new launching points for terror attacks. They believe that they are winning because western civilization condemns Israel for defending herself.

    **** happened in the past, they need to acknowledge that but they also need to drop it.
    Again, stinking rotten liberal arrogance.

    Understand that both sides did wrong, but continuing to do wrong isn't going anywhere.
    The Muslims don't believe that they are doing wrong. Remember, it's us that consider them as resistance fighters and militants and thereby legitimze their actions.

    It's not liberal arrogance, it's the best solution for a never ending war.
    Your liberal arrogance blinds you to the fact that this is a never-ending war because one side doesn't want the other exist and they're not just fighting over lines in the sand.

    Why are we defining other people's government? Where in the Constitution does it say we're the world's police, or that we're to spread democracy? It's not our job to defend everyone, and Israel gets us nothing.
    Why what? We're not defining it. Israel is a democracy no matter how much you hate them.

    And, no, it's not our job to defend everyone. No one is arguing that we should be.

    It's a democracy sure, but a democracy in a land completely hostile to it.
    So we should let this democracy be wiped out, eh?

    It has no influence over anything else there, it can't spread democracy by itself and it being there as a democracy (though I would say more a theocracy) doesn't do anything to encourage democracy amongst the neighbor states. If we want a democracy to defend, it should at least be one with some sway in the area (though I would still say we shouldn't be defending or fighting for others; our military is for us, or equipment is for us, our money is for us, the government wasn't authorized elsewise).
    Oh, so a democracy is onyl worth defending it that democracy can satisfy some set of conditions which are hardly identifiable or important.

    Fail!

  2. #122
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 02:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    The Arabs and Muslims believe they are winning as Israel continues conceding land that immediately becomes new launching points for terror attacks. They believe that they are winning because western civilization condemns Israel for defending herself.

    The Muslims don't believe that they are doing wrong. Remember, it's us that consider them as resistance fighters and militants and thereby legitimze their actions.
    Wrong.
    Muslims are guilty of doing wrong things and i'd be the first to admit it.
    You however with your blind ignorant loyalty to Israel ignores everything Israel does wrong and blame the other side.

    Wrong again.
    Europe has always condemned Israel and we all know where US lies regarding Israel so nothing new.
    The West will always condemn war and conflict.
    1 million British protested against their own government in war, why should Israel be defended by the west?
    Perhaps act like a civilized country and you might get somewhere.

  3. #123
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    And this means what, exactly? That the terrorists and Iran have opted for a more efficient way of killing Jews.

    Props...I guess.

    Not targeting civilians ... nope, they definetley evacuate ...
    They're not. Your pals are.

    The United Nations has accused Israel of evacuating scores of Palestinians into a house in the suburbs of Gaza City, only to shell the property 24 hours later, killing some 30 people.
    Don't be shocked when I tell you that such accusations are hardly persuasive from an organization that I don't think has even once passed a resolution condemning Arab and Muslim terrorism against Israel.

    That is sick.
    Evacuate civilians just to kill them later on.
    If it happened.

    Blame Hamas for the blood on their hands. Score! That makes sense :/
    Hamas is the side launching attacks from schools and densely populated neighborhoods...that you can't make sense of that simply reveals your sickening support of Arab and Muslim terrorists.

    Children are innocent
    I wish your pals in Syria and Iran agreed.

  4. #124
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post


    In a word, gutless.
    Gutless? How so?



    Mocking your pathetic suggestions for even more talking was very effective.
    No, it wasn't "effective" mocking. It was quite boring. At least calling me a poo-poo head would have had a rudimentary form of humor. Sarcastically typing "genius" is not very effective. It makes you seem like you are incapable of actually making a point and must rely on ad hom instead of intellect. Quite the opposite of "effective", IMO.

    The US has been, fool.
    For trying and failing to isolate Hamas? Agreed.

    Now, all that Obama is doing is rewarding Hamas for their illegitimate behavior.
    Talking to them is a "reward"? How? They've already been given power in the region, what does talking to them do exactly?

    Absurd. As if more and more and more and more talking is going to push Hamas, Hezbollah, and Iran off of their core principle of destroying Israel.
    If talking doesn't work, what's the difference? What is your fundamental grievance with an attempt, just an attempt, at diplomacy?

    No, what is childish is your insinuation that their grievance is that they are being ignored.
    As I said, it was a maybe statement. I do not profess to know the minds of Hamas. I know that not talking to them hasn't done **** except make things worse. So it follows that perhaps doing the opposite of what has failed is the correct approach.


    No, the point I made is a simple one.

    Try again.
    The point you made was that the conflict was "simple" and could be summed up in once sentence. What else is there to "try again" at?



    It would seem so to a terror apologist.
    Overused, unoriginal, and simple-minded ad hom. You don't agree with me, so that means that I MUST be a terror apologist. Again, "poo-poo head" would have been a more intelligent attack on me personally.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #125
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Wrong.
    Muslims are guilty of doing wrong things and i'd be the first to admit it.
    You however with your blind ignorant loyalty to Israel ignores everything Israel does wrong and blame the other side.
    Notice that I am not saying Israel has no role in this. What I do argue is that Israel's actions have far more legitimacy than their enemies.

    You, on the other hand, as well as too many others, attempt to justify terrorism and blame the victims of terrorism for being terrorized.

    Wrong again.
    Europe has always condemned Israel and we all know where US lies regarding Israel so nothing new.
    Hey, who said Euro anti-Semitism died following WWII?

    The West will always condemn war and conflict.
    Some will. Meanwhile, we see the western intelligencia rarely condemning terrorism as they blame the victims.

    1 million British protested against their own government in war, why should Israel be defended by the west?
    Because she is a sovereign nation. Because she has been under seige since her founding. Because the war against her is a war against Judaism.

    Perhaps act like a civilized country and you might get somewhere.
    Coming from someone whose religion only offers poverty, despair and terror.

    No thanks.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 02:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Notice that I am not saying Israel has no role in this. What I do argue is that Israel's actions have far more legitimacy than their enemies.
    Israel's government was democratically elected and have legitimacy.
    Likewise Hamas was democratically elected and has the same legitimacy.

    You, on the other hand, as well as too many others, attempt to justify terrorism and blame the victims of terrorism for being terrorized.
    I haven't blamed terrorism on anyone.

    Hey, who said Euro anti-Semitism died following WWII?
    Seeing it was France and UK that first supported Israel and gave it weapons, i resent that.

    Because she is a sovereign nation. Because she has been under seige since her founding. Because the war against her is a war against Judaism
    Rightt, now we go into religious territory.
    War against Judaism ... right :/

    Coming from someone whose religion only offers poverty, despair and terror.

    No thanks.
    LOL
    Every religion has blood in its History.
    Why people think Islam will somehow be perfect is beyond stupid.
    Muslims have done good things and bad things, that is the cycle of human beings.

  7. #127
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Gutless? How so?
    Your backpedaling equivocation.

    No, it wasn't "effective" mocking. It was quite boring. At least calling me a poo-poo head would have had a rudimentary form of humor. Sarcastically typing "genius" is not very effective. It makes you seem like you are incapable of actually making a point and must rely on ad hom instead of intellect. Quite the opposite of "effective", IMO.
    You're still responding to it.

    For trying and failing to isolate Hamas? Agreed.
    Sorry, but Hamas has been isolated. You don't see the regions government's coming to their aid as they have in the past. In fact, it's nearly clear that the regional governments desire Fatah's return.

    Talking to them is a "reward"? How? They've already been given power in the region, what does talking to them do exactly?
    It rewards them. It legitimizes their behavior. But, of course, to someone like you, there's no difference in standing between the US and, say, a lesser power who would be used as back-channel diplomatic source. Instead, hey, the US is just another nation and speaking directly to the terrorists doesn't at all legitimize Hamas's behavior.

    If talking doesn't work, what's the difference? What is your fundamental grievance with an attempt, just an attempt, at diplomacy?
    I don't have any.

    It's the insanity that must underscore the thinking that more, more, more, more, unending talking will result in any alternative result.

    As I said, it was a maybe statement. I do not profess to know the minds of Hamas. I know that not talking to them hasn't done **** except make things worse. So it follows that perhaps doing the opposite of what has failed is the correct approach.
    But they have been talked to.

    The point you made was that the conflict was "simple" and could be summed up in once sentence. What else is there to "try again" at?
    The clear point was that one side wants to destroy the other. This is explicitly been acknowledged by that one side.

    Overused, unoriginal, and simple-minded ad hom. You don't agree with me, so that means that I MUST be a terror apologist. Again, "poo-poo head" would have been a more intelligent attack on me personally.
    No, your comments regarding the terrorists reveal your apologism, not my mere disagreement with you.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    12-30-17 @ 02:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    They're not. Your pals are.

    Hamas is the side launching attacks from schools and densely populated neighborhoods...that you can't make sense of that simply reveals your sickening support of Arab and Muslim terrorists.

    I wish your pals in Syria and Iran agreed.
    I have no pals that are terrorists, i don't think we'd get along.

    Hamas does do that but Israel in the last week or so has targeted schools, mosques and densely populated neighbours.

  9. #129
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I
    Hamas does do that but Israel in the last week or so has targeted schools, mosques and densely populated neighborhoods....
    Wow. How dishonest of you.

  10. #130
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Obama camp 'prepared to talk to Hamas'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Israel's government was democratically elected and have legitimacy.
    Likewise Hamas was democratically elected and has the same legitimacy.
    Uh, elections don't make democracy.

    I haven't blamed terrorism on anyone.
    No? Then why are you justifying Hamas's behavior by commenting that the Jews settled themselves in a region populated by Arabs? That comment alone inherently means that Israel's decision to settle there is the root cause of the terror she is subjected to.

    Seeing it was France and UK that first supported Israel and gave it weapons, i resent that.
    That doesn't begin to address my comment.

    Rightt, now we go into religious territory.
    War against Judaism ... right :/
    I see, so now you say that the Arabs and Muslims stated purpose is not to annihilate the Jews?

    LOL
    Every religion has blood in its History.
    Why people think Islam will somehow be perfect is beyond stupid.
    Muslims have done good things and bad things, that is the cycle of human beings.
    Doesn't address my point which is what Islam has rendered its adherents to....poverty, despair, and terrorism. It's not like it's been Christianity, capitalism, or democracy that has left Arab states is such dysfunction and as sponsors of holy war...errr...terrorism.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •