Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: New report re-uses old data to target abstinence pledges {EDIT}

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Abstinence Pledges Ineffective....OH wait....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I'm pro-choice and I think it would be better left up to the states to decide. Federal authority = bad.
    Do you think "it would be better left up to the states to decide" whether or not to abolish slavery, as well?
    If not, then I see a fundamental dichotomy in your opinion.

  2. #32
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Abstinence Pledges Ineffective....OH wait....

    Quote Originally Posted by faminedynasty View Post
    Abstinence pledges are a shining monument of the idiocy, and, even more so of the impossibility of Holy Roller Christian Dogma.
    What do you think a "holy roller" is?

    Quote Originally Posted by faminedynasty View Post
    We are such sinful, dirty creatures who need to be ashamed of ourselves. It's not enough that if you are born homosexual your desires are an abomination. If you are born human your desires are an abomination until you go through a magic ceremony. Oh, and the homosexuals aren't allowed to go through the ceremony, so they'll always be an abomination.
    You are making a blanket statement that does not apply to all Christians. It would be similar to saying all Muslims want jihad against the world.

    Homosexuality is indeed an abomination as is gluttony and others. Sin is sin, and in the NT it does not give levels of sin. A homosexual is just as guilty as an adulterer or glutton, of sin.

    The problem is some Christians have forgotten that none of us are righteous and are commanded to love sinners anyway. We are not to ignore the sin but we are also not to persecute because of it. We are supposed to lead by example and not condemn the individual. "He who is without sin throw the first stone."

    So you are talking in generalities. Christian churches exist that do accept homosexuals etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by faminedynasty View Post
    These poor kids born and raised in Chrisitanity. Taught that they are by their very nature dirty and shameful. Thinking that human nature is a sin. Thinking that dogma is morality. It's no wonder the world is in such a sad, sorry state.
    Maybe the Phelps family teaches that, most Christians do not.

    The world is in such a sad state because we are human, and has little to do with religion in general. Religion has been used as a scape goat for our own failings for far to long.

  3. #33
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Abstinence Pledges Ineffective....OH wait....

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Do you think "it would be better left up to the states to decide" whether or not to abolish slavery, as well?
    If not, then I see a fundamental dichotomy in your opinion.
    I am not defending Tucker, but yes it should have been. Slavery was on it's way out anyway. Granted the civil war did speed up thing by years.

    I think the civil war did more to damage states rights than any other single act in our history. The Union was preserved and that was great, but at what cost?

  4. #34
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Abstinence Pledges Ineffective....OH wait....

    Humans like to **** pretty simple.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  5. #35
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Abstinence Pledges Ineffective....OH wait....

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Do you think "it would be better left up to the states to decide" whether or not to abolish slavery, as well?
    If not, then I see a fundamental dichotomy in your opinion.
    Slavery is different because the slaves were bound to remain where they were against their will. If they were allowed to leave, it wouldn't have been a problem.

    Women are allowed to leave the state they reside in, whereas slaves were not.

    That fundamental ability to make a choice is why any dichotomy is a false one.

    Certain aspects of the civil rights movement, where choices were possible, are a different story.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #36
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Abstinence Pledges Ineffective....OH wait....

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Do you think "it would be better left up to the states to decide" whether or not to abolish slavery, as well?
    If not, then I see a fundamental dichotomy in your opinion.
    Slave trade debate was over whether or not black people were considered citizens and not property. Because of the slave trade compromise, the 3/5ths compromise, and a series of supreme court cases(Dred Scott), slaves were considered non-citizens and to be property, therefore it was legal to do whatever the owner wanted to do to them.

    Heck, you could substitute "slave" for "fetus" and get what you have today. "fetus's are considered non-citizens and to be property, therefore, its legal to do whatever the mother wants to do to them".

    Just thought you might want to know, bringing up "slavery" just hurts your argument, if it does anything at all.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Abstinence Pledges Ineffective....OH wait....

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    Slave trade debate was over whether or not black people were considered citizens and not property. Because of the slave trade compromise, the 3/5ths compromise, and a series of supreme court cases(Dred Scott), slaves were considered non-citizens and to be property, therefore it was legal to do whatever the owner wanted to do to them.

    Heck, you could substitute "slave" for "fetus" and get what you have today. "fetus's are considered non-citizens and to be property, therefore, its legal to do whatever the mother wants to do to them".

    Just thought you might want to know, bringing up "slavery" just hurts your argument, if it does anything at all.
    Why? I fully support the emancipation of fetuses.

  8. #38
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Abstinence Pledges Ineffective....OH wait....

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Why? I fully support the emancipation of fetuses.
    3 score and...what...7 years ago....?

  9. #39
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Abstinence Pledges Ineffective....OH wait....

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    3 score and...what...7 years ago....?
    She's 67...?

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Abstinence Pledges Ineffective....OH wait....

    Quote Originally Posted by tryreading View Post
    She's 67...?
    You're only as young as you feel.


Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •