Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 121

Thread: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

  1. #71
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    God! It was just an interview! Katie did good. Palin did good.

    There was absolutely nothing about that interview that should have caused anybody's ire. That should have gotten so much scorn and hatred from anybody!

    You had a self made small town church going woman being interviewed, not some spawn of Satan.

    It really made liberals look like the most out of touch with America whiny bastards.
    Um..are you kidding? Even Palin admitted that the interview didn't go good. What interview were you watching?

  2. #72
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    Out of touch with normal Americans.

    Americans don't feel automatic contempt for self made governors who come up through the ranks quickly and pick fights with their own party and who go to church on Sunday and have great kids. That usually doesn't send off red flares for Americans that this is somebody I should hate.

    Unless you're a liberal, of course. It made them look like complete assholes who don't even belong here in this country.
    WTF does going to church and having kids have to do with anything?

    Since when did that mean anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #73
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    Out of touch with normal Americans.

    Americans don't feel automatic contempt for self made governors who come up through the ranks quickly and pick fights with their own party and who go to church on Sunday and have great kids. That usually doesn't send off red flares for Americans that this is somebody I should hate.

    Unless you're a liberal, of course. It made them look like complete assholes who don't even belong here in this country.
    In your opinion. *yawn*

    Sorry, but this woman was running for the 2nd highest office in our country. I expected more substance and intelligence out of her answers than what she provided. But that's me.

  4. #74
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    First of all, Sir Loin, I thanked danarhea because I thought his post was hilariously written. He makes me laugh, and I thank when I do. So there you have it. Next time, ask me why I thanked him instead of assuming you know the answer.


    I don't mind your thinking my complaints are irrational, as I think your compliments are irrational as well. You're not going to get me to change my mind about what I think of her, and I am not going to get you to change your mind about what you think of her.

    I think my point was spot on regarding you and Mrs. Palin, as the rest of your reply certainly confirms my dear.

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    It's beyond logic? The quotes I will provide below are in this Washington Post article: washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

    Her statement:

    She's making this statement in connection with the rumors that Trigg is not her son. Okay, I can see why this upset her. However, upon what basis did she reach the conclusion on Barack Obama palling around with Bill Ayers? And how Obama launched his campaign for Illinois senator in Bill Ayers's living room? Did she get that from a reputable news source? I don't think so. No reputable news source provided such information. Rather, bloggers provided that information, and she used that information in her speeches at multiple rallies. So for her to complain that others are basing their conclusion that Trigg was not her son on bloggers is laughable, at best.

    Well let’s see, despite the fact that Obama pretended Ayers was just some guy in the neighborhood, Ayers did in fact play host to Obama’s political coming out party. It was in fact at Ayers house and Obama in fact sat on a board with Ayers for several years. So your argument is beyond logic, erroneous and IMO a perfect example of just how irrational some people are willing to be for the sake of politics. In short aps, if Palin is dishonest Obama is full of shite and this should really be an important issue to you; Obama’s bald faced lies about his friendship with Ayers. But strangely, not the case at all is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Katie Couric asked Palin appropriate questions. She was running for Vice President of the United States. It was appropriate for us to find out her world views and upon what facts she based them. Her claim that Couric was asking the question in a way that implied that people from Alaska are out of touch was ridiculous. I would be able to name off the newspapers I read in a matter of seconds if asked. Asking about Supreme Court cases is also appropriate, and yet Palin couldn't name one, even though she had spoken about the Exxon decision months earlier. When asked about examples of McCain showing he was a reformer, she couldn't name one, but there was calling him a reformer, reformer, reformer.
    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post

    For her to blame Katie Couric for making her look foolish is really, really sad. I would have more respect for her if she said, "I was nervous because it's not every day that I get interviewed on national TV." THAT would have made sense to me. Instead, she blamed herself looking rather unintelligent/uninformed on Katie Couric's questions. That, to me, is whining.


    I could care less about rehashing the Couric interview, I brought up a different point with regard to that interview and the so called editing of it as versus this interview. You and MG would do better to address that, rather than trot out all your old arguments about the Couric interview. Besides that, in this interview she is asked about that one and she shares her feeling on it. Which you are trying to spin to fit your take, a take I might add in which you have already demonstrated poor knowledge as it comes to Ayers. Unless you really think the facts of that matter come from a blog. Chuckle. When Tim Russert trotted out many of these same facts about Ayer’s and Obama’s relationship on Meet the Press, I am dead certain he was not using a blog as his source.

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I have yet to see any reputable news source claim that Bristol and Levi are high school dropouts. It's bloggers who are claiming this fact. Clearly, her complaint that, "When did we start accepting as hard news sources bloggers, anonymous bloggers especially?" would indicate that she thinks these sources are bogus. So why she would think that these sources would provide accurate information about her or her family?

    Yet you think Obama did not have his political coming out party in Ayers home/living room and he and Ayers barely knew each other despite all the information available on this matter from reputable news sources. And it was somehow wrong for the transparently obvious lie’s from Obama about his friendship/relationship with Ayers to be used a campaighn fodder. How ridiculous.

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Come on. Does she genuinely believe this? Barack Obama was portrayed horribly by mutiple sources/people during the campaign. Sarah Palin helped paint a very UGLY picture of Barack Obama during the campaign. (“Our opponent … is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect, imperfect enough, that he’s palling around with terrorists who would target their own country. . . . This is not a man who sees America as you see America and as I see America.” Palin says Obama 'palling around' with terrorists - Los Angeles Times). So for her to say that somehow she would have been so LOVED as a candidate had she been on his ticket is so ridiculous, I pity her if she genuinely believes that.
    She certainly never made any comment about being loved. I have no idea what you are asking does she genuinely believe, you’d be the last person I think is well informed in that regard. However, most Americans (by polling) and quite a few “lefty” posters such as Lerxst think the MSH went very soft and showed favoritism in their coverage of Obama versus Palin. I honestly don’t know anyone BUT you and some posters at DP who are still trying to argue otherwise.


    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    This is why I think she is a whiner during this interview. She has not seriously reflected on what happened during the campaign trail. Excuse me, Sarah? You're upset how you were portrayed, but there you are portraying Obama as a terrorist or, at a minimum, a terrorist sympathizer. Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post

    I understand her being upset about the media (not reputable media) making derogatory comments about her family. It would not have been ANY different had one of Obama's daughters gotten pregnant out of wedlock. I can say that with 100% confidence.


    Again, Sir Loin, call me irrational all you want. I stand by my above words and feel confident that such conclusions are rational. Have a nice day.
    I think it both funny and illustrative that you are forced to defend yellow dog journalism and a lack of journalistic integrity, in order to complain some more about Palin and your “feelings” about her. Indeed the irrationality is strong here.
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 01-09-09 at 02:46 PM.

  5. #75
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post



    I think my point was spot on regarding you and Mrs. Palin, as the rest of your reply certainly confirms my dear.


    Well let’s see, despite the fact that Obama pretended Ayers was just some guy in the neighborhood, Ayers did in fact play host to Obama’s political coming out party. It was in fact at Ayers house and Obama in fact sat on a board with Ayers for several years. So your argument is beyond logic, erroneous and IMO a perfect example of just how irrational some people are willing to be for the sake of politics. In short aps, if Palin is dishonest Obama is full of shite and this should really be an important issue to you; Obama’s bald faced lies about his friendship with Ayers. But strangely, not the case at all is it?



    I could care less about rehashing the Couric interview, I brought up a different point with regard to that interview and the so called editing of it as versus this interview. You and MG would do better to address that, rather than trot out all your old arguments about the Couric interview. Besides that, in this interview she is asked about that one and she shares her feeling on it. Which you are trying to spin to fit your take, a take I might add in which you have already demonstrated poor knowledge as it comes to Ayers. Unless you really think the facts of that matter come from a blog. Chuckle. When Tim Russert trotted out many of these same facts about Ayer’s and Obama’s relationship on Meet the Press, I am dead certain he was not using a blog as his source.


    Yet you think Obama did not have his political coming out party in Ayers home/living room and he and Ayers barely knew each other despite all the information available on this matter from reputable news sources. And it was somehow wrong for the transparently obvious lie’s from Obama about his friendship/relationship with Ayers to be used a campaighn fodder. How ridiculous.

    She certainly never made any comment about being loved. I have no idea what you are asking does she genuinely believe, you’d be the last person I think is well informed in that regard. However, most Americans (by polling) and quite a few “lefty” posters such as Lerxst think the MSH went very soft and showed favoritism in their coverage of Obama versus Palin. I honestly don’t know anyone BUT you and some posters at DP who are still trying to argue otherwise.


    I think it both funny and illustrative that you are forced to defend yellow dog journalism and a lack of journalistic integrity, in order to complain some more about Palin and your “feelings” about her. Indeed the irrationality is strong here.
    How did I know that you would still call anything I say about Sarah Palin irrational.

    Bye bye

  6. #76
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    How did I know that you would still call anything I say about Sarah Palin irrational.

    Bye bye
    It is what it is. I did more than call it, I provided examples. For example it is telling that you and MG keep asking about the so called blogs that were supposedly making all these spurious charges against Palin. If you two had taken the time to actually bloody READ you would know that one such non blog source was Palin’s hometown NEWSPAPER. And that other newspapers and wire feeds across the country picked up and ran those salacious reports. And if this stuff WAS not widely reported and the topic of cable news shows and radio, just how do you two propose to have learned about all of this in the first place? You gals in the same blog coffee klatch?

    But yes of course it is time for an aps bye bye, how did I know that was going to happen?
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 01-09-09 at 02:46 PM.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Um..are you kidding? Even Palin admitted that the interview didn't go good. What interview were you watching?
    She wouldn't have been put in such a defensive position about the interview if the wrath of the liberal media didn't come crashing down about this interview. If liberals weren't so ****ing weird and freaked out about Palin it would have just been another interview.

    OMG!!! She doesn't know what newspapers she reads! OMG!!! That's her daughter's baby!!! OMG!!! She's against abortion!!!

    .

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    WTF does going to church and having kids have to do with anything?

    Since when did that mean anything?
    What was meaningful? Why all the hate for a woman that any American would immediately just like, even if there was no way they would ever vote for her?

    You're acting like the reaction to Palin was somehow normal when I say it was completely bizarre. And still is.

  9. #79
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    WTF does going to church and having kids have to do with anything?

    Since when did that mean anything?
    Because those are only conservative values. Liberals spawn demons and worship science. "Science-dammit!"
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  10. #80
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    She wouldn't have been put in such a defensive position about the interview if the wrath of the liberal media didn't come crashing down about this interview. If liberals weren't so ****ing weird and freaked out about Palin it would have just been another interview.
    Like I said, even she flat out admitted that the interview didn't go good. She didn't say that it was based on the perception of liberals. Are you going to continue to live in a state of denial about it?

    OMG!!! She doesn't know what newspapers she reads! OMG!!! That's her daughter's baby!!! OMG!!! She's against abortion!!!
    I think the main issue a lot of people had was the fact that she didn't know what newspaper she reads. How does she not know this? I personally think we should hold all of the people who are campaigning for election to a certain standard. If someone can't name a single newspaper that they read that's a little concerning to me. Obviously you have lower standards.

    Oh and by the way, the only person I see foaming at the mouth and freaking out here is you.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •