Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 121

Thread: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

  1. #51
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Biden was a walking gaff machine, but you sure wouldn't know it from the media.
    Do you have covert sources?

    Do you stalk Biden?

    Without the media, how do you know this?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #52
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    The guy doing this documentary is starting with a premise and working backwards from there. He is fitting things to support his claim instead of letting the evidence lead him to the conclusion.

    If that is the case, then ANYTHING can be "proven" by distortion.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  3. #53
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I wasn't able to watch the interview until last night. I don't know how people can watch it and think she handled it well. I'm sure she's smart; she hasn't gotten to where she is because she is dumb. However, she doesn't exude intelligence IMO when I listen to her speak. I see a whiner in this interview. She blames EVERYONE but herself on why she was portrayed the way she was. WHAT? Yes, it's everyone else's fault that you were not portrayed well, Governor Palin. Gag me.
    I like how she thought that if she was on the Dem ticket everything would have been different.

    I wonder if she would have accused McCain of "palling around with the North Vietnamese."
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #54
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    If that is the case, then ANYTHING can be "proven" by distortion.
    You don't see Michael Moore starving.

    And yes, anything can be "proven" by distortion. I have it on good authority that Obama is from Mars.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #55
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I like how she thought that if she was on the Dem ticket everything would have been different.
    Because Democrats don't attack other Democrats, of course. Please ignore Hillary Clinton's attack on Barack Obama. They don't count.

  6. #56
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    I just found this gem of an interview that Newsweek did with Sarah Palin in August of last year. She has some great advice for Hillary, which based-on her complaints now, are words that she does not follow for herself. Double-standard, or has she really come to the conclusion that the media--fair, or unfairly-- can be harsh? So why the turn-around, Sarah?

    NEWSWEEK: Sarah Palin, you are a Republican and a conservative one at that. It's unlikely that you and Hillary would agree on too many issues. But, yet, as a woman, chief executive—someone who's been through the grinder—when you look at the coverage and you listen to the conversations, what do you see?
    Sarah Palin: Fair or unfair—and I do think that it's a more concentrated criticism that Hillary gets on so many fronts; I think that's unfortunate. But fair or unfair, I think she does herself a disservice to even mention it, really. You have to plow through that and know what you're getting into. I say this with all due respect to Hillary Clinton and to her experience and to her passion for changing the status quo. But when I hear a statement like that coming from a women candidate with any kind of perceived whine about that excess criticism or a sharper microscope put on her, I think, man, that doesn't do us any good. Women in politics, women in general wanting to progress this country, I don't think it bodes well for her, a statement like that. Because, again, fair or not fair it is there. I think it's reality and it's a given, people just accept that she's going to be under a sharper microscope. So be it. Work harder, prove to yourself to an even greater degree that you're capable, that you're going to be the best candidate. That's what she wants us to believe at this point. So it bothers me a little bit to hear her bring that attention to herself on that level.


    Q&A: Sarah Palin on Hillary and Bucking the GOP | Newsweek Politics: Conventions | Newsweek.com
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  7. #57
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I just found this gem of an interview that Newsweek did with Sarah Palin in August of last year. She has some great advice for Hillary, which based-on her complaints now, are words that she does not follow for herself. Double-standard, or has she really come to the conclusion that the media--fair, or unfairly-- can be harsh? So why the turn-around, Sarah?

    NEWSWEEK: Sarah Palin, you are a Republican and a conservative one at that. It's unlikely that you and Hillary would agree on too many issues. But, yet, as a woman, chief executive—someone who's been through the grinder—when you look at the coverage and you listen to the conversations, what do you see?
    Sarah Palin: Fair or unfair—and I do think that it's a more concentrated criticism that Hillary gets on so many fronts; I think that's unfortunate. But fair or unfair, I think she does herself a disservice to even mention it, really. You have to plow through that and know what you're getting into. I say this with all due respect to Hillary Clinton and to her experience and to her passion for changing the status quo. But when I hear a statement like that coming from a women candidate with any kind of perceived whine about that excess criticism or a sharper microscope put on her, I think, man, that doesn't do us any good. Women in politics, women in general wanting to progress this country, I don't think it bodes well for her, a statement like that. Because, again, fair or not fair it is there. I think it's reality and it's a given, people just accept that she's going to be under a sharper microscope. So be it. Work harder, prove to yourself to an even greater degree that you're capable, that you're going to be the best candidate. That's what she wants us to believe at this point. So it bothers me a little bit to hear her bring that attention to herself on that level.


    Q&A: Sarah Palin on Hillary and Bucking the GOP | Newsweek Politics: Conventions | Newsweek.com
    Wow. Just wow!

  8. #58
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post

    Perhaps she would have been criticized either way? So perhaps “they” would not have spent so much time dreaming up a theory by which her son was not hers, but her daughter's because she was trying to cover up her daughter's pregnancy? Except for the fact her baby was hers, her daughter was actually STILL pregnant? Or perhaps your odd defense of this crap is exactly what I meant by the ironic scorn visited on her worst by.......... females. Who should KNOW BETTER.

    As an old salt for actual journalism, this blue shite is exactly that. Yellow dog too.


    Well you gotta actually read the attached article to get that McFly!!!

    Yes you are right, Mrs. Obama was as you say “vilified” at times. Versus the 24/7 and even till now vilification of Palin, as in this thread which is illustration of the same. Doh!

    I don’t believe for a New York second that she was naive about what happened to her. I credit her with the smarts to completely understand the scope and meaning of her words. And I find it ironic that you criticize this interview and the "cuts" in it while ignoring her points about the SAME THING IN THE COURIC interview. Really MG, are you even paying attention here?

    And might I say that having come through that kind of raging hypocritical crucible, she will be around and a serious thorn in the sides of her detractors for a long time to come? When you see someone saying she is washed up and done, dumb as a bag of hammers.......you see a hopeful fool in the act of full on braying. To quote Mel Brooks……………trust me.


    I wrote a whole reply to this and my browser crashed.

    Anyway, I'd like to know from Sarah what did Katie do in particular to be unfair to her?

    If she would have answered the newspaper question as well as she did in this particular interview, then I would have come to a different conclusion. But she didn't come across well with Katie, IMO. Not because of Katie, but because of her answers. I've seen her in other interviews, with other interviewers, that produced the same old indirect generalized answers that I find unappealing.

    So I'd like to know from Sarah-- in a direct manner, rather than "she thinks she's the center of the universe"--why that particular interview was misleading.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I wrote a whole reply to this and my browser crashed.

    Anyway, I'd like to know from Sarah what did Katie do in particular to be unfair to her?

    If she would have answered the newspaper question as well as she did in this particular interview, then I would have come to a different conclusion. But she didn't come across well with Katie, IMO. Not because of Katie, but because of her answers. I've seen her in other interviews, with other interviewers, that produced the same old indirect generalized answers that I find unappealing.

    So I'd like to know from Sarah-- in a direct manner, rather than "she thinks she's the center of the universe"--why that particular interview was misleading.
    God! It was just an interview! Katie did good. Palin did good.

    There was absolutely nothing about that interview that should have caused anybody's ire. That should have gotten so much scorn and hatred from anybody!

    You had a self made small town church going woman being interviewed, not some spawn of Satan.

    It really made liberals look like the most out of touch with America whiny bastards.

  10. #60
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    God! It was just an interview! Katie did good. Palin did good.

    There was absolutely nothing about that interview that should have caused anybody's ire. That should have gotten so much scorn and hatred from anybody!

    You had a self made small town church going woman being interviewed, not some spawn of Satan.

    It really made liberals look like the most out of touch with America whiny bastards.

    LOL Sorry, but the person who looked like she was out of touch with American history was Sarah Palin.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •