Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 121

Thread: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

  1. #31
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    At around 5:00, she is shown the SNL video that makes fun of Levi and Bristol. That is where she makes the "mamma bear" comment, which I tought was a great response. She's then asked if she would have chosen to go on the show, had she known about it before hand. She honestly said she would, because "you have to laugh at yourself also.."

    Huh?

    So how are jokes about her kid "laughing at yourself?"

    She is right and I hardly think her answer is limited to just the jokes about the kids. I mean that seems pretty obvious MG. Clearly with her, she is still damned if she does and damned if she doesn't!

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Also, notice how the rest of the answer was cut out, and they move onto another topic. I wonder what else she said. I guess the interviewer cut it out so we would be left with a different impression.

    And so it goes.
    The rest of the answers and the interview are for a documentary the journalist will be releasing soon. About the election and media coverage of it? You don’t put it all out there when you are trying to drum up interest in your project, that is how “it” goes MG.

    Have fun kicking the can around guys, I've got a tee time in 30 minutes.
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 01-08-09 at 05:01 PM.

  2. #32
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,570

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    I believe Palin has this point correct. The MSM is a class unto itself. If you agree with them, you'll be free from tarnish via them. If you don't agree with them, well, only through both truth and credibility can your statements survive the slaughter.

  3. #33
    Tavern Bartender
    Fly Eagles Fly
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,585
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    She is right and I hardly think her answer is limited to just the jokes about the kids. I mean that seems pretty obvious MG. Clearly with her, she is still damned if she does and damned if she doesn't!


    Perhaps she would have been criticized either way, but being the "momma bear," I would have thought she'd have said, "screw you." This is what I found conflicting about that statement of "well you have to laugh at yourself."

    The rest of the answers and the interview are for a documentary the journalist will be releasing soon. About the election and media coverage of it? You don’t put it all out there when you are trying to drum up interest in your project, that is how “it” goes MG.
    I didn't realize a big doc was in the works. So I can now see why it was cut out.

    Bottom line, misinformation from the MSM is nothing new. Sarah was not the first victim, nor will she be the last. She was naive in believing that she would have been treated fairly, and I chalk that up to inexperience. It's obvious Obama had much more experience with the press, and he smartly said his family was not fair game from the get-go (not that it mattered as Michelle was vilified at times).

    Have fun kicking the can around guys, I've got a tee time in 30 minutes.
    Have fun!
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  4. #34
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Biden was a walking gaff machine, but you sure wouldn't know it from the media.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Biden was a walking gaff machine, but you sure wouldn't know it from the media.
    He's the gift that keeps on giving.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer View Post
    I wonder how Palin was ever let out of Alaska. she is kind of infectious sore on the rest of the world. She should use some antibiotic ointment on her head.
    Wow!!! This is nothing short of...let's just say "pathological".

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Palin: Media goes easy on Kennedy - Yahoo! News



    So let me get this straight. First, the media went hard on you because you were a conservative/republican/christian/average woman. Now that it's been pointed out that ALL women across the political board have it pretty ****ty (Coulter, Pelosi, Hilary all come to mind like a heroin shot), the issue has become one of class? I wonder how 'class' had anything to do with your treatment. Didn't Obama's family come from a lower class then yours did? Didn't Bush's family come from a much higher class then yours did? I think Palin is grabbing really hard at straws. Maybe it's not so much 'class' but family history? The Kennedys have become part of history through tragedy, scandals and the role some of them have played in world events(Cuban Missile Crisis, RFK's murder, JFKs murder, Chappaquiddick etc.) while your family has become part of history because of a failed presidential campaign and teenage pregnancies.

    Oh and I forgot. You give Alaskan's money and can field dress a moose.


    Great flaming buggery ducknuts.
    The whining from this quarter never seems to cease.
    I'm glad she's been relegated to geographic and political obscurity, so that we don't have to listen to it any more, unless we just want to.

  8. #38
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Why not?...
    Lying about Barack Obama's past record, his past relationship with Bill Ayers, not responding when people said, "Kill him" when she was talking about Obama at rallies, belittling Obama's experience as a community leader, and things like that. Why she couldn't talk about her own accomplishments and talk about what she would assist McCain doing during his presidency is beyond me. Nah. She was too busy being a nasty bitch toward her opponents.

  9. #39
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,983

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Two points to make here:

    1) Palin is correct when she says that Kennedy is getting a free ride from the press.

    2) Palin is still as dumb as a bag of hammers, and still sucks as much as she always has.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #40
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Perhaps she would have been criticized either way, but being the "momma bear," I would have thought she'd have said, "screw you." This is what I found conflicting about that statement of "well you have to laugh at yourself."
    Perhaps she would have been criticized either way? So perhaps “they” would not have spent so much time dreaming up a theory by which her son was not hers, but her daughter's because she was trying to cover up her daughter's pregnancy? Except for the fact her baby was hers, her daughter was actually STILL pregnant? Or perhaps your odd defense of this crap is exactly what I meant by the ironic scorn visited on her worst by.......... females. Who should KNOW BETTER.

    As an old salt for actual journalism, this blue shite is exactly that. Yellow dog too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I didn't realize a big doc was in the works. So I can now see why it was cut out.
    Well you gotta actually read the attached article to get that McFly!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Bottom line, misinformation from the MSM is nothing new. Sarah was not the first victim, nor will she be the last. She was naive in believing that she would have been treated fairly, and I chalk that up to inexperience. It's obvious Obama had much more experience with the press, and he smartly said his family was not fair game from the get-go (not that it mattered as Michelle was vilified at times).

    Yes you are right, Mrs. Obama was as you say “vilified” at times. Versus the 24/7 and even till now vilification of Palin, as in this thread which is illustration of the same. Doh!

    I don’t believe for a New York second that she was naive about what happened to her. I credit her with the smarts to completely understand the scope and meaning of her words. And I find it ironic that you criticize this interview and the "cuts" in it while ignoring her points about the SAME THING IN THE COURIC interview. Really MG, are you even paying attention here?

    And might I say that having come through that kind of raging hypocritical crucible, she will be around and a serious thorn in the sides of her detractors for a long time to come? When you see someone saying she is washed up and done, dumb as a bag of hammers.......you see a hopeful fool in the act of full on braying. To quote Mel Brooks……………trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Have fun!

    I did, but I think my added holiday weight threw me off a bit!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •