Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 121

Thread: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

  1. #21
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Me thinks she protests too much. JMO.

    You can say I have Palin Derangement Syndrome. I don't care. I have no respect for her whatsoever. NONE.
    Of course she is not protesting at all, in any form. She is responding to a journalist and his questions and making some solid factual points.

    Oddly (this is purely anecdotal) the majority of persons I have met that act from the Palin Derangement Syndrome school of thought towards her (she is “dangerous” and “evil”) are women. In fact some of the most irrational and illogical ad hom screeds against her at DP have been from women. Which I find ironic.

  2. #22
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Of course she is not protesting at all, in any form. She is responding to a journalist and his questions and making some solid factual points.

    Oddly (this is purely anecdotal) the majority of persons I have met that act from the Palin Derangement Syndrome school of thought towards her (she is “dangerous” and “evil”) are women. In fact some of the most irrational and illogical ad hom screeds against her at DP have been from women. Which I find ironic.
    well palin isn't a feminist so maybe some women are afraid she'll reverse some of the progress made by the women's rights movement, whether intentionally or unwittingly. though you'd expect a feminist to like the idea of a woman VP, maybe it only counts if the woman VP is a feminist too.

    edit: I mean, on the one hand, you have palin telling women it's ok to be a mother of five, and on the other you have obama saying abortion=women's rights.
    Last edited by emdash; 01-08-09 at 04:32 PM.

  3. #23
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    well palin isn't a feminist so maybe some women are afraid she'll reverse some of the progress made by the women's rights movement, whether intentionally or unwittingly. though you'd expect a feminist to like the idea of a woman VP, maybe it only counts if the woman VP is a feminist too.
    Well there is some historical accuracy in saying some factions of the feminist movement do indeed mock “stay at home moms” or “women without careers” and look askance at them. Which is dumb IMO.

  4. #24
    Counselor

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-07-09 @ 05:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,856

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Palin: Media goes easy on Kennedy - Yahoo! News



    So let me get this straight. First, the media went hard on you because you were a conservative/republican/christian/average woman. Now that it's been pointed out that ALL women across the political board have it pretty ****ty (Coulter, Pelosi, Hilary all come to mind like a heroin shot), the issue has become one of class? I wonder how 'class' had anything to do with your treatment. Didn't Obama's family come from a lower class then yours did? Didn't Bush's family come from a much higher class then yours did? I think Palin is grabbing really hard at straws. Maybe it's not so much 'class' but family history? The Kennedys have become part of history through tragedy, scandals and the role some of them have played in world events(Cuban Missile Crisis, RFK's murder, JFKs murder, Chappaquiddick etc.) while your family has become part of history because of a failed presidential campaign and teenage pregnancies.

    Oh and I forgot. You give Alaskan's money and can field dress a moose.
    I wonder how Palin was ever let out of Alaska. she is kind of infectious sore on the rest of the world. She should use some antibiotic ointment on her head.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I don't know, I think the way that some of the Conservatives swooned over her was pretty messed up. I could kind of understand why people swooned over Obama during the election considering that he was the first African American Presidential candidate and was articulate and well-spoken, but I can't for the life of me understand why they swooned over Palin.
    For me it's because she is self-made, coming from nowhere, took on corruption within her own party and triumphed, as well as espouses traditional conservative values. The fact that she can do this while being genuinely feminine makes her attractive to women voters who may otherwise lean towards the Democrat Party.

  6. #26
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,457
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    At around 5:00, she is shown the SNL video that makes fun of Levi and Bristol. That is where she makes the "mamma bear" comment, which I tought was a great response. She's then asked if she would have chosen to go on the show, had she known about it before hand. She honestly said she would, because "you have to laugh at yourself also.."

    Huh?

    So how are jokes about her kid "laughing at yourself?"

    Also, notice how the rest of the answer was cut out, and they move onto another topic. I wonder what else she said. I guess the interviewer cut it out so we would be left with a different impression.

    And so it goes.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  7. #27
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer View Post
    I wonder how Palin was ever let out of Alaska. she is kind of infectious sore on the rest of the world. She should use some antibiotic ointment on her head.
    I was hoping someone would arrive to illustrate just how irrational and maundering some of those who suffer from Palin Derangement Syndrome can be.

  8. #28
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Well there is some historical accuracy in saying some factions of the feminist movement do indeed mock “stay at home moms” or “women without careers” and look askance at them. Which is dumb IMO.
    "thanks" on behalf of my stay-at-home mom

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post

    edit: I mean, on the one hand, you have palin telling women it's ok to be a mother of five, and on the other you have obama saying abortion=women's rights.
    Palin is "authentically" a feminist. Puh-leez. A bitter, dried up, old, eye sore like Jane "Barbarella" Fonda is considered a "feminist" but the real deal Sarah Palin isn't? That should just PROVE to thinking persons the absolute HOGWASH that is what is called "feminist" these days.

  10. #30
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    Palin is "authentically" a feminist. Puh-leez. A bitter, dried up, old, eye sore like Jane "Barbarella" Fonda is considered a "feminist" but the real deal Sarah Palin isn't? That should just PROVE to thinking persons the absolute HOGWASH that is what is called "feminist" these days.
    it has definitely become an insult to many people. palin is a great example of a strong woman, being governor and VP-candidate and all, but she's not always harping on women's rights so none of that matters.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •