Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 121

Thread: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

  1. #111
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,526

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I don't have to "spar" because the clip speaks for itself. The fact that you are in opposition to that notion pretty much proves it's truth.
    Still waiting AGAIN...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/1057878154-post201.html

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I didn't see all of the interview, so I did not see this. Do you have a link?

    Also, what did Couric do that you consider pounding? You think she set her up?
    In my perspective, Couric was simply focusing on liberal hot-button issues instead of trying to show what the candidate knows about issues that are important to her. It was a disservice to the public more than anything else.

    This is Palin's response in a nutshell:
    Palin added, "In those Katie Couric interviews I did feel that there were a lot of things that she was missing in terms of an opportunity to ask what a vice presidential candidate stands for -- what the values are represented in our ticket. I wanted to talk about Barack Obama increasing taxes, which would lead to killing jobs, wanted to talk about his proposal to increase government spending by another trillion dollars. Some of his comments that he has made about the war that I think may, in my world, disqualifies someone from consideration as the next commander in chief. ... I wanted to talk about things like that. So, I guess I have to apologize about being a little annoyed, but that is also an indication of being outside that Washington elite, outside of the media elite, also, and just wanted to talk to Americans without the filter and let them know what we stand for.
    " Political Punch: Do Over! Palin Answers Katie Couric's Questions ... to Fox News' Carl Cameron (She Reads The Economist, She Says)

  3. #113
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I'm not sure I'm getting you, so I just want to clarify your position. Are you saying her sole complaint about the media is how they treated her family?
    Nope, I’m saying the quote you submitted earlier, which you are now using as your signature, does not equate Palin saying that some of the disgusting stories and reports about her and and her baby (that is “not really hers”) and going after her children and family are OK, fair or acceptable. Period.

    So far on this topic you have been woefully uninformed about a great deal you brought up. From the NEWSPAPERS that were carrying these types of stories (that you knew nothing about and hence you claimed it was only blogs) and the reporting saying she is stupid uniformed and uneducated (which is pretty much what most folks like you have been trying to do with the Couric interview) to repeating stories gleamed from internet blogs as hard news. Your shuck jive now is that your highlighted quote means Palin has no right to respond to questions about the same or offer her opinion on that kind of crap. This leaves you defending yellow dog crap journalism as OK since it is aimed at Palin because you don’t like her. As your excuse for this rationale you have tried to suggest that since Palin said the things she did in your highlighted quote, she has somehow given up her right to criticize or comment or respond honestly to questions about that kind of reporting. According to your premise since she made the quote you are parading as your signature, she (unlike all other politcal figures) should just shut up, say nothing and somehow you have equated this to mean she somehow "gave up" her rights to have an opinion on these matters. Which is as absurd as it is dumb.
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 01-13-09 at 10:45 PM.

  4. #114
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Nope, I’m saying the quote you submitted earlier, which you are now using as your signature, does not equate Palin saying that some of the disgusting stories and reports about her and and her baby (that is “not really hers”) and going after her children and family are OK, fair or acceptable. Period.
    I guess you missed the disgusting **** said about Hillary, the woman that Sarah was "advising," to take it as it comes and work hard. Oh, please!

    Let me add that both Bill and Chelsey were not exempt for the media's contempt. ;-)

    I'll say it once again, and I'm not sure it's getting across. Palin is not the first to be picked on by the media, and she will not be the last.

    [FONT=Verdana]So far on this topic you have been woefully uninformed about a great deal you brought up.
    In your opinion. I would tend to disagree. ;-)


    From the NEWSPAPERS that were carrying these types of stories (that you knew nothing about and hence you claimed it was only blogs) and the reporting saying she is stupid uniformed and uneducated (which is pretty much what most folks like you have been trying to do with the Couric interview) to repeating stories gleamed from internet blogs as hard news.

    I have NO idea where that came from!

    I never claimed that I was aware of everything that was published about Sarah. In fact, in THIS thread, I asked, "What MAJOR newspapers published the story that Trig was not her son? I genuinely do not know, and nobody bothered to respond. And, if any did, then they're nothing but rags, IMO.

    As for the other comments in "the media" directed at her--rightly or wrongly--it's a part of public life. It sucks, but that's the way it is. Words get misinterpreted all of the time. Just look at how far off you are with your conclusions about how I feel about this issue. ;-)

    And for the record--one more time!--I don't think she's dumb. In fact, I think she's intelligent. I just don't think this was her time. She doesn't have the experience and knowledge needed for the postion she was nominated for, IMO. That's all. Nothing agaimst Sarah, she just has some work to do.

    And I didn't get this conclusion from one article. I've read a bunch. I've also seen numerous TV interviews--from Katie Couric to Larry King-- and I'm sorry, I was not overly impressed. Nor am I impressed with her complaints now. While I do understand her frustration--especially regarding the treatment of her family--pissing and moaning about it will not do a damn thing but make her look like a whiner.

    The acticle that best explains my sentiments was written by Kathleen Parker. I think she hit the nail on the head.

    Palin Problem by Kathleen Parker on National Review Online
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  5. #115
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I guess you missed the disgusting **** said about Hillary, the woman that Sarah was "advising," to take it as it comes and work hard. Oh, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post

    Let me add that both Bill and Chelsey were not exempt for the media's contempt. ;-)

    I'll say it once again, and I'm not sure it's getting across. Palin is not the first to be picked on by the media, and she will not be the last.
    Great, now that has what to do with the price of tea in China, since nobody is arguing that with you. How creative of you to pretend otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I have NO idea where that came from!
    I have no idea how you think ANYONE has given up their right to comment on bad/negative/unfair press, regardless of who they are and what their position is. And you clearly can’t explain how your argument that others have received the same treatment as Palin means she or any of them should just shut up and not speak about it when questioned. But there you are doing so all the same.


    And God knows Mrs. Clinton never spoke in the same way as Palin has about just the same kind of matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I never claimed that I was aware of everything that was published about Sarah. In fact, in THIS thread, I asked, "What MAJOR newspapers published the story that Trig was not her son? I genuinely do not know, and nobody bothered to respond. And, if any did, then they're nothing but rags, IMO.

    Except all the spots in this thread where you claim you did your homework here. Which you also seem to think means that Palin (unlike everyone else you have named) should not be able to comment on this type of “reporting” as it makes her a hypocrite somehow, according to the “signature” you trotted out shortly after having this argument in this thread. Chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    As for the other comments in "the media" directed at her--rightly or wrongly--it's a part of public life. It sucks, but that's the way it is. Words get misinterpreted all of the time. Just look at how far off you are with your conclusions about how I feel about this issue. ;-)
    Yeah it is just that I am misunderstanding you. That’s the ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    And for the record--one more time!--I don't think she's dumb. In fact, I think she's intelligent. I just don't think this was her time. She doesn't have the experience and knowledge needed for the postion she was nominated for, IMO. That's all. Nothing agaimst Sarah, she just has some work to do.

    And I didn't get this conclusion from one article. I've read a bunch. I've also seen numerous TV interviews--from Katie Couric to Larry King-- and I'm sorry, I was not overly impressed. Nor am I impressed with her complaints now. While I do understand her frustration--especially regarding the treatment of her family--pissing and moaning about it will not do a damn thing but make her look like a whiner.

    Not one person is arguing with you here about if she is ready or not. Please follow the typed up English that has been directed at you. It will be easier for you to stay on topic if you do that.

    You see I took you at your word the first time you spoke up about the Couric interview. “It's that interview that did allow me to form an opinion of her. I was floored by it, actually.”

    But sure you did not reach that conclusion from one article or interview. You read a “bunch” and just accidentally said the above. Right.

    So now what? Palin is a hypocrite or deserving of the same kind of crap you point out happened to others, but you enjoy seeing Plain go through, because she is in the public eye and because of the quote you comically are featuring as your signature? Or what exactly is it you are arguing now?
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 01-14-09 at 02:08 PM.

  6. #116
    Phoenecian
    Indy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    03-22-13 @ 04:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    For me it's because she is self-made, coming from nowhere, took on corruption within her own party and triumphed, as well as espouses traditional conservative values. The fact that she can do this while being genuinely feminine makes her attractive to women voters who may otherwise lean towards the Democrat Party.
    Were you paying attention on November 4th? Seriously? Women voters were most definitely NOT voting for her side. Know why? Here's a hint: There were insulted.

    Insulted? By Sarah? Gee, I guess they don't consider her as accomplished as you. It might be because they have actually looked into her record. There's quite a bit of make believe you listed in her stack of accomplishments.
    Affiant further sayeth not.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Were you paying attention on November 4th? Seriously? Women voters were most definitely NOT voting for her side. Know why? Here's a hint: There were insulted.

    Insulted? By Sarah? Gee, I guess they don't consider her as accomplished as you. It might be because they have actually looked into her record. There's quite a bit of make believe you listed in her stack of accomplishments.
    Not the women that I know. They were insulted with the prospect of a Hillary Clinton presidency, who got there simply because she married Bill and put up with him all those years. *shrug*

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    It's rather humorous watching a bunch on anoymous internet posters ragging on a woman who is far more accomplished than any of them are or will ever be.

    Sure, it's easy to criticize a woman who went from being AK Guv to VP selection for not speaking with specificity and from expertise. And it's easy to point and laugh at her gaffes.

    But that's how most of these people work. They read their favorite writers to find out what they think and then, thinking they know preisely how to talk about an issue, pounce on politicial figures they disagree with or just want to make fun of.

    I see no problem with much of the criticism aimed at Palin as many times her responses demonstrated that she was unprepared to speak about those issues. However, the personal hatred being directed at her is unbelievable. The nonsense that she was just a bimbo who had no business being slected as VP is just that, nonsense.

    Especially when compared to the Obama nomination. Well, except if you're an Obama-slappy.
    Being elected the governor of Alaska, the way she did it and in those circumstances is no great achievement. I would say that I have a better resume of accomplishments and achievements than she so you're wrong in your first statement.

    As to the rest of it... come on, we all know why she was picked and it wasn't because of her political acumen or intelligence.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    In my perspective, Couric was simply focusing on liberal hot-button issues instead of trying to show what the candidate knows about issues that are important to her. It was a disservice to the public more than anything else.

    This is Palin's response in a nutshell: " Political Punch: Do Over! Palin Answers Katie Couric's Questions ... to Fox News' Carl Cameron (She Reads The Economist, She Says)
    There ya go, waaaaaah, she didn't ask me the questions I prepared for, she didn't ask me the questions I could answer, she asked questions that made me look stupid...

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    There ya go, waaaaaah, she didn't ask me the questions I prepared for, she didn't ask me the questions I could answer, she asked questions that made me look stupid...
    There you go. 'waaaaaaah', avoiding the issue raised by acting immature.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •