Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 121

Thread: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

  1. #101
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    She's not throwing a tantrum, but she's complaining about something that just a short 5 months ago, advised Hillary (and I paraphrase), "to suck it up, and work hard."
    Sorry MG, your decision to pretend that Palin agreeing being in the public eye does intensify attention and is expected, is not Palin saying oh yeah go after my kids in the press. A point about which Mrs. Clinton is on record as agreeing with Palin on. It does not sopeak well of you that you have chosen to mangle that basic and really simplistic truth to fit your spin-phrasing. Just a basic fact, unless you really want to try to argue otherwise. Go right ahead.
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 01-13-09 at 03:04 PM.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Are you saying Palin was duped by Couric?
    In a way. Couric basically asked her questions about presidential trivia and then pounded on her for not knowing all the answers.

  3. #103
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Sorry MG, your decision to pretend that Palin agreeing being in the public eye does intensify attention and is expected, is not Palin saying oh yeah go after my kids in the press. A point about which Mrs. Clinton is on record as agreeing with Palin on. It does not sopeak well of you that you have chosen to mangle that basic and really simplistic truth to fit your spin-phrasing. Just a basic fact, unless you really want to try to argue otherwise. Go right ahead.
    Palin is solely not complaining about how the press trerated her family. She's complaining about how they've treated her, no?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  4. #104
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    In a way. Couric basically asked her questions about presidential trivia and then pounded on her for not knowing all the answers.
    I didn't see all of the interview, so I did not see this. Do you have a link?

    Also, what did Couric do that you consider pounding? You think she set her up?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #105
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Palin is solely not complaining about how the press trerated her family. She's complaining about how they've treated her, no?
    So you have now gotten your own Mama bear comments and those post in this thread?

    By the way, nor does your Palin quote signal she says that just because you are in the public eye you can be slandered and libeled or lied about. Again another point Mrs. Clinton is on public record as agreeing with.
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 01-13-09 at 04:08 PM.

  6. #106
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    It's rather humorous watching a bunch on anoymous internet posters ragging on a woman who is far more accomplished than any of them are or will ever be.

    Sure, it's easy to criticize a woman who went from being AK Guv to VP selection for not speaking with specificity and from expertise. And it's easy to point and laugh at her gaffes.

    But that's how most of these people work. They read their favorite writers to find out what they think and then, thinking they know preisely how to talk about an issue, pounce on politicial figures they disagree with or just want to make fun of.

    I see no problem with much of the criticism aimed at Palin as many times her responses demonstrated that she was unprepared to speak about those issues. However, the personal hatred being directed at her is unbelievable. The nonsense that she was just a bimbo who had no business being slected as VP is just that, nonsense.

    Especially when compared to the Obama nomination. Well, except if you're an Obama-slappy.

  7. #107
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    In a way. Couric basically asked her questions about presidential trivia and then pounded on her for not knowing all the answers.

    Couric: What newspapers did John Adams read?

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #108
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    So you have now gotten your own Mama bear comments and those post in this thread?

    By the way, nor does your Palin quote signal she says that just because you are in the public eye you can be slandered and libeled or lied about. Again another point Mrs. Clinton is on public record as agreeing with.

    I'm not sure I'm getting you, so I just want to clarify your position. Are you saying her sole complaint about the media is how they treated her family?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #109
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    I see no problem with much of the criticism aimed at Palin as many times her responses demonstrated that she was unprepared to speak about those issues.
    That's exactly how I feel, or "get" her. I never thought--nor think (though I think this interview does not serve her well)--that she is stupid. She is not. I basically think that she was not ready for this on an experience level.

    However, the personal hatred being directed at her is unbelievable. The nonsense that she was just a bimbo who had no business being slected as VP is just that, nonsense.
    I can say the same about Hillary and Obama. They were both "hated" by the right media, and there was a lot of crap thrown at them. When you're a public figure, it happens all of the time, and they should be prepared to handle the bull that comes with it. Not saying it's right. But people will make judgements, unfortunately, that may be far from reality.

    Especially when compared to the Obama nomination. Well, except if you're an Obama-slappy.
    And here you go, making judgements based-on the "information" that you chose to read.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Palin: Media going easier on Kennedy because of class

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Yeah it is an ad hom to note you assume. So you are interested in useful comments? GREAT! You can start being useful by detailing how the interview is "so hypocritical it's sick" and move along to your really important points. Or you can try to press your ad hom tack, you'll find me taped up and ready to spar. Let us hope you are better at this than aps or MG and wise enough not to illustrate the absurdity of your argument by making your signature about it. Despite the contextual inaccuracies therein. By all means, get on with your bad self!
    I don't have to "spar" because the clip speaks for itself. The fact that you are in opposition to that notion pretty much proves it's truth.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •