Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 189

Thread: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

  1. #61
    Educator azura28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    landlocked U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    11-29-11 @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    729

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    YouTube - Bart Police shooting in Oakland KTVU report

    I really want somebody to tell me this cop was acting in self defense when there were 3 policemen on top of the unarmed 'suspect' already.

    It's inexcusable! This is flat-out murder - it shows the the fat-ass slowly getting to his feet and shooting him in the back - and I don't care if he was stupid enough to think it was his tazer? Why would you shoot a subdued man on his stomach with a tazer from a standing position? No way - this moron better go down.

  2. #62
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Like I said, rioting almost always turns into complete chaos and anarchy. It comes with the territory.
    But, it should be noted, there is a recipe for riots and they all happen the same way. The police are aware of this recipe. They may not be able to prevent the rioting but they know the anatomy of riots.

    OBL 11/24/02

  3. #63
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I guarantee you it was an accident. Stupid hurts.... It makes no sense that this cop would purposefully do this.


    Here is another wonderful "glock" example:


    YouTube - DEA Shoots Himself




    Now that you know how Glocks work you can see how this happened,.




    Why would he draw his gun? I can't answer you that. I would not have if that were me, I lose my strong hand while grappling.


    I think he made a tragedy of preventable errors....
    Oh, come on! There's only so many excuses one can make for someone in this type of situation. It seems pretty absurd to me to assume that this was an accident. The guy could have a screw loose, who knows? Cops are people too and are capable of doing wrong. I could see how it happened by accident if there were just cause for him to have his gun drawn, but there was absolutely no reason for it. The guy was down. There are bad cops out there who abuse their authority.

  4. #64
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Quote Originally Posted by azura28 View Post
    It's inexcusable! This is flat-out murder - it shows the the fat-ass slowly getting to his feet and shooting him in the back - and I don't care if he was stupid enough to think it was his tazer? Why would you shoot a subdued man on his stomach with a tazer from a standing position? No way - this moron better go down.



    Where is the "malice aforethought"?


    Cops are trained to use tasers for much less than this these days.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #65
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This is one reason why prefer the 1911, Carried cocked and locked, and the thumb rides the saftey when firing, one must use a positive action to fire it.

    I quite like FN's safety features including a decocker.

    The other unfortunate thing about the glock is that after a while (and without proper maintenance) the trigger gets REALLY lose. So it's easy as hell to just squeeze one off.

    That coupled with the horrible safety design makes for some pretty bad situations.

    Police here USED to carry Barretta 92/94's. /nostalgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  6. #66
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Quote Originally Posted by azura28 View Post
    It's inexcusable! This is flat-out murder - it shows the the fat-ass slowly getting to his feet and shooting him in the back - and I don't care if he was stupid enough to think it was his tazer? Why would you shoot a subdued man on his stomach with a tazer from a standing position? No way - this moron better go down.
    I'm sure he'll "go down." But you are not well informed of the facts. I'll put your question to you.

    Why would you shoot a subdued man?

    Why in front of other officers and hundreds of BART train witnesses with cell phone cameras?

    It makes no sense for him to have done it intentionally.

    But he will pay. His life is ruined.

    OBL 11/24/02

  7. #67
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    I'm sure he'll "go down." But you are not well informed of the facts. I'll put your question to you.

    Why would you shoot a subdued man?

    Why in front of other officers and hundreds of BART train witnesses with cell phone cameras?

    It makes no sense for him to have done it intentionally.

    But he will pay. His life is ruined.
    I have an even better question. Why would he pull his gun on an unarmed man who was subdued?

    Maybe the guy doesn't have all of his ducks in a row. I think that's far more likely than suggesting that it was an accident considering the circumstances.

  8. #68
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Oh, come on! There's only so many excuses one can make for someone in this type of situation. It seems pretty absurd to me to assume that this was an accident. The guy could have a screw loose, who knows? Cops are people too and are capable of doing wrong. I could see how it happened by accident if there were just cause for him to have his gun drawn, but there was absolutely no reason for it. The guy was down. There are bad cops out there who abuse their authority.


    Wait so you think it is much more likely that he was a "nuttball" than this was an accident?

    What evidence do you have to support that?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #69
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,881

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    I have an even better question. Why would he pull his gun on an unarmed man who was subdued?
    There's a ton of reasons a cop would pull a taser on someone they are trying to and/or have already subdued, none of which are really legitimate, but that doesn't really justify that he intentionally shot the guy.

    And besides, who would shoot someone in front of a crowded subway on purpose? That's stupid. Cops that usually do this are smart enough not to do it in front of witnesses (that they can't trust, so other cops are excluded) or involving incriminating evidence. That is why we have only seen a handful of these cases exposed, and why they are so sensational.
    Last edited by Khayembii Communique; 01-08-09 at 02:09 PM.

  10. #70
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    There's a ton of reasons a cop would pull a taser on someone they are trying to and/or have already subdued, none of which are really legitimate, but that doesn't really justify that he intentionally shot the guy.

    And besides, who would shoot someone in front of a crowded subway on purpose? That's stupid.
    Oh come on. He knew it wasn't his taser. The guy was already subdued. There was no reason for a taser. He shot the guy and didn't look at all stunned by what he did, which he would if it were an accident. He holstered his weapon and went about his business.

    And like I said, maybe the guy has mental issues or didn't think about the consequences at the time. If people thought about the full consequences of their actions all of the time there would be very little crime. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •