Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 189

Thread: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

  1. #131
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Yeah I agree that article sucks but I just can't find a better one. The CP doesn't have great relations with the police, one of their reporters got night-sticked at a Mummia thing (another thing I've pretty much completely sided with the police on).

    What I think happened was several officers came in from multiple directions, some behind him. He started waving his gun around and shouting. Then they started shooting. Like I said, I have no problem with the officers maintaining that he was a threat because I think he was. Anyway maybe I'm totally distorting it through memory, so I can't really debate it.

    The question is how often do police really get into protracted gun fights with enemies with equivalent or greater fire power? It's hard to say. But I doubt it's that often.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  2. #132
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I just did a search but I can't find it.

    The incident I'm thinking of I'm actually more or less sided with the cops.

    First off, they shot 84 times but only hit the guy like 20 times if I recall (go PPD) and he was wandering around with a gun in his hand, shirtless and ****ed up on PCP. I'm ok with lighting him up.

    But that thing in New York is completely ****ed up.

    I'll bet 5 thanks to anyone here that the BART cop wont see any jail time.
    To see an example of this in action, here’s a video of a guy being shot 81 times by cops. Although he continually verbally threatened them and therefore, rightly thought dangerous, turns out he had a flip flop in his hand, not a gun. On the other hand, they had bullet proof shields and plenty of time to get all bystanders away. When he raised his hand, they could have waited before firing to see he had nothing. But he wanted to die and knew the cops would shoot first. Warning, very graphic.
    » “Contagious Shooting” — How To Get Shot 50+ Times By Cops Dvorak Uncensored: General interest observations and true web-log.

    OBL 11/24/02

  3. #133
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    Yeah I agree that article sucks but I just can't find a better one. The CP doesn't have great relations with the police, one of their reporters got night-sticked at a Mummia thing (another thing I've pretty much completely sided with the police on).

    What I think happened was several officers came in from multiple directions, some behind him. He started waving his gun around and shouting. Then they started shooting. Like I said, I have no problem with the officers maintaining that he was a threat because I think he was. Anyway maybe I'm totally distorting it through memory, so I can't really debate it.

    The question is how often do police really get into protracted gun fights with enemies with equivalent or greater fire power? It's hard to say. But I doubt it's that often.
    It would REALLY help if you included the victim's NAME on the other shootings.

    OBL 11/24/02

  4. #134
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    It's in the article. His nickname is "Butter".
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  5. #135
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    It's in the article. His nickname is "Butter".
    Sorry, I'm just returning to the thread and trying to catch up too quickly.

    BTW, I thought they only killed Kenny, not Butters.

    (Bad joke.)

    And the guy shot 81 times in Compton was Deandre Brunston.

    OBL 11/24/02

  6. #136
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Deandre?

    Like...Sweet Dee's full name from It's Always Sunny'?

    Someone's actually named Deandre?
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  7. #137
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,000

    Re: Man's Fatal Shooting by San Francisco Subway Police Prompts Probe, Plans for Laws

    Last edited by dirtpoorchris; 01-09-09 at 02:22 PM.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  8. #138
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Protests over BART shooting turn violent

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    Deandre?

    Like...Sweet Dee's full name from It's Always Sunny'?

    Someone's actually named Deandre?
    It's not a common Black name but I have run across a couple of guys named Deandre in my time.

    Deandre Brunston - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    OBL 11/24/02

  9. #139
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Man's Fatal Shooting by San Francisco Subway Police Prompts Probe, Plans for Laws

    Quote Originally Posted by Allusionation View Post
    I have had moderate training with sightless handcuffing and no matter what, I believe it's impossible to confuse a pistol with handcuffs. Now if the pistol was confused with a taser then I could see it being an idiotic mistake. But handcuffs in no way feel like a gun, especially to someone who handles the two regularly.
    I know there is a difference between the two in the way they feel.

    But when you reach back and then you lose focus on what you should be reaching for you may momentarily forget exactly what you are doing and because you so often reach for your weapon in practice and in cleaning, it would not seem out of habit enough to wake you up to what you should be reaching for.

    Have you ever hit the "Return" key on your keyboard by accident or mistakenly clicked "Submit" or "Send" or "Delete"?

    Those keys or buttons look different from others but because your mind wanders to something else for just a moment you do what you ordinarily do in such a circumstance.

    When the prompt on my computer asks me if I'm sure that I want to delete the contents of the trash bin I automatically say yes. Never think about it.

    Well, the danger there is that I may, one day, bypass that safety mechanism and hit "YES" when I really don't want to delete my trash.

    That's what I fear may have happened here.

    He reached back and lost focus and instead of unholstering the cuffs and doing what you do with cuffs he, instead, unholstered his sidearm and did what you do with a pistol.

    You shoot it.

    He shot it.

    All while on mental 'auto-pilot.'

    Tragedy all around.

    OBL 11/24/02

  10. #140
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,000

    Re: Man's Fatal Shooting by San Francisco Subway Police Prompts Probe, Plans for Laws

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    I know there is a difference between the two in the way they feel.

    But when you reach back and then you lose focus on what you should be reaching for you may momentarily forget exactly what you are doing and because you so often reach for your weapon in practice and in cleaning, it would not seem out of habit enough to wake you up to what you should be reaching for.

    Have you ever hit the "Return" key on your keyboard by accident or mistakenly clicked "Submit" or "Send" or "Delete"?

    Those keys or buttons look different from others but because your mind wanders to something else for just a moment you do what you ordinarily do in such a circumstance.

    When the prompt on my computer asks me if I'm sure that I want to delete the contents of the trash bin I automatically say yes. Never think about it.

    Well, the danger there is that I may, one day, bypass that safety mechanism and hit "YES" when I really don't want to delete my trash.

    That's what I fear may have happened here.

    He reached back and lost focus and instead of unholstering the cuffs and doing what you do with cuffs he, instead, unholstered his sidearm and did what you do with a pistol.

    You shoot it.

    He shot it.

    All while on mental 'auto-pilot.'

    Tragedy all around.

    There is a trick for not falling asleep while driving. (If you care about money)

    If you are nodding off then you drive while holding your hand out of your window with your wallet. If you care enough about it you will not forget.

    If you replace my Return key with a trigger that will blow away you better believe I'll never press it unless I mean to. When you have a gun on you, you should never be in auto pilot. Auto-pilot is for repetative jobs or junkies.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •