Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 78

Thread: Mitchell, Paul Continue Efforts to Block Congressional Pay Raise

  1. #41
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Mitchell, Paul Continue Efforts to Block Congressional Pay Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Can we tie it to their approval ratings? Right now we would be getting one hell of a bargain!
    I am sure if that would be the case, they would have a zero percent approval forever.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Mitchell, Paul Continue Efforts to Block Congressional Pay Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    BTW, most anesthesia equipment is now designed and/or built in Finland, Netherlands, Japan, China, and other EU and Asian countries. I don't think you can say the ingenuity of conservatives has anything to do with their existence.
    Do you know the reasons why? Because America has declined to the most litigious give-me-something-for-nothing society in the world as we know it today.

    Most manufacturing in this country has been forced offshore for this simple reason. Want to guess where our aircraft industry is headed? Same place the ladder building industry went; South America.

    If you think our economic problems are Bush policies, I have a bridge in Arizona I would like to sell you.

  3. #43
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Mitchell, Paul Continue Efforts to Block Congressional Pay Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Do you know the reasons why? Because America has declined to the most litigious give-me-something-for-nothing society in the world as we know it today.
    Link?

    Most manufacturing in this country has been forced offshore for this simple reason. Want to guess where our aircraft industry is headed? Same place the ladder building industry went; South America.
    If you think that the reason manufacturing is heading off shore is because of lawsuits, you have no idea what you're talking about.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Mitchell, Paul Continue Efforts to Block Congressional Pay Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Link?

    If you think that the reason manufacturing is heading off shore is because of lawsuits, you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Well, there's a simple way to prove it isn't there? Why don't you show where I am wrong with some facts and statistics, I will be happy to do the same to counter your points?

    While you're at it, also look up at what is the largest cause of the high cost of medical care. (hint: liability insurance)

    I look forward to seeing your research.

  5. #45
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Mitchell, Paul Continue Efforts to Block Congressional Pay Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Well, there's a simple way to prove it isn't there? Why don't you show where I am wrong with some facts and statistics, I will be happy to do the same to counter your points?

    While you're at it, also look up at what is the largest cause of the high cost of medical care. (hint: liability insurance)

    I look forward to seeing your research.
    You're the one making ridiculous claims. Knowing your "methods of debate," I'm not wasting my time unless you provide something first.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Mitchell, Paul Continue Efforts to Block Congressional Pay Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    You're the one making ridiculous claims. Knowing your "methods of debate," I'm not wasting my time unless you provide something first.
    I see, so you think you can claim my comments are ridiculous without any evidence and it is up to me to prove your statements about my comments are wrong.

    If this sounds like Alice in Wonderland where up is down and down is up, you would be correct.

    I will leave you in your denial about what is the biggest drag on the American economy and our manufacturing industries because frankly, you calling my comments ridiculous just because you say so doesn't worry me too much.


  7. #47
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: Mitchell, Paul Continue Efforts to Block Congressional Pay Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I see, so you think you can claim my comments are ridiculous without any evidence and it is up to me to prove your statements about my comments are wrong.

    If this sounds like Alice in Wonderland where up is down and down is up, you would be correct.

    I will leave you in your denial about what is the biggest drag on the American economy and our manufacturing industries because frankly, you calling my comments ridiculous just because you say so doesn't worry me too much.

    Actually, NYC is right. In any debate, you just can't make wild claims without at least providing a single iota of evidence to back that claim up. It's the way we do things in America.

    You have chosen wisely your forum name. You detect truth, right? So, detect some truth today, and show it to the rest of us. Where's the beef?
    Last edited by danarhea; 01-09-09 at 05:58 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #48
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Mitchell, Paul Continue Efforts to Block Congressional Pay Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Further example of the populist tripe that this move is designed to encourage.

    Do you actually think that judges are "worthless lawyers" or that they don't deserve their salaries?

    It's funny, because the people who are bitching about this are the same people who always bitch about how terrible judges are whenever they make bad decisions. Maybe if we actually paid judges what they're worth, we wouldn't have so many bad decisions.

    Anything over 50-60k would be well above the skillset required to do the job.

    Money doesn't make one impartial or honest, so throwing money at the situation isn't going to do much.
    Last edited by ARealConservative; 01-09-09 at 06:15 PM.

  9. #49
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Mitchell, Paul Continue Efforts to Block Congressional Pay Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Anything over 50-60k would be well above the skillset required to do the job.


    Right, let's put Joe the Plumber on the Supreme Court!

    YouTube - Idiocracy - Court Battle

    We're not quite there yet, but it sounds like you want to hurry us along.

    One last question: If the skillset to become a Supreme Court Justice is only worth 50-60k, then how come law firms pay 24 year olds 195k?

    Money doesn't make one impartial or honest, so throwing money at the situation isn't going to do much.
    Yea, but it goes a long way toward actually getting those qualified people to take the jobs.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 01-09-09 at 06:24 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #50
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Mitchell, Paul Continue Efforts to Block Congressional Pay Raise

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post


    Right, let's put Joe the Plumber on the Supreme Court!

    YouTube - Idiocracy - Court Battle

    We're not quite there yet, but it sounds like you want to hurry us along.
    The self importance you have placed on your profession is comical but we clearly disagree on how badly the supreme court and the lower courts have mangled things.

    One last question: If the skillset to become a Supreme Court Justice is only worth 50-60k, then how come law firms pay 24 year olds 195k?
    Crime sometimes does pay, unlike what your daddy might of told you.

    Yea, but it goes a long way toward actually getting those qualified people to take the jobs.
    So how exactly will more money bring a more honest candidate to the table? You increased the incentive of those in it for the money, I don't see the connection.
    Last edited by ARealConservative; 01-09-09 at 06:29 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •