Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 439

Thread: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

  1. #231
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    No it means that you at least qualify intellectually to start and then,
    More of that intellectual elitism garbage, unless someone's life is on the line a degree is nothing more than a credential, you do know that plenty of people who score as borderline genius and genius don't do well on standardized tests right? The only thing college proves is that you test well and got the basic theoreticals of your field, plus the other curriculars that are required of the degree, it is no substitute for practical knowledge.
    that you spent the time and money to improve your general knowledge base,
    Not required in most fields, it simply shows discipline, many bosses out in the field don't have a degree, they worked their way up the ladder and applied field learning rather than theoretical.
    your ability to think and learn and shows a focus on a career path in most cases. It is also a symbol of pride for many people. It certainly doesn't guarantee, integrity or intellectual curiosity, just look at GWBush as an example, but it does show you made an effort in most cases.
    AAAANDDDD here we go, an attack on GWB. Get over yourself, he's gone in less than a week.

    I hope I helped you understand what a degree means to most people...
    All you did was try to justify your stance that a lack of a degree is enough to deny someone credibility, and you failed miserably.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #232
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,407

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    No they called obama an "elitist" because of his big mouth about "bitter Americans" comments...



    Damn Reverend! That post was so spot on, no one replied!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #233
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Aside from the issue people have with Joe, does anyone else think its a good idea to get a better feel for the real people in the conflict?
    I don't see a problem with that, if nothing else there may exist subtle clues as to a faster resolution of a problem, or what needs to be done to insure peace after the conflict.

    I feel like the face of both peoples (Palestinians/Israelis) are dominated by politicians. Though I'm more than a little leery what Pajama TV will produce.
    Politicians bring name and face recognition, so it is safer than showing the masses from a ratings perspective, I too would wonder what a company named Pajama TV would produce as well.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    understandable, I would say our current popularity in op-ed stems from a general dumbing down of entertainment consumers to begin with, coupled with a loss of journalistic integrity overall, hell, I get more balanced information from the opinion guys these days, or at least it feels like it. The last straw, I think was the early to mid 1990's, Jenny Jones, Jerry Springer, Dr. Phil, Ricky Lake and even to a lesser degree Oprah lowered the bar for entertainment, and they were treated with way more credibility than they deserved, so I think they kind of opened the door for the infotainment industry, ala op-ed, to become the larger news providers.
    I must disagree, no one takes those shows as serious journalism. It's the sheeple who, not liking the truth looked for an outlet that would cater to their political bent. In order to satisfy those people you have to spin the truth in their direction ala Faux News and MSNBC, Is that asshat on Headline News still on or did they can him once the election was over? Can't remember his name... for good reason.
    It's entertainment shows masquerading as news (Rush) that brought us the endless days of pundits as journalists.

  5. #235
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,192

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    New Rule:

    Reverend can't call Obama anything that ends in "ist".
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #236
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    It's entertainment shows masquerading as news (Rush) that brought us the endless days of pundits as journalists.
    Speaking of asshats...
    When did anyone ever claim that Limbaugh's program was a "news" program?
    Strawman, anyone?

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Heaven forbid anyone who dares ask the Messiah a question not sanctioned by the priests of liberalism.
    Well, if you're going to ask the messiah a question you better make sure it's not an ignorant lie. I think that's the moral to the story that you are hunting for.

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    No they called obama an "elitist" because of his big mouth about "bitter Americans" comments...
    Was it untrue? Nope... but you only care about truth when it doesn't interfere with your partisanship right?

  9. #239
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    New Rule:
    Reverend can't call Obama anything that ends in "ist".
    The Obama, leading the Obamanistas, as they strive to save the Obamanation.

  10. #240
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I must disagree, no one takes those shows as serious journalism. It's the sheeple who, not liking the truth looked for an outlet that would cater to their political bent. In order to satisfy those people you have to spin the truth in their direction ala Faux News and MSNBC, Is that asshat on Headline News still on or did they can him once the election was over? Can't remember his name... for good reason.
    It's entertainment shows masquerading as news (Rush) that brought us the endless days of pundits as journalists.
    Once the bar is lowered it's hard to bring quality back, and doesn't matter what area of the air waves did it. Fox news actually has scored as the most centrist among media related studies, don't know about the headline news guy, could care less as most journalists have no integrity anymore. Finally, Op-ed is far older than Rush and company, it is simply larger now because of the nature of radio and television because more people can be reached in a greater span of time, also, charisma comes across when people can see and hear the commentators, rather than radio, J.F.K. and F.D.R. were masters of using television and radio time effectively and knew the inherent power of the budding new media options.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •