Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 439

Thread: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    It couldn't be that Joe the not so much a plumber, is a liar and that the "right" aggrandized and exalted this liar and his lie and then got caught being liars. So, like Palin, every time he pops up like a bad case of herpies we get to dump the medication on him.
    Heaven forbid anyone who dares ask the Messiah a question not sanctioned by the priests of liberalism.

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I don't get why they feel the need to discredit Joe "the Plumber"? Doesn;t the need to discredit someone imply that they have a reason to be creditted to begin with?
    The "right" credited him. McCain and Palin made a star out of a liar so why shouldn't we call him a liar every time he's in the media? After all, he's only in the media because of his lies. Like I said, I don't fault him for taking the job, if it doesn't bother him that he gets reminded that he's a dumbass and a liar or that he's laughed at as nothing more than a passing fad that someone is expoiting... Like I said, being a dumbass used to be something shamed, not priased.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Why?

    You kinda slipped right off into the deep end there.

    My point was merely that academic credentialing is nothing more than a credential. And has we have seen recently, academic credentialing has not prevented journalists from becoming daily editorialists in their articles or mitigated their social change activism.



    Hyperbole, much? You'd do well to read more closely.

    No, what it means is that academic credentialing is nothing more than a credential.

    Talk to old school newspaper guys and they'll be up-front with you that j-school ain't all that and, in fact, has become as infected with liberal do-goodism as the cultural studies departments leading to j-school grads who want to solve social problems rather than report the news.
    No it means that you at least qualify intellectually to start and then, that you spent the time and money to improve your general knowledge base, your ability to think and learn and shows a focus on a career path in most cases. It is also a symbol of pride for many people. It certainly doesn't guarantee, integrity or intellectual curiosity, just look at GWBush as an example, but it does show you made an effort in most cases.

    I hope I helped you understand what a degree means to most people...

  4. #224
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    The "right" credited him. McCain and Palin made a star out of a liar....
    By whining and crying at every mention of his name, the only people making Joe a star are those (like you) on the looney left.

    He laughs at you, every day.

  5. #225
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Then say holier than though instead of elitist. I have heard many people on the right talk about those elitist college professors or those elitist businessmen... They called Obama an elitist because he's a ****ing brilliant guy. So don't give me your bull****

    No they called obama an "elitist" because of his big mouth about "bitter Americans" comments...
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    So I call you a partisan and you attack Joe the Plumber using partisan talking points? Thanks for proving my point.
    Oh because I called him joe-the-not-so-much-a-plumber? That's not partisan that's truth.

    Yeah, uh, my hourly job is at a news radio station, so yeah, I am in journalism, I majored in Broadcasting, it had heavy jounalistic elements, many of the people I work with do NOT have a journalism degree. So what was your criteria for judging journalism credentials again?
    LOL, being a DJ or reading the news report on the radio is a far cry from journalism. But if it makes you feel better...

    I never said you were elite, I said you were practicing elitISM, that is a nice way of saying snobbery. Frankly I am sick of people thinking they are better than others because they went to college, or calling blue collar workers stupid because they don't have a four year degree, can you figure out the timing on a Ford Fairlane, or completely rebuild a pipe system for a house, etc. No? then you are no better than those who can, and again, Journalism can be learned in the field, it's not something that requires a degree from Cornell.
    Yes, I could figure out the timing on a ford fairlane or completely rebuild a pipe system for a house, along with a lot of other things that I have no training in. You know why? Because I have the mental capacity and the ability to learn. I didn't know how to build a gardening shed but I got on the internet and read. Then I draw a schematic and went to Lowes. Then I had to figure out how to get electricity down to it so again, I learned that I needed to run 50amp aluminum cable from my main breaker to the breakout box and install a GFI... I never knew how to grow vegetables other than corn and soy (my family are corn and soy farmers in IL.) but I wanted to have fresh veggies so again... I learned.

    Besides it's not snobbery, as I said before, you shouldn't praise stupidity or ignorance. Just because someone didn't go to college doesn't mean they aren't smart but proving and displaying that you are dumb pretty much seals the deal.

    First of all, Joe the Plumber can't be all that stupid if he landed that correspondents job, and, his question was intelligent enough to make Obama stammer, so I don't see where you get off calling him dumb.
    He's what they call a "useful idiot". The company that hired him only did so to take advantage of him. I'll wager that after a short stint as a "war correspondent" he'll wind up back on his couch in Ohio looking for another plumbing job. Or, maybe he'll make enough to buy that plumbing business and find out that he was all wrong about Obama's tax policies.

    So now you use the "different kinds of intelligence" argument since it helps you out. I already know there are different kinds of intelligence since I had to take multiple behavioral science classes in college, it is YOU claiming people are stupid because they don't have book knowledge. And many plumbers, carpenters, and oil men in my area have shown a better working knowledge of this country and business than the average four year MBA graduate.
    I was merely pointing out the fallacy of your statement. The rest of your comment was addressed above.

    [quote[Let's see, Joe asked Obama a question about taxes and got a template answer, who looked smarter?
    No, let's see, joe made up a scenario and presented it as truth in order to erroneously attack the tax policy, that he didn't understand in the first place, of a political candidate he opposed. I wonder how our view of the same scenario could be so radically different? Maybe you're not being truthful with the facts surrounding the event...

  7. #227
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    It couldn't be that Joe the not so much a plumber, is a liar and that the "right" aggrandized and exalted this liar and his lie and then got caught being liars. So, like Palin, every time he pops up like a bad case of herpies we get to dump the medication on him.
    "Joe" was a plumber, he wasn't state licensed yet, that was something he needed to buy the plumbing business from the contractor he was working under, but glad you think putting "so called" on something makes your point, BTW alleged would have been a better term, at least earn your elitist mentality. "Joe" is short for Joseph, which is his middle name, get it? The "exhalted liar" wasn't "aggrandized" so much as we had a gotcha moment from the "so called" messiah's own damn mouth when he answered the very simple question of exessive taxation with a socialist statement, you know, that whole "share the wealth" one, not our fault he put his soon to be presidential foot in his mouth........again. Maybe you should read both sides of the story before you call Joe the plumber a liar.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #228
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Then say holier than though instead of elitist. I have heard many people on the right talk about those elitist college professors or those elitist businessmen... They called Obama an elitist because he's a ****ing brilliant guy. So don't give me your bull****
    What's Obama's I.Q.? What has he said that comes across as brilliant specifically? What brilliant legislation, business model, executive decision has he made? In essence what makes him so brilliant other than you say so. I want something concrete, otherwise you are simply towing the "Obama is brilliant" line, so far I personally have seen nothing to qualify him as brilliant. Oh, and FYI, elitist means having a sense of superiority over people, don't try to change the meaning of it.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #229
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Aside from the issue people have with Joe, does anyone else think its a good idea to get a better feel for the real people in the conflict?

    I feel like the face of both peoples (Palestinians/Israelis) are dominated by politicians. Though I'm more than a little leery what Pajama TV will produce.

  10. #230
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    No, let's see, joe made up a scenario and presented it as truth in order to erroneously attack the tax policy, that he didn't understand in the first place, of a political candidate he opposed. I wonder how our view of the same scenario could be so radically different? Maybe you're not being truthful with the facts surrounding the event...
    Care to read the entire story of Samuel Joseph Wurzlebacher? Or do you want me to completely humiliate you? BTW, plenty of Certified Public Accountants don't completely understand the tax policy because it is overly complicated, I doubt you YOURSELF understand the tax code well enough to judge anyone else's knowledge of it.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •