Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 439

Thread: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

  1. #161
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    BIG MONEY BIG MONEY BIG MONEY!!!!






    Relax, I am just playin with you......
    I knew you were yanking my chain.....and I liked it.

  2. #162
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I knew you were yanking my chain.....and I liked it.
    Nobody wants to yank my chain anymore so I'm forced to do it myself.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #163
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,745

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Nobody wants to yank my chain anymore so I'm forced to do it myself.



    Wait, you have a chain now? I thought it was only a link?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #164
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Wait, you have a chain now? I thought it was only a link?
    Ohhh... the salt burns the wound!
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    How so?
    Its not like the qualifications to be a 'journalist' are all that high...
    And obviously he is helping to raise the bar...

    I just see this as another example of the "right" dumbing down our country. Now you no longer have to go to college for a degree in journalism or english or literature, you just have to be a "popular" (and not, as in, lots of people like you) figure. And like Palin, you don't have to have good diction, or grammar nor even be very smart. I guess we're at a point were, the sheeple are so dumb that they only believe what other dumb people say. So, hire an idiot to talk to the sheeple so they'll buy whatever you are selling. Ya know, kinda like, man, I'm just a regular guy, like ya know, that Obama guy, he's gonna talk to, like those terrorist guys with like ya know, no conditions and stuff, man, that's just uncool man. This is joe dumbass signing off from tele... *what is it agian?* oh, signing off from televiv... did I say that right? is it viv or veev?

  6. #166
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    And obviously he is helping to raise the bar...
    He took a job, it's not his fault it was offered, that's what people are missing here.

    I just see this as another example of the "right" dumbing down our country. Now you no longer have to go to college for a degree in journalism or english or literature, you just have to be a "popular" (and not, as in, lots of people like you) figure.
    Journalists never had that requirement to begin with, college simply makes it easier to hire on with a journalism company.
    And like Palin, you don't have to have good diction, or grammar nor even be very smart.
    This is a very elitist statement, there are plenty of well spoken dumb asses getting on television and even elected, diction and grammer sound lovely, but when they lead to empty rhetoric then they are useless, there also are different kinds of intelligence, saying a person who knows plumbing, or how to fix a car, or even can apply common business sense to something like running a country/region/local government because they don't speak well is the ultimate practice of not knowing the basics of human intelligence.
    I guess we're at a point were, the sheeple are so dumb that they only believe what other dumb people say. So, hire an idiot to talk to the sheeple so they'll buy whatever you are selling. Ya know, kinda like, man, I'm just a regular guy, like ya know, that Obama guy, he's gonna talk to, like those terrorist guys with like ya know, no conditions and stuff, man, that's just uncool man. This is joe dumbass signing off from tele... *what is it agian?* oh, signing off from televiv... did I say that right? is it viv or veev?
    This is absolute arrogance, you call people sheep for listening to someone on one side, and then use Obama's name in the same paragraph, talk about sheepish behavior when the "messiah" got elected on the simplistic premise of "hope and change".
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #167
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    And obviously he is helping to raise the bar...

    I just see this as another example of the "right" dumbing down our country. Now you no longer have to go to college for a degree in journalism or english or literature,
    Well, it's not as if such degrees have prevented contemporary journalism to go down the tubes. How many academically credentialed journalists have wee seen recently get nabbed for outright plagiarism? How many such credentialed journalists have wee watched sink into an abyss of opinion or activist journalism as they take great pains seeking out specific sources and then very selectively utilize their source's quotes in their articles?

    Ask journalists why they became journalists. A large majority would tell you they did because they were interested in solving problems, i.e., activism.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    [QUOTE=LaMidRighter;1057881135]
    He took a job, it's not his fault it was offered, that's what people are missing here.
    I'm not blaming joe-the-not-so-much-a-plumber for taking the job. did you misread my post in your blind partisanship?

    Journalists never had that requirement to begin with, college simply makes it easier to hire on with a journalism company.
    Really? When was the last time you applied for a job as a journalist? have there been instances where people became reporters/correspondents/commentators/writers/et al. I'm sure, but I'll bet if you could find one there would be a better reason than, he was a plumber. You're just trying to excuse this ridiculous appointment.

    This is a very elitist statement,
    I'm really getting sick of the "right" trying to tell us all that being elite is bad. It's not bad, being a dumbass is bad not vise versa. This is an example of what I'm talking about when I say that the "right" is hell bent on dumbing down our nation. Being ignorant should be something looked down on, not praised.

    there are plenty of well spoken dumb asses getting on television and even elected, diction and grammer sound lovely, but when they lead to empty rhetoric then they are useless,
    So your argument is that since there have been well spoken dumbasses we should just assume that a dumb dumbass can't be any worse? Great thinking there.

    there also are different kinds of intelligence, saying a person who knows plumbing, or how to fix a car, or even can apply common business sense to something like running a country/region/local government because they don't speak well is the ultimate practice of not knowing the basics of human intelligence.
    Ah no, I'm talking about people who have shown us that they aren't very smart or intellectually curious. A car mechanic may or may not be very smart and still be able to fix a car but that's a different thing isn't it? I think if you are going to comment on knowing the basics of human intelligence you might consider that there are different kinds of intelligence. Just because you are smart enough to put plumbing tape on a leak doesn't mean you're smart enough to be a Senator. Wouldn't you agree?

    This is absolute arrogance, you call people sheep for listening to someone on one side, and then use Obama's name in the same paragraph, talk about sheepish behavior when the "messiah" got elected on the simplistic premise of "hope and change".
    Really? you don't think there is a difference in the intelligence level of Obama compared to Joe the plumber? I think if you were to ask the ENTIRE COUNTRY who they would trust information from more, Obama or JTP...

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Well, it's not as if such degrees have prevented contemporary journalism to go down the tubes. How many academically credentialed journalists have wee seen recently get nabbed for outright plagiarism? How many such credentialed journalists have wee watched sink into an abyss of opinion or activist journalism as they take great pains seeking out specific sources and then very selectively utilize their source's quotes in their articles?

    Ask journalists why they became journalists. A large majority would tell you they did because they were interested in solving problems, i.e., activism.
    So, just forget about college right, forget about individual differences in intelligence and abilities? We should just consider that everyone is just as smart as everyone else and we can all do each others jobs just as good... Hey, Kenneth Lay got busted so that means that Joe Plumber could run an energy company?

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    P.S.

    To those of you who think Joe the plumber is getting capped on for simply asking the messiah a question: Joe the plumber didn't ask 'suppose I wanted to buy a company...' He lied, made up a fake situation and presented it as if it were a real circumstance. That makes JTP a ****heel liar right out of the gate.

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •