Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 439

Thread: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

  1. #111
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I think a part of a journalist's job is to balance the facts.
    Absolutely, balance facts and give all sides to a story. It also depends on the type of journalism, straight reporting must deal in facts, op-ed deals in opinion/counter opinion, correspondence is pretty much one sided only because it is specialized reporting, etc. But you are absolutely correct about balancing the facts.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Maybe he wants to do this job so he can run as a Vice Presidential nominee down the road.

    Best succeed wildly in a high elected office, say, like a governor? *shrug*

  3. #113
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Absolutely, balance facts and give all sides to a story. It also depends on the type of journalism, straight reporting must deal in facts, op-ed deals in opinion/counter opinion, correspondence is pretty much one sided only because it is specialized reporting, etc. But you are absolutely correct about balancing the facts.
    I have to admit I have a little bit of experience in the field of photo-journalism a'la my college years. I'm actually an art photographer but I was exposed to the photo-journalism side of the biz in my college career.

  4. #114
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I have to admit I have a little bit of experience in the field of photo-journalism a'la my college years. I'm actually an art photographer but I was exposed to the photo-journalism side of the biz in my college career.
    Very cool, I'm not as knowledgeable about that side of the biz, but would assume that the standards of excellence and integrity are the same.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #115
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Very cool, I'm not as knowledgeable about that side of the biz, but would assume that the standards of excellence and integrity are the same.
    In the art gig there is a bit more leeway to make a statement. For example Andrea Serronos' "Piss Christ". The title is meant to get a rise out of some people and it certainly did. Had I done it I would have called it "In the Body of Christ".

  6. #116
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Lets see here...

    1) His name is not Joe.

    2) He wasn't a plumber.

    3) He is an opportunist, nothing more.
    Wow, people are still arguing his name is not Joe? Just really silly and what possible pay off is there for being that obtuse? Danny can ya 'splain that brain fart to me?

  7. #117
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Wow, people are still arguing his name is not Joe? Just really silly and what possible pay off is there for being that obtuse? Danny can ya 'splain that brain fart to me?
    His real given name is Samuel. I guess it doesn't have the same ring as Joe.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  8. #118
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    His real given name is Samuel. I guess it doesn't have the same ring as Joe.





    People do not go by their middle names?

    This is the most idiotic of all the "joe the plumber" rabid arguments.


    Dan Quayle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Strom Thurmond - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Eleanor Roosevelt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    F. Scott Fitzgerald - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Grover Cleveland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia




    You all should just drop this stupid argument.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #119
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I myself go by my middle name as does my father. His middle name is Joseph and his first name is Richard. Yet his name is Joe.

    Anyone else want to make a really silly argument on this? Seems there is some kind of pay off for this really really OBTUSE his name aint Joe argument.

  10. #120
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    I myself go by my middle name as does my father. His middle name is Joseph and his first name is Richard. Yet his name is Joe.

    Anyone else want to make a really silly argument on this? Seems there is some kind of pay off for this really really OBTUSE his name aint Joe argument.
    I've always gone by my middle name. actually a diminutive of my middle name, like your dad and the plumber.

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •