Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents

  1. #1
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents

    A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents


    A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents - Yahoo! News


    WASHINGTON An entire generation has gone by since the nation last saw this tableau of American history: every living U.S. president together at the White House.

    Consider it time for a reunion among the members of one of the world's most elite clubs, plus the one man about to join it Barack Obama.

    Picking up on an idea from Obama, President George W. Bush on Wednesday was hosting a lunch for the incoming president and the three former presidents: Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush and Jimmy Carter. It will be the first time all the presidents have gathered at the White House since 1981.

    Bush and Obama also will meet privately for roughly 30 minutes in the Oval Office before the lunch. That one-on-one meeting, coming just 13 days before Obama's inauguration, is more likely to focus on grim current events, with war in the Gaza Strip and the economy in a recession.

    White House press secretary Dana Perino said Wednesday that Bush and Obama have quickly developed a good relationship, in part because "they've been able to keep their conversations private." She said the two leaders are all but certain to review the Middle East and the economy.


    This is very interesting and encouraging for all sides. A willingness to listen.

    I give Bush Props for organizing this, and Obama props for the good relationship for the transistion, a far cry different than Clinton treated Bush.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #2
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This is very interesting and encouraging for all sides. A willingness to listen.

    I give Bush Props for organizing this, and Obama props for the good relationship for the transistion, a far cry different than Clinton treated Bush.
    This is good.

    I wonder if Bush will pull a prank like the Clinton's did by removing all of the "W"s from the keyboards.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #3
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    This is good.

    I wonder if Bush will pull a prank like the Clinton's did by removing all of the "W"s from the keyboards.
    He'll probably remove all the ~ buttons and nobody will notice.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #4
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This is very interesting and encouraging for all sides. A willingness to listen.

    I give Bush Props for organizing this, and Obama props for the good relationship for the transistion, a far cry different than Clinton treated Bush.
    Seriously, what is this fetish with listening? We all listen. We all seek out alternative ideas, perceptions, and thoughts. It seems as though some people here believe that if another person's behavior or decisions deviates from the course your prescribe then they are not "listening" or they are "ignoring" you.

    Look, it's not all about you. There are legitimate reasons to disagree with you and such disagreement isn't a sign that someone else ain't listening to you or is ignoring you.

    It's kinda like this fetish with unity and compromise. One never exists as a political matter and the other results in the dysfunction that is DC these days where temporary compromises become never-ending spending programs.

  5. #5
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Seriously, what is this fetish with listening? We all listen. We all seek out alternative ideas, perceptions, and thoughts. It seems as though some people here believe that if another person's behavior or decisions deviates from the course your prescribe then they are not "listening" or they are "ignoring" you.

    Look, it's not all about you. There are legitimate reasons to disagree with you and such disagreement isn't a sign that someone else ain't listening to you or is ignoring you.

    It's kinda like this fetish with unity and compromise. One never exists as a political matter and the other results in the dysfunction that is DC these days where temporary compromises become never-ending spending programs.



    The more Obama listens to republican presidents, the better for you and me.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #6
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    This is good.

    I wonder if Bush will pull a prank like the Clinton's did by removing all of the "W"s from the keyboards.
    Here is a prank: Litter the entire white house with full cans of Body Odor spray.

  7. #7
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This is very interesting and encouraging for all sides. A willingness to listen.

    I give Bush Props for organizing this, and Obama props for the good relationship for the transistion, a far cry different than Clinton treated Bush.
    How about that - 5 birds of a feather.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #8
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    The more Obama listens to republican presidents, the better for you and me.
    Sorry, my initial post wasn't necessarily attacking you. Rather I was addressing this social phenomenom that has elevated "listening" and "unity" above all other values and virtues.

    BTW - I don't want Obama listening to Republicans. I don't want compromise. Compromise gets us where we are at now...a popular perception that the parties are only subtly different. That's not healthy.

  9. #9
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    He'll probably remove all the ~ buttons and nobody will notice.
    Maybe he'll remove all of the . in an attempt to sabotage Obama's superior speaking skills.

  10. #10
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: A rare gathering: Bush, Obama and 3 ex-presidents

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Maybe he'll remove all of the . in an attempt to sabotage Obama's superior speaking skills.




    Wow your humor is so adept and original......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •