Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 162

Thread: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

  1. #21
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Why are you ignoring the question?



    And if it's an op-ed, my bad, I found it in the US news section on nbc's page. perhaps you should tell them.
    Because you chose to give a leading question which did not truthfully address my post.

  2. #22
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Because you chose to give a leading question which did not truthfully address my post.



    So can we opine on Obama's choices and other actions or should we restrict ourselves to colorful platitudes until Jan 20th?
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  3. #23
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So can we opine on Obama's choices and other actions or should we restrict ourselves to colorful platitudes until Jan 20th?
    Go for it, your op-ed does not make your argument for you though. So be sure to bring up the relevant action.

  4. #24
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Go for it, your op-ed does not make your argument for you though. So be sure to bring up the relevant action.



    Why not? I am simply pointing out that the canidate that one on hope and change thus far seems marred in scandals and opined on the reasons why.


    The fact that you have issues with my criticism of the new President simply due to it not being a certain date speaks more to your failures than to the Good Reverend's.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    55,116

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    I see, you're talking about big government, big spending, big deficit, and big war government.... In regards to those issues I'll agree that we will see little change. I suspect there will be some changes to big war government, but public opinion will probably stop any change to the amount of military spending.
    I doubt that, I think Obama will continue the war. Maybe not in Iraq, but probably somewhere in that area. I don't trust him to get us out of the war.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #26
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Why not? I am simply pointing out that the canidate that one on hope and change thus far seems marred in scandals and opined on the reasons why.


    The fact that you have issues with my criticism of the new President simply due to it not being a certain date speaks more to your failures than to the Good Reverend's.
    Read the title of the article and your thread....

    Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    The Democratic party may be marred in scandals, but they didn't win on promises of hope and change. They won on the unpopularity of the incumbent president.

  7. #27
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I doubt that, I think Obama will continue the war. Maybe not in Iraq, but probably somewhere in that area. I don't trust him to get us out of the war.
    I don't forsee him creating any new wars. He has said that Afghanistan is next, so obviously Bush's war will be continued to completion.

  8. #28
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,462

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Why is it that none of those scandals pertain to the Obama administration? And the ones that do are being addressed by the Obama administration as opposed to the last administration who waited until it was too late(Rumsfeld) or simply ignored the questions being raised(Cheney-Halliburton)?
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    55,116

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    I don't forsee him creating any new wars. He has said that Afghanistan is next, so obviously Bush's war will be continued to completion.
    Government loves war, it justifies their expansion of power and build up of their might. It's not just a Bush or Obama thing...government loves war. That's why it was supposed to be restricted in the ways and reasons it could go to war. But we don't seem to care much for checks and balances and the Constitution these days.
    War is Peace
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #30
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Read the title of the article and your thread....

    Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    The Democratic party may be marred in scandals, but they didn't win on promises of hope and change. They won on the unpopularity of the incumbent president.



    Interesting opinion, so you are saying Obama was a lesser of two evils and there is no cult of personality here?


    You don't remember obama campaigning on hope and change? Is this now thrown out the window because reality is setting in?
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 01-05-09 at 12:38 PM.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •