Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 162

Thread: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

  1. #11
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,360

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Are you suggesting that people should not be investigated?



    No I am all for investigation, but it seems like, and Bush had the same problem, a lot of em have a bit of dirty laundry......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #12
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    I see you are cursed with the gift of foresight like the good Reverand.
    I'm cursed with the gift of logic, a knowledge of history, and understanding of government's base desires. There will be no hope and change, his appointments to his cabinet speak volumes on that one. Standard political appointments. There's nothing he offers, the Republocrats will not change anything. The Republocrats are the status quo, the support it and they proliferate it and that's all you're going to get with Obama. You can bet your bottom dollar on that one.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #13
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Is this trolling or is it just whining?

    Do you have any issues with the sheer amount of scandals that already surround the obama picks?

    Or are you cool with politics as usual?
    No, it was a serious question in response to your first two posts
    #1
    Do you think Obama is doing the best with what is available, or is he screwing the pooch early here due to inexperience? only time will tell.....
    #2
    I had hoped for the change that was promised.
    Both beg the question. Obama is not yet president and his "promises" were directed towards his presidency. Wait till he actually is president and does something before you waste everyone's time with posts such as these.

  4. #14
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm cursed with the gift of logic, a knowledge of history, and understanding of government's base desires. There will be no hope and change, his appointments to his cabinet speak volumes on that one. Standard political appointments. There's nothing he offers, the Republocrats will not change anything. The Republocrats are the status quo, the support it and they proliferate it and that's all you're going to get with Obama. You can bet your bottom dollar on that one.
    And with your gift of logic and knowledge of history it is your conclusion that things have not changed, since when? Surely you don't believe things never change.

  5. #15
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,360

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    No, it was a serious question in response to your first two posts
    #1

    #2


    Both beg the question. Obama is not yet president and his "promises" were directed towards his presidency. Wait till he actually is president and does something before you waste everyone's time with posts such as these.



    Wait, so you are suggesting we turn a blind eye to his choices and actions he makes prior to taking the presidency?

    Is this your argument?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #16
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    And with your gift of logic and knowledge of history it is your conclusion that things have not changed, since when? Surely you don't believe things never change.
    Not without considerable outside pressure, not in government. But the Republocrats will not apply much pressure. Only as much as to make it seem like they're trying to keep each side in check, but not enough to actually keep things in check. The one party system doesn't work, and in an one party system, you'll not get change from that one party. It will continue to do what it wants and what it wants is power. It will continue to grow, it will continue to grab power even at the cost of the rights and liberties of the individual. This is the path of all government, not constrained this is the path it takes; one of treason and tyranny. Obama will do nothing to stop this; he will proliferate it. Bigger, more intrusive government is all we'll get. That status quo. Big government, big spending, big deficit, big war government.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #17
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Wait, so you are suggesting we turn a blind eye to his choices and actions he makes prior to taking the presidency?

    Is this your argument?
    You posted an op-ed in the breaking news forum about corruption in the Democratic party. Then you started speculating on Obama. Perhaps its just me, but your "argument" lacked coherence and support, thus my suspicion that your thread is nothing more than a partisan rant.

  8. #18
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,360

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    You posted an op-ed in the breaking news forum about corruption in the Democratic party. Then you started speculating on Obama. Perhaps its just me, but your "argument" lacked coherence and support, thus my suspicion that your thread is nothing more than a partisan rant.



    Why are you ignoring the question?



    And if it's an op-ed, my bad, I found it in the US news section on nbc's page. perhaps you should tell them.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #19
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Not without considerable outside pressure, not in government. But the Republocrats will not apply much pressure. Only as much as to make it seem like they're trying to keep each side in check, but not enough to actually keep things in check. The one party system doesn't work, and in an one party system, you'll not get change from that one party. It will continue to do what it wants and what it wants is power. It will continue to grow, it will continue to grab power even at the cost of the rights and liberties of the individual. This is the path of all government, not constrained this is the path it takes; one of treason and tyranny. Obama will do nothing to stop this; he will proliferate it. Bigger, more intrusive government is all we'll get. That status quo. Big government, big spending, big deficit, big war government.
    I see, you're talking about big government, big spending, big deficit, and big war government.... In regards to those issues I'll agree that we will see little change. I suspect there will be some changes to big war government, but public opinion will probably stop any change to the amount of military spending.

  10. #20
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,360

    Re: Dems Usher in New Era of Dull Scandals

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    I see, you're talking about big government, big spending, big deficit, and big war government.... In regards to those issues I'll agree that we will see little change. I suspect there will be some changes to big war government, but public opinion will probably stop any change to the amount of military spending.



    Obama already stated he will increase troops in afghanistan by what 30k?


    Is this change?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •