Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: A New Cigarette Hazard: ‘Third-Hand Smoke’

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    08-26-09 @ 09:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    676

    Re: A New Cigarette Hazard: ‘Third-Hand Smoke’

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I read the story. you fail again.


    I find a blurb, and some dubious nonsense about some study suspect to say the least.



    Tell me what are the known "safe levels" of ETS?



    And also if you do a little more research on this junk science, they also state that breast feeding is still better than bottle feeding.... given thier "logic" one would assume that breast milk from a smoker poses some risks, or is it only microparticles on the couch?


    Junk science for the lunatic fringe to glom onto......
    What a tough choice! A study from Mass General led by a Harvard Medical School scientist or your nonsense?

    So typical of your posts is the diversion away from the facts and you substitute right wing talk radio babble as your talking point.

    Out of curiosity do you believe in evolution or is that too some nonsense unproven theory?

    BTW - the concept that a mother would smoke cigarettes and then breast feed is repulsive. Is that what your mother did to you?

  2. #22
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: A New Cigarette Hazard: ‘Third-Hand Smoke’

    Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post
    What a tough choice! A study from Mass General led by a Harvard Medical School scientist or your nonsense?
    Fallacy: Appeal to authority

    So typical of your posts is the diversion away from the facts and you substitute right wing talk radio babble as your talking point.
    Fallacy: Ad hominen


    Out of curiosity do you believe in evolution or is that too some nonsense unproven theory?
    Fallacy: Appeal to Ridicule


    BTW - the concept that a mother would smoke cigarettes and then breast feed is repulsive. Is that what your mother did to you?
    Fallacy: Ad hominen abusive




    You fail on so many levels......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    08-26-09 @ 09:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    676

    Re: A New Cigarette Hazard: ‘Third-Hand Smoke’

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Fallacy: Appeal to authority



    Fallacy: Ad hominen




    Fallacy: Appeal to Ridicule




    Fallacy: Ad hominen abusive




    You fail on so many levels......
    I support and defend an authentic scientific study. You counter with diversions that never include any science other than the science of the absurd.

    You can attack me all you want who cares? What you're unable to do is dispute the study cited in the Times piece which is your modus operandi.

    You judge me, I judge the science. You make up **** I defend science. You attack the study with babble and I defend science.

    I guess I should be used to some Republicans who have no knowledge or belief in science.

  4. #24
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: A New Cigarette Hazard: ‘Third-Hand Smoke’

    don't know why I bother.... you post something, i disagree, you attack me.....


    that is all you do. whatever man.... i choose to think for myself, not take any piece of junk science that comes along and treat it like the word of god...

    Remember asbestos was a miracle substance, and thalidomide was safe for pregnant mothers.


    and I made up nothing stop lying.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    08-26-09 @ 09:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    676

    Re: A New Cigarette Hazard: ‘Third-Hand Smoke’

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    don't know why I bother.... you post something, i disagree, you attack me.....


    that is all you do. whatever man.... i choose to think for myself, not take any piece of junk science that comes along and treat it like the word of god...

    Remember asbestos was a miracle substance, and thalidomide was safe for pregnant mothers.


    and I made up nothing stop lying.
    Calling this study "junk science" is a lie and you made it up. You've shown no evidence to dispute the study other than you calling it junk science. This is how you operate. You make it up, you never prove what you make up, you attack anyone who challenges the made up **** that you post and you whine, whine, whine...but you never disprove the truth that you dispute, you just divert away from the truth and continue to post bs like calling the Mass General study "junk science."

  6. #26
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: A New Cigarette Hazard: ‘Third-Hand Smoke’

    Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post
    Calling this study "junk science" is a lie and you made it up. You've shown no evidence to dispute the study other than you calling it junk science. This is how you operate. You make it up, you never prove what you make up, you attack anyone who challenges the made up **** that you post and you whine, whine, whine...but you never disprove the truth that you dispute, you just divert away from the truth and continue to post bs like calling the Mass General study "junk science."




    nah calling it Junk science is an opinion I hold, not a lie. a lie is you making stuff up about me making it up. you fail yet again....


    And you complain about me whining? look at all your posts....


    btw, have you figured out the context I took Obama out of yet?

    I also asked you:

    Tell me what are the known "safe levels" of ETS?

    and asked you about there findings on breast milk of smokers still being safer than bottled milk.


    Will you be answering these two points soon, i am off to a devils game and can't wait around......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #27
    Student Pinu7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In your kitchen, drinking all your kool aid.
    Last Seen
    09-05-11 @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    196

    Re: A New Cigarette Hazard: ‘Third-Hand Smoke’

    What science? This is not science. There is only one new study, so it didn't complete the scientific method. It may not be true.

    However, the assertion that this is definitely junk science is ridiculous. Non of us has any scientific authority to dispute this with our knowledge and we, presumably, have no contradictory evidence to back that up.

    Praise Jesus.

    Edit: Science is not an opinion. You have no right to call it junk science.

  8. #28
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,755

    Re: A New Cigarette Hazard: ‘Third-Hand Smoke’

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/03/he...3smoke.html?em

    Very interesting. Thoughts?

    (Before people post something about how smoking is evil and should be a crime or how this is fascism seeking to take away your constitutional right to smoke a boge in your own house, take a second to realize that this isn't a political issue, it's a scientific one).
    Years ago, Canadian scientists caused a number of substances to be banned because they reported that they were bad for health. Among them was Aspartame, which, years later, was reintroduced as Nutra-Sweet.

    Canadian scientists also determined that, if you feed a lab rat 100 gallons of milk, he will burst. I am now waiting for milk to be put on the list of government-mandated "bad substances".

    Just because someone has "scientist" as part of his name doesn't mean he is a good one, as there is good science and bad science.

    Finally, I AM going to post that forcing people to quit smoking in their own homes IS unconstitutional. With all the problems facing America in the next few years, I would feel much better if our government addressed those problems instead of deciding that they need to protect us from ourselves. Otherwise, they will soon be putting people in jail for having sex, because there is a slight risk that some old people could have heart attacks as a result of it. Damn it, just let me die happy.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #29
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: A New Cigarette Hazard: ‘Third-Hand Smoke’

    The way you prove something scientifically is to get someone else to independently verify your results. The study certainly makes logical sense, insofar as the particles present in smoking clearly are harmful and are detectable even by human senses on clothing and furniture. However, this is merely one study and needs to be replicated in order to lend credibility to its results.

  10. #30
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: A New Cigarette Hazard: ‘Third-Hand Smoke’

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    But the food you put into your body doesn't have a direct physical effect on those around you, beans and broccoli aside.
    But the people you're supposedly killing with smoke are 100 times more likely to die from the **** they put in their own bodies than they are from shaking hands with a smoker.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •