Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 270

Thread: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

  1. #161
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I can understand this very strange argument from Pro-Israel Americans. Apparently the fact they didn't have a country means they didn't have a right to the land.

    I suppose the US didn't have a right to revolt because they didn't have a country, it was Britain's land to do as it pleased with it.
    People have argued that the Jews took the country away from the PAlestinians. However, the land NEVER belonged to the Palestinans!
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #162
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    01-07-09 @ 03:09 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Where are you from Ammro?
    I am a Nigerian? Does this make a difference to you? and you?

  3. #163
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Ammro View Post
    I am a Nigerian? Does this make a difference to you? and you?
    I think she was just curious.

    Welcome to DP.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  4. #164
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    People have argued that the Jews took the country away from the PAlestinians. However, the land NEVER belonged to the Palestinans!
    Yes it did. They never had a state but they collectively and sure as hell individually owned it.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  5. #165
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    There is no way militarily to stop rocket attacks (mobile launchers) via air power exclusively. Indeed, rockets continued to be fired all during the first eight days of the air campaign. There will always be casualties in war. There is no way around this truism.
    OK, but what makes you think that an invasion will be more effective at stopping them than bombing? And even if it is, what's to stop Hamas from doing it again as soon as Israel withdraws?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah
    I believe you are wrong. All factions in the government of Israel have come to the stark conclusion that Hamas must go.
    Every news report I have read today says that the Israeli government is explicitly stating that the purpose of the incursion is to stop the rocket attacks, not to overthrow Hamas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah
    Yes. The same fundamental problem exists with all terrorist organizations.
    So then what's the point of the invasion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah
    Abbas has no desire to sweep in to Gaza on the back of an IDF tank. This is just common political sense.
    I think Abbas will take it however he can get it. It's not like he has much choice. Egypt or the UN certainly have no interest in occupying Gaza.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #166
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    01-07-09 @ 03:09 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I think she was just curious.

    Welcome to DP.
    Many thanks.

  7. #167
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Ammro View Post
    I am a Nigerian? Does this make a difference to you? and you?
    No difference to me. Nigerian? Isn't Nigeria in Africa?

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  8. #168
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    OK, but what makes you think that an invasion will be more effective at stopping them than bombing? And even if it is, what's to stop Hamas from doing it again as soon as Israel withdraws?
    There are no guarantees. But doing something is preferable to simply wishing on the moon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Every news report I have read today says that the Israeli government is explicitly stating that the purpose of the incursion is to stop the rocket attacks, not to overthrow Hamas.
    Lol. Ok then. My language skills must be slipping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    So then what's the point of the invasion?
    Correct me if I am wrong, but the Taliban are still a power in Afghanistan. Does this infer that the initial US invasion was pointless and/or unnecessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I think Abbas will take it however he can get it. It's not like he has much choice.
    Depends greatly on time and circumstance. Understandably, Abbas has no desire or intention to be viewed as an Israeli puppet.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  9. #169
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    [QUOTE=Kandahar;1057870847
    the UN certainly have no interest in occupying Gaza.[/QUOTE]

    I,m not sure the UN can sit idle on this one. If the rhetoric is to believed they may be left with little option, or at least take an active role.

    Paul.
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  10. #170
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    People have argued that the Jews took the country away from the PAlestinians. However, the land NEVER belonged to the Palestinans!
    Your right .... the land belongs to the British.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •