Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 270

Thread: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

  1. #101
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Oh yes because Israel is so perfect right? Because it doesn't have blood on its hands?

    Oh no, its all the Arabs fault we are in this entire mess

  2. #102
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    I could say the same of everything you say, as you clearly have no capacity for independent thought.
    You are free to say so, as you are free to say many incorrect, inaccurate and unfounded things.

    As for my capacity for independent thought. I am amused by your contention, and feel no compulsion to correct you in this matter. Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Am I flaming now? I can't tell what's a flame and what's not anymore.
    No. rest assured that you are merely spluttering.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Anyways, I think this is about equivalent to calling people small children.
    We'll is you'll read my post again, this time with a bit more care, you'll see that I did not actually call the earlier poster a child, I merely pointed out that their assertion was worthy of a child's thought process.

    You see?

  3. #103
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Then you must overlook the attacking of civilian targets with phosphorous bombs by the "good guys".
    Obviously, it depends upon whether they are the children of the "good guys," or the "bad guys."

    You might want to look up the WWII bombing campaigns against London, Berlin, Dresden, Hiroshima, Tokyo, and Pearl Harbor.
    More contemporary examples can be found in the Viet Nam Conflict, as well as the current conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq.

    A good example of similar thinking can be found in the annuals of the WONA under the exploits of General Sherman.

    Again, this is war. It is particularly ugly, and hostile groups like the Palestinians in Gaza are well advised to avoid inciting it.

  4. #104
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post

    Oh no, its all the Arabs fault we are in this entire mess
    That is Britain's responsibility I'm afraid and Arthur Balfour's of course. A black act in British history particularly when you consider the betrayal of the Arabs who helped to beat the Turks.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  5. #105
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    That is Britain's responsibility I'm afraid and Arthur Balfour's of course. A black act in British history particularly when you consider the betrayal of the Arabs who helped to beat the Turks.
    Oh i agree, UK has some responsibility ...

    Not exactly the first country we meddled with in our history

  6. #106
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Again, this is war.
    That is no excuse to a gentleman.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  7. #107
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    This is an assertion for very small children who cannot make tough ethical and moral judgments.

    Personally, I think I'll call the ones who think it's a swell idea to strap bombs on their kids and sent them out to blow up people in pizzerias the "bad guys."
    And I'd call the descendents of and living land thieves the bad guys but that is neither here nor there and does no excuse the killing of civilians or help the current situation.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  8. #108
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Oh yes because Israel is so perfect right? Because it doesn't have blood on its hands?

    Oh no, its all the Arabs fault we are in this entire mess
    You really must try to be less overwrought in these matters, and allow Sweet Reason to hold sway.

    I do not look for perfection in anything human, and am pleasantly surprised when I discover even mild examples of honer, compassion or mercy.

    The fact of the matter is that while Israel is far from perfect, Hamas and it's supporters are not at all far from screaming, homicidal savagery.

    The level of moral disparity 'twixt the parties is vast, profound, and obvious.


    However, if one enjoys the practice of war, terrorism, murder and ethnic suicide, I suppose one is advised to support both sides, or withhold support form either, that the conflict might continue indefinitely, form generation, to tattered generation.
    Last edited by Oftencold; 01-03-09 at 08:32 PM.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    The fact of the matter is that while Israel is far from perfect
    Exactly, so **** both sides.
    I would rather UK stays out of this entire mess and doesn't support Israel

  10. #110
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Exactly, so **** both sides.
    I would rather UK stays out of this entire mess and doesn't support Israel
    So would I.

    In Britain we believe in private property.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •