Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 270

Thread: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

  1. #91
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    'the bad guys'

    Both sides are the 'bad guys'
    This is an assertion for very small children who cannot make tough ethical and moral judgments.

    Personally, I think I'll call the ones who think it's a swell idea to strap bombs on their kids and sent them out to blow up people in pizzerias the "bad guys."

  2. #92
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    This is an assertion for very small children who cannot make tougt ethical mad moral judgments
    What a nice conclusion to someone who is blindly following one side.

    Perhaps if we had more people like me who criticised both sides rather than like you who support 1 faithfully. Peace would be in ME.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    This is an assertion for very small children
    I could say the same of everything you say, as you clearly have no capacity for independent thought.

    Am I flaming now? I can't tell what's a flame and what's not anymore. Anyways, I think this is about equivalent to calling people small children.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    That sounds fair to the civilians.
    Fair?

    I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about warfare.

    Allow me to explain. War is what happens when things like justice, fairness, concern for the welfare of the masses and other useful fictions are dispelled.

    The Palestinians think of acts of war as political policy. They have volunteered thereby for an effective and efficient type of intense remedial education for themselves.

    The fact that they would subject their children to such an exercise justifies, all by itself, the application of these stringent measures to the adults.
    Last edited by Oftencold; 01-03-09 at 07:04 PM.

  5. #95
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    This is an assertion for very small children who cannot make tough ethical and moral judgments.

    Personally, I think I'll call the ones who think it's a swell idea to strap bombs on their kids and sent them out to blow up people in pizzerias the "bad guys."
    Then you must overlook the attacking of civilian targets with phosphorous bombs by the "good guys".
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #96
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    So God should protect one group of people while they kill another? Very interesting.
    God has no power. The powers in the Gun.

    Paul.
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  7. #97
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    God has no power. The powers in the Gun.

    Paul.
    I agree with you.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #98
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    HEY LOOK! A video of the IDF entering Gaza!!!


    YouTube - IDF enters Gaza Strip


    Oh wait...this was 2 years ago

  9. #99
    Educator partier9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A town in a country, on a planet
    Last Seen
    05-23-13 @ 11:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    972

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    I hope Israel takes out Hammas this time. If they don't then this will be happening for the next decade repeating with out stopping. If Israel does take out Hammas, then hopefully Gaza's new goverment can talk with Israel and the two sides can make peace. That is the best scenario and I hope it happens.
    If I had a billion dollars?

  10. #100
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    What a nice conclusion to someone who is blindly following one side.

    Perhaps if we had more people like me who criticised both sides rather than like you who support 1 faithfully. Peace would be in ME.
    Not a chance.

    The failure of civilized nations to rally around the cause of one of their own is the main reasons that none of us can awaken from this nightmare.

    A failure to chose a side in such a clearly delineated struggle is almost incomprehensible to me, without resort to concepts such as cowardice, moral depravity or willful denial of facts.

    It is almost as though one couldn't choose as side between healthy, albeit imperfect tissue and gangrenous flesh.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •