Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Results 321 to 329 of 329

Thread: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

  1. #321
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Really? Do you know the exact context of the conversation?

    I saw the woman on GMA and she recounted exactly what she was discussing and it was about seating.

    my argument is that no matter WHO you are, it is really stupid to be making comments that could be regarded as odd while flying, but even MORE so if you appear Islamic.
    I agree that it's stupid to make odd comments while flying but I myself will not judge someone more based on their appearance. That's just me, and I don't care- I am how I am. I've heard enough crap from my husband about this, he is like you, but I just won't do it. I have way too many Arabic friends that it's hard to just profile Muslims based on their appearances.


    Now as this case is, I think these people are not entitled to any lawsuit actions, but they certainly should get a refund for the airfare they were forced to pay after being removed. I didnít think that was right at all.
    I agree.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  2. #322
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    They are acting on a religious impulse, but it has nothing to do with the actual Muslim religion. It has to do with their extremist interpretation of that religion.
    So it does have to with their being Muslim. Thank you for concurring.

    I guess you could argue that Muslim terrorism is just a perverion of Muslim religion, but aside from very few platitudes from the Saudi's and a few other minor Muslim nations when they condemn terror attacks against the US, the Arab Street ain't revolting against such Muslim-centric terrorism. Quite the opposite.

    Would you also categorize a group of idiotic extremists like the Westboro Baptist people with other average Christians?
    Don't know who they are. But that's besides the point. The Baptist group ain't perping global jihad. The could be accurately described as off-the-reservation idiots. Meanwhile, Muslim terrorists are bred in Muslim schools, find sympathy and support in the Arab Streets and from Muslim governments, and are committing terror attacks across the globe.

    Maybe the distinction is lost on you...

  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Really? Do you know the exact context of the conversation?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    I saw the woman on GMA and she recounted exactly what she was discussing and it was about seating.
    And you are not skeptical of her version of the events without knowing more information?

    I think that normal people who exclude anything incriminating when recounting how they got kicked off an aircraft for conversations that frightened other passengers; call me cynical.

    But please, for my education, post the transcript so that we can understand what is going on better.

  4. #324
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    So it does have to with their being Muslim. Thank you for concurring.
    Uh...no it doesn't. Unless you are foolish enough to think that extremism is only limited to the Muslim religion.

    I guess you could argue that Muslim terrorism is just a perverion of Muslim religion, but aside from very few platitudes from the Saudi's and a few other minor Muslim nations when they condemn terror attacks against the US, the Arab Street ain't revolting against such Muslim-centric terrorism. Quite the opposite.
    A lot of Muslims have spoken out against terrorism, but it never makes the headlines because people don't give a ****. Regardless, why should they have to? Why should they have to hold the hands of these moronic people who are too ignorant to see the obvious differences and automatically associate Muslims to terrorism?

    Don't know who they are. But that's besides the point. The Baptist group ain't perping global jihad. The could be accurately described as off-the-reservation idiots. Meanwhile, Muslim terrorists are bred in Muslim schools, find sympathy and support in the Arab Streets and from Muslim governments, and are committing terror attacks across the globe.

    Maybe the distinction is lost on you...
    Actually, no. The distinction between Muslim and Muslim extremist isn't lost on me. However, it seems to be lost on you and several others on this forum.

  5. #325
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,376

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    Hey Comment Nazi, it was their comments that got them thrown off the plane and justifyably so. Don't yell "fire" in a theater and don't make the type of comments like the stupid idiots did. Let's see if they do it again. If anyone traveling by air nowdays is that stupid they should take up bus riding.
    *sigh*

    Since WHEN is inquiring about the safest place on an aircraft, or commenting on how close you are to the engines (Boeing 717 - seats are right next to the engines in the rear) out of the usual (especially soon after the CO 737-500 crash in Denver for the safety Q), something that SHOULDN'T be commented on (), and warranting such blatant over-reaction? Since when is it EVER comparable to shouting fire in a movie theater? What FEASABLE THREAT can it actually pose?

    People, seriously, we need to get a ****ing grip here.
    Last edited by Travelsonic; 01-05-09 at 04:10 PM.
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

  6. #326
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Uh...no it doesn't. Unless you are foolish enough to think that extremism is only limited to the Muslim religion.
    I don't believe that. I do believe that Muslim terrorism, though, does have something to do with, well, you know, Islam. You don't?

    We're talking about Muslim terrorism, no?

    A lot of Muslims have spoken out against terrorism, but it never makes the headlines because people don't give a ****.
    I know many people that do give a ****.

    Regardless, why should they have to? Why should they have to hold the hands of these moronic people who are too ignorant to see the obvious differences and automatically associate Muslims to terrorism?
    Who's asking for hands to be held?

    I am simply stating that if Muslim terrorism is simply an extemist perverion we'd see broad rejection of such behavior. But we do not.

    Actually, no. The distinction between Muslim and Muslim extremist isn't lost on me. However, it seems to be lost on you and several others on this forum.
    I don't buy that Islam is just a peaceful religion being perverted by a relatively minor few Muslims. I don't see anything to indicate this other than from the apologists who want to draw absurd equivalecnies between Christianity and Islam in order to obscure the fact that Muslim terrorism ain't a perversion of Islam.

    That's a monster con.

  7. #327
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    When I and most of the rest of the world with the exception of you refer to the west in the contect of Islamic extremist War on the West I am refering to Western Civiliztion. I am not refering to geographical location. Its obvious you need to be educated further. Please stop making a fool of yourself and except the fact that you are wrong and then move on please, its quite embarrassing.
    Again, this would be much easier for all involved if you were even remotely specific. "The West" can be viewed by many different people as many different things. If you would have given the specific countries, instead of making an ambiguous blanket statement, we would not be having this problem.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #328
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Again, this would be much easier for all involved if you were even remotely specific. "The West" can be viewed by many different people as many different things. If you would have given the specific countries, instead of making an ambiguous blanket statement, we would not be having this problem.
    You are the only one having a problem. I showed you many examples of the West being used in context with Islamists as in al Qaeda's war on the West. You either ignored them or you simply refuse to learn anything new because you allready know everything.

    A moderator even had to try and explain it to you in post #294 Zyphlin said

    Oh come on Ego, this is absolutely idiotic. You're either completely and utterly ignorant of political speak and never read anything on this board the entire time you've been here or you're being intentionally dense, ignorant, and intellectually dishonest here.

    The fact you go on in this thread to used it as "The West", notice the capitalization, shows this. If you are speaking simply in terms of direction you wouldn't use such capitalization.

    This is as pathetic of an attempted nitpick as it would be if he said "America" and you were like "What America? North America? South America? Or the united states of America?"
    The news media, politicians, professors, and everyone except you use the phrase "the West" in the same context as I have. Damn you have a thick cranium.

    Will someone please explain to EgoffTib that when referring to the West in a context of "al Qaeda's war on the West" that the West is Europe, the United States, etc. The Western World. He seems to think it is a direction.

    Please refer to the following link. It explains it in much more detail than I can.

    Western world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by SgtRock; 01-05-09 at 09:50 PM.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    08-26-09 @ 09:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    676

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    It wasn't a bunch of Roman Catholic Granny's that flew planes into buildings. It wasn't middle age mid western men either. It's not Soccer Mom's cutting heads off of their opponents in war. It's not Grunge looking, crack revealing, skate boarding potheads that protest against cartoons about Mohammad.

    No, just ignore the comments of people that might fit the profile of a terrorist and make, let's say interesting statements. Stick your head in the sand.

    I think people like you should be rebuked for not using your nogg'in, and painting self preservation as bigotry.

    If people don't like the manner their "profile" is treated, then aggressively change that profile. Don't shoot messengers that have experienced the wrath of their profile's repeated and unrelenting misdeeds.
    Oh really? Tell us oh wise one what exactly was said that would lead any non bigoted, intelligent person to conclude that they were going to blow up the airplane?

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •