Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 329

Thread: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

  1. #311
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    That's what I call double drivel. Almost embarrassing to read.

    Yeah, there has been unending acts of paranoia and stupidity. Everyday we see people calling for the cabin crew to report strange behavior. Everyday we hear of flights stopped and luggage taken off the plane, screened again and reloaded. Everyday we hear of Terror looking individuals denied the seats they have paid for.

    And No, that the terrorists are Muslims, that has no influence. Who cares... let's screen all Grannies because they seem likely to be the next group of terrorists in disguise.
    Ysterday my girlfriend and her son got double checked and bomb sniffed over an egg of playdough.

  2. #312
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    That's what I call double drivel. Almost embarrassing to read.
    Then don't read it.

    Yeah, there has been unending acts of paranoia and stupidity. Everyday we see people calling for the cabin crew to report strange behavior. Everyday we hear of flights stopped and luggage taken off the plane, screened again and reloaded. Everyday we hear of Terror looking individuals denied the seats they have paid for.
    Exactly, and it's sad isn't it? It's no wonder the airline companies are dying off.

    And No, that the terrorists are Muslims, that has no influence. Who cares... let's screen all Grannies because they seem likely to be the next group of terrorists in disguise.
    Well, considering that being a Muslim in and of itself has absolutely zero to do with being a terrorist, perhaps we should broaden the search or god forbid; stop being so idiotic and paranoid about stupid ****.

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    You can't judge whether someone is a terrorist or not based on the clothes that they wear. That's one of the most idiotic assertions I've ever seen you make.
    Who made this argument?


    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Besides, do you really think that all terrorists dress like a stereotypical terrorist? Are clothing choices really the best we have to go on as far as classifying terrorists? If so, that's sad.
    Who made this argument?


    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I've read this story and saw the comments that these people made which led them to getting kicked off of the plane. I saw nothing that would lead a rational thinking person to believe that there was an actual threat. The bottom line is that people have become idiotic in their paranoia.
    Of course you call it paranoia; but then, Muslims are the ones who carry out hijackings and when someone who LOOKS Arabic starts mouthing off about airport security or aircraft security, it is going to make some people very nervous and they will rightly report their concerns to the authorities.

    How hard is it for anyone who looks Arabic or Muslim, which includes Israeliís, Turks etc., to comprehend that these are difficult times and mouthing off out loud about security is a BAD idea when flying?

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    It has nothing to do with being PC, it has to do with being smart enough to not judge people on shallow criteria like clothing or religion.
    Your comments and argument have EVERYTHING to do with PC. Your efforts to make arguments and put words in others mouths is a transparent attempt to defend the idiotic PC notion that people who LOOK Arabic or Muslim and chatting out loud about airport security and aircraft security should be ignored because it might hurt their feelings if they get profiled and yanked off the aircraft.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    If a Christian had made those same comments there wouldn't have been an issue at all.
    This is another one of those; "because you say so" hypothetical argument made in a vacuum of any facts or reality.

    I assure you that if the passenger in front or beside me starts talking about blowing up planes, I will have a serious concern; albeit, less so as we haven't had white Christians running into wedding processions, airports, mosques, busses or trains with bombs strapped to their backs.....EVER.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    When people get paranoid they get stupid. The fact that you would defend such people speaks volumes about you and your character.
    The fact that you defend the PC notion that it is just paranoia in a vacuum of the facts says a lot about your character, or lack thereof. The notion that you desperately attempt to put words in my mouth that have not been spoken to make such an idiotic personal attack also speaks volumes about YOUR character, or lack thereof.

    The fact that you can't even stay on the thread topic speaks volumes to your lack of reading comprehension.

    Here was my argument so that you are not confused; if you LOOK Arabic or Muslim, it is a good idea to NOT talk out loud about your opinions about airport security or aircraft security.

    I am a White Male and the LAST thing I am going to do is JOKE about security while flying; it is just DUMB and I don't have time to be dragged to a private room to be interviewed by the FBI; and I assure you, there have been many stupid WHITE people dragged there as a result of their idiotic attempts at humor while going through security.

    It is not a laughing matter, it is not something to joke about and only stupid people will do it while traveling; and it is even dumber if you happen to have the same ethnic background or appearance that is part of the world where terrorists are bred and come from. This is REALITY and hardly paranoid or stupid or indicative of any character trait.

    Carry on; stick a fork in this one, it is well done.

  4. #314
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,433

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Yes, how silly of us to think that Arab looking Muslims would blow people up and hijack airliners and fly them into high rises huh?

    The thing that fascinates me about the above comments is the vacuum of reality it takes to think that passengers who LOOK like their terrorist countrymen are not going to be suspect and should exercise extreme caution when making vocal comments about security while at the airport or in an aircraft.
    They didn't make vocal comments about security, they were talking about their seats and the location of the seats. Profile all you want to, I don't care. Just because when I see people dressed in traditional Muslim dress I don't run for the hills or wallow in fear, doesn't mean I don't live in reality. When I fly I do use caution but I use common sense, not profiling, when judging people and their actions.



    Of course, we could ALL just wallow in denial and pretend that Islamic cultures are non-violent and don't go around blowing innocents up and decapitating their captives.

    Carry on.
    Those passengers were not from an Islamic culture, they were all Americans. You can't deny that.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Ysterday my girlfriend and her son got double checked and bomb sniffed over an egg of playdough.
    Playdo resembles certain plastic explosives; did you have a point for the thread topic with this comment?

  6. #316
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Well, considering that being a Muslim in and of itself has absolutely zero to do with being a terrorist, perhaps we should broaden the search or god forbid; stop being so idiotic and paranoid about stupid ****.
    Really? So Muslim terrorists are not acting from some religious impulse?

    That's news to...well, Muslim terrorists.

  7. #317
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Your comments and argument have EVERYTHING to do with PC. Your efforts to make arguments and put words in others mouths is a transparent attempt to defend the idiotic PC notion that people who LOOK Arabic or Muslim and chatting out loud about airport security and aircraft security should be ignored because it might hurt their feelings if they get profiled and yanked off the aircraft.
    It's why our airport security "randomly" selects little old ladies to search more intensively, too.

  8. #318
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Who made this argument?
    Oh, I'm sorry. Not just clothes, but the way they look.


    Of course you call it paranoia; but then, Muslims are the ones who carry out hijackings and when someone who LOOKS Arabic starts mouthing off about airport security or aircraft security, it is going to make some people very nervous and they will rightly report their concerns to the authorities.
    No, Muslim extremists are the ones who carry out hijackings. Oh, and lots of people look Arabic. They weren't mouthing off about anything. They were merely talking amongst themselves about the safest parts of the airplane. Nobody would have thought twice if they were white Christians having the same conversation.

    How hard is it for anyone who looks Arabic or Muslim, which includes Israeliís, Turks etc., to comprehend that these are difficult times and mouthing off out loud about security is a BAD idea when flying?
    How is having a discussion considered "mouthing off"? You're right though, perhaps they should clear it with everyone on the plane before they have a discussion that could even remotely be interpreted as bad regardless of how skewed the logic is.

    Your comments and argument have EVERYTHING to do with PC. Your efforts to make arguments and put words in others mouths is a transparent attempt to defend the idiotic PC notion that people who LOOK Arabic or Muslim and chatting out loud about airport security and aircraft security should be ignored because it might hurt their feelings if they get profiled and yanked off the aircraft.
    I could care less about whether it hurt their feelings or not. It's idiotic and inconvenient for them. I would feel the same way for any person who would be kicked off of a flight for such idiotic reasons. It has nothing to do with being PC.

    This is another one of those; "because you say so" hypothetical argument made in a vacuum of any facts or reality.

    I assure you that if the passenger in front or beside me starts talking about blowing up planes, I will have a serious concern; albeit, less so as we haven't had white Christians running into wedding processions, airports, mosques, busses or trains with bombs strapped to their backs.....EVER.
    They didn't start talking about blowing up planes.

    The fact that you defend the PC notion that it is just paranoia in a vacuum of the facts says a lot about your character, or lack thereof. The notion that you desperately attempt to put words in my mouth that have not been spoken to make such an idiotic personal attack also speaks volumes about YOUR character, or lack thereof.
    Yeah, because your attacks thus far haven't been personal at all.

    The fact that you can't even stay on the thread topic speaks volumes to your lack of reading comprehension.
    and right after you accuse me of personal attacks.

    Here was my argument so that you are not confused; if you LOOK Arabic or Muslim, it is a good idea to NOT talk out loud about your opinions about airport security or aircraft security.
    Why? Because airport security and safety means that you are a terrorist and are planning to blow the plane up? That's quite a stretch.

    I am a White Male and the LAST thing I am going to do is JOKE about security while flying; it is just DUMB and I don't have time to be dragged to a private room to be interviewed by the FBI; and I assure you, there have been many stupid WHITE people dragged there as a result of their idiotic attempts at humor while going through security.
    Ah, first they mouthed off about it and now they joked about it. Make up your mind.

    It is not a laughing matter, it is not something to joke about and only stupid people will do it while traveling; and it is even dumber if you happen to have the same ethnic background or appearance that is part of the world where terrorists are bred and come from. This is REALITY and hardly paranoid or stupid or indicative of any character trait.
    Once again, make up your mind.

    Carry on; stick a fork in this one, it is well done.
    I love how you always end your posts with these ridiculous catch phrases.

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    They didn't make vocal comments about security, they were talking about their seats and the location of the seats. Profile all you want to, I don't care.
    Really? Do you know the exact context of the conversation? Yes, it was just a bunch of paranoid racists who reported them for no apparent reason for the mere fact that they were having a harmless conversation about the aircraft.

    Do not misunderstand my argument, I am not suggesting that the people who overheard the alleged conversation where not overly cautious, my argument is that no matter WHO you are, it is really stupid to be making comments that could be regarded as odd while flying, but even MORE so if you appear Islamic.

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Just because when I see people dressed in traditional Muslim dress I don't run for the hills or wallow in fear, doesn't mean I don't live in reality.
    Who made this argument or this premise in the thread?


    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    When I fly I do use caution but I use common sense, not profiling, when judging people and their actions.
    That is my argument, but I take it further and suggest that if you are of an Islamic background, it behooves you to exercise even MORE caution and refrain from commenting about security, the state of the aircraft or nearness of others etc.

    Now as this case is, I think these people are not entitled to any lawsuit actions, but they certainly should get a refund for the airfare they were forced to pay after being removed. I didnít think that was right at all.

  10. #320
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Really? So Muslim terrorists are not acting from some religious impulse?

    That's news to...well, Muslim terrorists.
    They are acting on a religious impulse, but it has nothing to do with the actual Muslim religion. It has to do with their extremist interpretation of that religion.

    Would you also categorize a group of idiotic extremists like the Westboro Baptist people with other average Christians?

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •