Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 329

Thread: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

  1. #261
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,493

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Damn, you was in da joint for 12 years?



    Yea, it sucked! Hell my MOS does not even exist anymore!

  2. #262
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post


    Yea, it sucked! Hell my MOS does not even exist anymore!

    Neither does mine I was a 54E20. That was a nuclear Biological Chemical operations specialist. I think its a 74D now
    Last edited by SgtRock; 01-03-09 at 01:24 AM.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  3. #263
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,493

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Neither does mine I was a 54E20. That was a nuclear Biological Chemical operations specialist. I think its a 74D now
    Good to meet you troop.

    Now if I can only convince you to be against profiling.

  4. #264
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Good to meet you troop.

    Now if I can only convince you to be against profiling.
    What harm does it do if we check people from a group that wish us harm. Think about it 98% of all terrorist attacks against the west are commited by muslims. If I were muslim I would understand if I were singled out because of my religion. Im not saying we should torture them for christ sake. Just take them aside and search them. Whats the big deal?
    Last edited by SgtRock; 01-03-09 at 01:39 AM.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  5. #265
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post
    Actually I believe it is YOU who has given in to terrorism by living in fear and by being OK with the destruction of our Constitution.

    Ever hear of "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death"? Do you disagree? Patrick Henry said it more than 200 years ago and it has stood the test of time.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #266
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,493

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    What harm does it do if we check people from a group that wish us harm. Think about it 98% of all terrorist attacks against the west are commited by muslims. If I were muslim I would understand if I were singled out because of my religion. Im not saying we should torture them for christ sake. Just take them aside and search them. Whats the big deal?
    I am a black man, it is most definitely insulting, degrading and utterly humiliating. Been there and done that.

    I cannot in good conscience support such actions by our government. It is an invasion of privacy and the slow eroding of freedom, period.

    Anyway, I am off to bed.

    Good night and God bless.

  7. #267
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-01-17 @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Were they beheading people and posting it on youtube or hijacking planes? Did the Pope make a call for such violence and make the small conflict a "catholic" thing throughout the world? You score no points with such irrelevance.
    I love the way Christian extreamists are somehow absolved because it didnt do the exact same things. No no planes were hijacked but they are still digging up mass graves in Spain thanks to an explicitly catholic organisation. Rather then condeming these people the catholic church was explicitly on the facist side during the Civil War. As it was in facist Croatia [you can see fotage of preists overseeing the murder of serbs and jews] and facist Portugal. If the pope was opossed to what these people where doing then why did he not say so?

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    I love the way Christian extreamists are somehow absolved because it didnt do the exact same things.
    No, they are not absolved. However, it is shown time and time again that random examples of other extremists doing bad things is not relevant to the discussion at hand. If you want to talk about bad Christians, then at least do it in a relevant context rather than hijacking a conversation so that you can get your anti-Christian angst out there yet again.

  9. #269
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-01-17 @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No, they are not absolved. However, it is shown time and time again that random examples of other extremists doing bad things is not relevant to the discussion at hand. If you want to talk about bad Christians, then at least do it in a relevant context rather than hijacking a conversation so that you can get your anti-Christian angst out there yet again.
    This is nothing to do with "anti-Christian" angst. You made the point that Christian leaders have not been responsible for condoneing the violence. I provided examples of were this happend. There was no hijacking involved that was a direct responce to your point. These were not "random christians". On the contrary its likely they killed many times the amount Al Queda has. Not to mention the fact that I think its fair to say that european facism was quite a coordinated effort.

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    This is nothing to do with "anti-Christian" angst. You made the point that Christian leaders have not been responsible for condoneing the violence. I provided examples of were this happend. There was no hijacking involved that was a direct responce to your point. These were not "random christians". On the contrary its likely they killed many times the amount Al Queda has. Not to mention the fact that I think its fair to say that european facism was quite a coordinated effort.
    I made the argument that comparing Christian violence in today's world and the Muslim extremist conflict is disingenuous because there isn't a comparison.

    If Christians were beheading people and flying planes into buildings, a crucifix worn around the neck would be part of the profile at the airport. But they don't so its not.

    And I am skeptical that you will find a papal bull condoning the violence you talked about whereas fatwas come down almost weekly.

    It's just not comparable in this context.

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •