Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 329

Thread: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

  1. #101
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No, not like that. I specifically said beheading and hijacking planes.

    You can cry and caterwaul all you want about the random Christian who does something bad, but you can never prove that it was the Christian doctrine or teaching that moved them to do it. You will never hear the Pope or any other mainstream preacher call for such violence. Not true of the mullahs.

    Carry on.
    Again the role of the catholic church in spain and portugal is the obvious exception there

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    Again the role of the catholic church in spain and portugal is the obvious exception there
    Again, we have been speaking about modern day christianity. Do try to stay on topic before you break down into hysterics.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    Intelligence is measured in one way as being able to make connections between similar things.
    It is also in being able to discern when two things are dissimilar.
    Last edited by Dezaad; 01-02-09 at 02:18 PM.

  4. #104
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    Jeez, I am so of multiple minds about this whole issue. I can see your point here, and it reminds me of what the true intention of terrorism is: To disrupt the good functioning of a society. In our case it is a free society with certain expectations about fairness. I then begin to wonder if the terror has succeeded in its aim if we become paranoid and ready to mistreat good people because of our fear.
    I think that pretty much sums it up.

    I think Bin Laden succeeded on Sept 11 not because of the tragedy that happened on that day, but by the fear that has happened ever since.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I think that pretty much sums it up.

    I think Bin Laden succeeded on Sept 11 not because of the tragedy that happened on that day, but by the fear that has happened ever since.
    Prudence doesn't equal fear. Some here seem to fear "racism" and "bigorty" more then they do actual terrorist. Such sentiments must be music to those murderers ears
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    The airline should have waited until after takeoff to toss them.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    The airline should have waited until after takeoff to toss them.
    You do realize that they were totally cleared, right? This comment was completely uncalled for.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Prudence doesn't equal fear. Some here seem to fear "racism" and "bigorty" more then they do actual terrorist. Such sentiments must be music to those murderers ears
    I think I do, actually. Fear racism and bigotry more than 'actual terrorists', that is. I think that racism and bigotry are more potent and long-lasting than terrorism for making people miserable.

    And, while it may or may not be music to the murderer's ears, it doesn't make it any less true. Is that how you evaluate the truth of claims? By who you think would agree or disagree? Or do you just try to get other people to do it that way, in a manipulative manner? I am trying to figure out if you're stupid or if you think other people are.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    08-26-09 @ 09:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    676

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    Show me where American Muslims are out in front of the effort to expose radical Jihadists in their midsts.
    To me your thinking IS the problem. American Muslims are no more responsible for potential American terrorists than anyone else. It is just downright bigoted to say they're "not out front" or that "they should do more" or that they should denounce their religious traditions etc.

    Your logic, your explanation, is what's wrong. What these victims did was nothing, what people who acted against them did is wrong. Supporting the people for "alerting the authorities" is akin to supporting bigotry. Bigotry has it's root in ignorance and misconception which is an apt description of what happened at Reagan Airport.

  10. #110
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: 9 Muslim Passengers Removed From Jet

    The moral of this story is "better safe than sorry". Refunding tickets is cheaper than losing a plane and it's passengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •