Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

  1. #51
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Your immaturity negates anything you've done. The whole of your argument comes down to this. You have formed an opinion (one in which has been demonstrated false) and your debate style comes down to you saying "no I'm right" all the time; that's it. It's useless tripe, and nothing more. When I show your analogy is wrong you say "no, I'm right". When I show you the proper definition of a word you say "no, I'm right". That's it, that's the whole of your debate skills and it's all documented in this thread.

    You can grow up and debate like and adult, or continue with what you're doing. The choice is yours.
    If this is how you are reading his comments, well, then it says more about you than Goobie. Even Winston, who disagrees with Goobie on some of his points would agree that Goobie ain't simply clapping his hands over his ears and shouting, "I'm right and you're wrong."

    Grow up!

  2. #52
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Your immaturity negates anything you've done.
    As -you- said:
    You not understanding how I defeated your argument, in toto, is a result of your preconceptions.

    Now, you can grow up and debate like and adult, or continue with what you're doing. The choice is yours.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    If this is how you are reading his comments, well, then it says more about you than Goobie. Even Winston, who disagrees with Goobie on some of his points would agree that Goobie ain't simply clapping his hands over his ears and shouting, "I'm right and you're wrong."

    Grow up!
    Have you read his responses. They are just that. In fact even when arguing over a definition of a word, his ultimate conclusions was "no, I'm right". That's it.

    Learn to read!
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #54
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    As -you- said:
    You not understanding how I defeated your argument, in toto, is a result of your preconceptions.

    Now, you can grow up and debate like and adult, or continue with what you're doing. The choice is yours.
    No, I have argued your points. "I'm correct" that's it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You know as well as I do that I am right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You still know I'm right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    And it is correct.
    (which was response to me saying you had an opinion, your defense of it was that "you were right")

    In the end, your analogy is based off you defining yourself as right. I've told you why there is more in common with Israeli targeting of civilians with the firebombing of Tokyo than there is with the destruction of the German military industrial complex. Your response to it was "I'm right". That's what you're arguing now. Maybe in the past you have made proper arguments that people have respected; this thread isn't one of them. This one is full of you saying "I'm right" when you've been challenged.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #55
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Have you read his responses. They are just that. In fact even when arguing over a definition of a word, his ultimate conclusions was "no, I'm right". That's it.

    Learn to read!
    Right. I'm wrong because I cannot read and you're right.

    And you're behaving any differently than you allege Goobie to be behaving?

  6. #56
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, I have argued your points. "I'm correct" that's it.
    High-top sneakers!

    In the end, your analogy is based off you defining yourself as right.
    Elvis Lives!

    I've told you why there is more in common with Israeli targeting of civilians with the firebombing of Tokyo than there is with the destruction of the German military industrial complex.
    Tomatoes suck!

    Your response to it was "I'm right". That's what you're arguing now. Maybe in the past you have made proper arguments that people have respected; this thread isn't one of them. This one is full of you saying "I'm right" when you've been challenged.
    Cowboys rule!

    There. You've been trounced.

  7. #57
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Short term, but it's a horrible horrible method to employ. And definitely not a long term solution as Israel has taken it to be. It did work specifically in our case, it's not working in this case.
    Maybe they just haven't taken it far enough.

    They have certainly not taken to it the extreme the Allies did in WWII. If you are going to war, you should go in to win. I thought VN taught that lesson very well.

    Going in to get the bad guys will never work in the long run. The bad guys only exist because the citizens allow them to and will only be defeated when the citizens are willing to help in that task.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    Maybe they just haven't taken it far enough.
    I mean, yeah; genocide is one solution. If you completely wipe out the other side there is no more conflict. I'm just not so hip on that sort of solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    They have certainly not taken to it the extreme the Allies did in WWII. If you are going to war, you should go in to win. I thought VN taught that lesson very well.
    If you go to war, go to win for sure. Don't piddle around, and I add don't expect the US to bail your ass out. Though I think if VN should have taught us anything, it's to mind our own damned business...and also a determined and entrenched populace is hard to defeat with occupational army tactics.

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    Going in to get the bad guys will never work in the long run. The bad guys only exist because the citizens allow them to and will only be defeated when the citizens are willing to help in that task.
    Aye, and perchance one thing to attack is the propaganda they use to win people to their side.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #59
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    High-top sneakers!


    Elvis Lives!


    Tomatoes suck!


    Cowboys rule!

    There. You've been trounced.
    Heh, you're inability to have an adult conversation in this thread is not becoming. My comments where right in tow with yours, you just didn't like them because they came to alternative conclusions. Not only did I debate, but I have also shown that from this thread you have merely declared yourself winner and that's it. Now you employ childish techniques and hyperbole because I engaged along the same lines you did and you didn't like it. You pretend it was completely different and off track when in fact it was born from the same line of reasoning you were trying to employ.

    Maybe Jmak should be telling you to grow up as well...something tells me he shan't.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #60
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I mean, yeah; genocide is one solution. If you completely wipe out the other side there is no more conflict. I'm just not so hip on that sort of solution.
    You are the one advocating practices that would result in genocide... of the Israelis.

    Punishing the good citizens of Gaza with a little shock and awe though might convince them their support of Hamas is too costly.


    If you go to war, go to win for sure. Don't piddle around, and I add don't expect the US to bail your ass out. Though I think if VN should have taught us anything, it's to mind our own damned business...and also a determined and entrenched populace is hard to defeat with occupational army tactics.
    So you think having missles raig down on Israel is none of Israel's damned business. That's a strange idea.


    Aye, and perchance one thing to attack is the propaganda they use to win people to their side.
    A liitle propaganda just before the shock and awe might be a good strategy. You should not give a damn if they like you, only that they understand they better do as you tell them.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •