Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72

Thread: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Beats me.
    During the Bush administration, from 2001 to 2005, Israel received $10.5 billion in Foreign Military Financing—the Pentagon's biggest military aid program—and $6.3 billion in U.S. arms deliveries. The aid figure is larger than the arms transfer figure because it includes financing for major arms agreements for which the equipment has yet to be fully delivered. The most prominent of these deals is a $4.5 billion sale of 102 Lockheed Martin F-16s to Israel.

    Foreign Policy In Focus | Who's Arming Israel?

  2. #22
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Get the burr out of your butt.

    There's no reason we shouldnt be selling weapons to Israel or any of our other allies.
    I'm sorry, it's just that I have no patience for childish games, the likes of which you were playing. And there are reasons we shouldn't be selling weapons to Israel. Are we making profit on it? Probably not, then why should I subsidize the Israeli military? I'm not putting my money forth to protect other people. They can work, raise money, and supply their own god dammed military. It's not my place to fund it. Secondly, you know this will get used against civilians at some point and I don't think it should be our place to encourage war against civilians. Israel should fend for itself, it's nothing but a money pit and serves us no purpose. I don't want my money going to them, I don't want my military going to them. If Israel and Palestine have to sit around acting like children, then they can do it without American support of any kind.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #23
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    During the Bush administration, from 2001 to 2005, Israel received $10.5 billion in Foreign Military Financing—the Pentagon's biggest military aid program—and $6.3 billion in U.S. arms deliveries. The aid figure is larger than the arms transfer figure because it includes financing for major arms agreements for which the equipment has yet to be fully delivered. The most prominent of these deals is a $4.5 billion sale of 102 Lockheed Martin F-16s to Israel.

    Foreign Policy In Focus | Who's Arming Israel?
    It's awesome to is US tax payers to subsidize foreign military. Woot!
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #24
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm sorry, it's just that I have no patience for childish games, the likes of which you were playing.
    I told you how I interpeted the word, given the context of its use -- and that interpretation is, undeniably, correct.
    You can like it or not - I don't care - but either way, get the burr out of your ash.

    And there are reasons we shouldn't be selling weapons to Israel. Are we making profit on it? Probably not.
    What makes you think that 'we' aren't?
    And lets be clear here -- when 'we' sell weapons to Israel, unless it is a sale of items already in inventory, the 'we' that sells them is actually the US company that manufactures said weapons. The profit margin is then based on the terms of the procurement contract.

    Secondly, you know this will get used against civilians at some point and I don't think it should be our place to encourage war against civilians.
    Killing civilinas in raids against military targets is not 'using them against civilians' and it is not 'making war' against civilians.
    So, your concern here is unfounded.

    Israel should fend for itself, it's nothing but a money pit and serves us no purpose. I don't want my money going to them, I don't want my military going to them. If Israel and Palestine have to sit around acting like children, then they can do it without American support of any kind.
    That might be your opinion, but it doesnt equate to a 'good' (read: rational, supportable) reason.

    We have 'supplied' weapons to all of our allies, and have done so for a very long time. Israel is no different than any one of them, and so for your argument to mean anything, you must also then argue against 'supplying' -all- of our allies.

  5. #25
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    During the Bush administration, from 2001 to 2005, Israel received $10.5 billion in Foreign Military Financing—the Pentagon's biggest military aid program—and $6.3 billion in U.S. arms deliveries. The aid figure is larger than the arms transfer figure because it includes financing for major arms agreements for which the equipment has yet to be fully delivered. The most prominent of these deals is a $4.5 billion sale of 102 Lockheed Martin F-16s to Israel.

    Foreign Policy In Focus | Who's Arming Israel?
    Yes -- the US government sends money to Israel, where it then is used to by US military items from US companies.

    That being the case, there is most certainly a 'profit' as the US companies would not sell the items if there were not.

  6. #26
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    There's no reason we shouldnt be selling weapons to Israel or any of our other allies.
    That's what Bin Laden used to say too

    Terror 'Blowback' Burns CIA

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yes -- the US government sends money to Israel, where it then is used to by US military items from US companies.

    That being the case, there is most certainly a 'profit' as the US companies would not sell the items if there were not.
    So after all is said and done there really is no profit margin just a simulacrum of one that the taxpayers support.

  8. #28
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So after all is said and done there really is no profit margin just a simulacrum of one that the taxpayers support.
    Sure there is -- the arms manufacturers make money.
    Nothing new there -- that how all foerign military aid works (save that which involves items from current inventory).

  9. #29
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    That's what Bin Laden used to say too

    Terror 'Blowback' Burns CIA
    I'm sure this means somethng to you...

  10. #30
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Israel AF uses new US-supplied smart bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I told you how I interpeted the word, given the context of its use -- and that interpretation is, undeniably, correct.
    You can like it or not - I don't care - but either way, get the burr out of your ash.
    No, I showed you exactly the definition, supply is to provide. We provide the weaponry. It's you whom decided to be obtuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    What makes you think that 'we' aren't?
    And lets be clear here -- when 'we' sell weapons to Israel, unless it is a sale of items already in inventory, the 'we' that sells them is actually the US company that manufactures said weapons. The profit margin is then based on the terms of the procurement contract.
    A US company can not sell US military weapons without the approval of the government. No way no how. And I guess it shouldn't matter if we make a profit or not, we're not mercenaries and we're not the world police. People need to deal with their own problems it's not up to the US taxpayer to fund it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Killing civilinas in raids against military targets is not 'using them against civilians' and it is not 'making war' against civilians.
    So, your concern here is unfounded.
    It's a "raid" in the sense that it's a bombing; air raid maybe. Look at what just happened. Some Hezbola r-tards bomb some crap in Israel and kill 2 or so people. Israel bombs a civilian sector to get at some Hezbola jerks and in the process kills hundreds of people, many of whom are civilian. Is my concern really unfounded? Israel has a long track record of attacking civilians. They have demonstrated that they have no remorse or hesitation to take out a bunch of civilians to get at a few terrorists. Is my concern unfounded? Not according to recorded history.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    That might be your opinion, but it doesnt equate to a 'good' (read: rational, supportable) reason.

    We have 'supplied' weapons to all of our allies, and have done so for a very long time. Israel is no different than any one of them, and so for your argument to mean anything, you must also then argue against 'supplying' -all- of our allies.
    Let them all fund their own crap. Let them all build their own crap. Let their people put up the money for the resources, the capabilities, and the production of their military. I'm not here to subsidize this for anyone other than the US military. And I especially don't want our hardware going to civilian destruction campaigns. We should have no part of that. If Israel and Palestine want to behave in that manner, that's their choice. But that action gets them cut off from American honey.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •