Page 88 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1548

Thread: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

  1. #871
    Educator
    Australianlibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I would never support Jihad in this day and age.
    Yes but your efforts to defend jihad in the past shows that in the right context, your are willing to support defensive violence. Granted that times have changed, and I acknowledge your rebuttal, but I just don't see how the change in time or the modern world suddenly precludes the use of military force.

    This question about what is just and right in response to aggression has been faced by generations of people and is a timeless question. That is how do you react to such acts?

  2. #872
    Educator
    Australianlibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    But it is many times but lets say it is not, then another method would be needed.

    Israel wanted to remove Hamas and its support by this attack.
    Instead it has increased support for Fundementalism within the Muslim world.
    Israel's attack has also put the Pro West Arab Governments in a dangerous positions to the point where there is a demand of Israeli ambassadors to be thrown out and all ties to be cut, these are countries with peace treaties with Israel.
    There is a demand that those Pro Israel/West Governments be overthrown
    Radical Muslims now have a means to pressure the Governments to act, calling them cowards
    Hezbollah just now looks plain cool compared to the weak ass response from Saudi Arabia or Egypt.
    Oh and Iran comes out of this looking great

    Soooo, Israel by this attack has not made no actual difference.
    I understand your argument, but it is consequentialist in nature. It does not deal with what Israel should do in response to Katusha rocket attacks.

  3. #873
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Why don't you? Our views differ
    Are you simply unable to explain your refusal to consider military force, or are you just a contrarian?

  4. #874
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Australianlibertarian View Post
    Yes but your efforts to defend jihad in the past shows that in the right context, your are willing to support defensive violence.
    Well yeah but there is no right context for me to support defensive violence tbh

  5. #875
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    How many years of the same old strategy will it take before it becomes a fact that the conflict will not be solved by long ranged bombardment?

    Face the facts Goobieman, modern warfare is changing and there's no longer the need for long ranged killing power that there once was. Weapons win battles but cannot win wars in the ME.
    Again:
    This presupposed facts that have not been established.

    You can keep trying to present your -opinion- as fact, but we both know that as soon as you are asked to actually support your statements and show that they are indeed facts (rather than mere opinion based on pure ignorance) you'll revert to your usual whining and crying.

  6. #876
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Are you simply unable to explain your refusal to consider military force, or are you just a contrarian?
    I don't see how bombarding a area with bombs is going to win the war and achieve peace.
    It'll make things worse as it has done every damn time it has occured in the ME.

    As said previously, it may win a battle but not the war.

  7. #877
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    They should have found a solution which involved a geographic unification of Palestine. Hamas brutally took power in Gaza and they are completely shut off from the West Bank.
    So... Israel should be seperated into 2 sections just to placate the Palestinians?



    When are you people going to realize that the Palestinians define "peace" as "the destruction of Israel?

  8. #878
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I don't see how bombarding a area with bombs is going to win the war and achieve peace.

    When your enemy shoots at you and you do not respond in like and kind, it only encourages him to shoot at you more.

  9. #879
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Again:
    This presupposed facts that have not been established.

    You can keep trying to present your -opinion- as fact, but we both know that as soon as you are asked to actually support your statements and show that they are indeed facts (rather than mere opinion based on pure ignorance) you'll revert to your usual whining and crying.


    I love when you do this Goobieman, its as good as conceding the point to me.

  10. #880
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Are you simply unable to explain your refusal to consider military force, or are you just a contrarian?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Again:
    This presupposed facts that have not been established.

    You can keep trying to present your -opinion- as fact, but we both know that as soon as you are asked to actually support your statements and show that they are indeed facts (rather than mere opinion based on pure ignorance) you'll revert to your usual whining and crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So... Israel should be seperated into 2 sections just to placate the Palestinians?



    When are you people going to realize that the Palestinians define "peace" as "the destruction of Israel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post

    When your enemy shoots at you and you do not respond in like and kind, it only encourages him to shoot at you more.
    don't forget this post

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1057864875

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •