Page 84 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 1548

Thread: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

  1. #831
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    If there was rockets being fired non stop into S. London because of the political issues surrounding UK and whatever country.

    I would move.
    If rockets were being fired into Somaliland by terrorist that wanted all of your people dead would you do what ever it takes to prevent those rocket attacks?
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  2. #832
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    I agree with Barack Obama when he said

    " if rockets were being fired at my home while my two daughters were sleeping, I would do everything he could to prevent it."

    Barak: We'll use every resource to stop 'criminal' rocket fire from Gaza - Haaretz - Israel News
    Apparently, the Palestinians -arent- willing to do everything they can do to stop it.

  3. #833
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Apparently, the Palestinians -arent- willing to do everything they can do to stop it.
    apparently, Israel neither: they refuse any ceasefire:

    Le Figaro - International : Israël prêt à de «longues semaines d'action»
    Israël exclut un cessez-le-feu à Gaza - lesoir.be

  4. #834
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    If rockets were being fired into Somaliland by terrorist that wanted all of your people dead would you do what ever it takes to prevent those rocket attacks?
    Ah, you have to bring Somaliland into it don't you?

    Somaliland and Israel is very different. Historically and politically. It cannot be compared.
    Somaliland has no sanctions on no other countries [rather Somaliland is the one blocked] or bombs. Or hated by everyone. I'd like to also point out we have only had like 1 war, and that was a civil war too.

    But if Somalia bombed Somaliland, then i'd expect the Somaliland President to stop it

  5. #835
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Ah, you have to bring Somaliland into it don't you?

    Somaliland and Israel is very different. Historically and politically. It cannot be compared.
    Somaliland has no sanctions on no other countries [rather Somaliland is the one blocked] or bombs. Or hated by everyone. I'd like to also point out we have only had like 1 war, and that was a civil war too.

    But if Somalia bombed Somaliland, then i'd expect the Somaliland President to stop it
    Thankyou, you answered my question. If Somaliland were being attacked by people that want all of your people dead you would do what ever it takes to stop those attacks
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  6. #836
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Thankyou, you answered my question. If Somaliland were being attacked by people that want all of your people dead you would do what ever it takes to stop those attacks
    Not militarily and seeing Somaliland has been peaceful since it declared independence.
    If Somaliland was forced to act using weapons [which i would never want]; then everyone would know it is a last resort.

    Israel has been in wars and out, attacks in and out. How are we meant to see it was a last resort? You can't.
    Besides, if Somalia attacked Somaliland. It wouldn't survive anyway

  7. #837
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    apparently, Israel neither: they refuse any ceasefire:
    Perhaps because a cease-fire does not and will not address the problem?

  8. #838
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Perhaps because a cease-fire does not and will not address the problem?
    Perhaps the Hamas said the same when they started launching rockets one week ago

  9. #839
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Not militarily and seeing Somaliland has been peaceful since it declared independence.
    If Somaliland was forced to act using weapons [which i would never want]; then everyone would know it is a last resort.

    Israel has been in wars and out, attacks in and out. How are we meant to see it was a last resort? You can't.
    Besides, if Somalia attacked Somaliland. It wouldn't survive anyway
    So if rockets were falling on your village in Somaliland day after day, hundreds of rockets launched by people that stated there goal was the destruction of Somaliland and the death of all of your people you would not respond militarily? I find that hard to believe.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  10. #840
    Educator
    Australianlibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Not militarily and seeing Somaliland has been peaceful since it declared independence.
    If Somaliland was forced to act using weapons [which i would never want]; then everyone would know it is a last resort.

    Israel has been in wars and out, attacks in and out. How are we meant to see it was a last resort? You can't.
    Besides, if Somalia attacked Somaliland. It wouldn't survive anyway
    The question did not ask to contrast Somaliland to Israel. Therefore there is no need to mention Israel. Thus the hypothetical is what would you do to prevent terrorist, or military attacks against your country? That is, does a country have the right to use military force as a reaction to acts of aggression, that specifically break a cease fire agreement?

    Thus the outcome of any hypothetical misses the point. The issue is whether or not you can rationalize or support the action itself.
    Last edited by Australianlibertarian; 12-30-08 at 09:47 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •