Page 77 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1548

Thread: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

  1. #761
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    It is all for propaganda. To the local Muslims Hamas are the hero's. The Muslim version of David and Goliath. Even if this current offensive were to kill all except 1 Hamas militant with in a month they would be back up to full strength because the younger Muslims see these militants as hero's for the struggle. Moe
    This is a result of Hamas brainwashing that is being carried out in the schools in Gaza.

    Hamas needs to be crushed out of existence.
    Islamic Jihad needs to be crushed out of existence.

  2. #762
    Educator
    moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cebu Rep of the Philippines
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by SquareMelon View Post
    Ethnic cleansing and killing will not work. Israel will never be able to destroy Hamas militarily no matter what it does. The only solution is to end the occupation by Israel to Palestinian land and guarantee the security and safety of Israel in return. Even Hamas has indicated that it will accept that. The Palestinian people will force it to if they refuse simply by voting them out in the next election.
    So rather than ethnic cleansing via Military force we do it through political means? We just all gather at the UN and decide ok the nation of Israel no longer exists and poof it is gone? Problem solved??

    And then we should perhaps do like some Indians tribes in America used to do. When a person of the tribe was seen as no longer beneficial to the tribe they just pretended that person does not exist.

    You could not not talk to them or acknowledge their existence in way shape or form. If they spoke to you, you pretended like nothing was there. Is this what you are saying that we should do with Israel?

    We politically decide that they are stateless and if they refuse to leave Palestine we just pretend that they do not exist and let the Muslims move in and do what they wish with these non existent people?

    You are aware that the Muslim definition of Palestine means every square inch of soil that Israel exists on today right? Not just certain areas. To them ALL of Israel is on Palestinian soil.

    That is why no matter how much land Israel has given in the past the Muslims demand more. The objective is not to get part of it but to get all of it. Even if the state of Israel consisted of just one city block to the Militant Arabs that is one block to big.

    Moe
    Last edited by moe; 12-29-08 at 08:18 PM.

  3. #763
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    So rather than ethnic cleansing via Military force we do it through political means? We just all gather at the UN and decide ok the nation of Israel no longer exists and poof it is gone? Problem solved??

    And then we should perhaps do like some Indians tribes in America used to do. When a person of the tribe was seen as no longer beneficial to the tribe they just pretended that person does not exist.

    You could not not talk to them or acknowledge their existence in way shape or form. If they spoke to you, you pretended like nothing was there. Is this what you are saying that we should do with Israel?

    We politically decide that they are stateless and if they refuse to leave Palestine we just pretend that they do not exist and let the Muslims move in and do what they wish with these non existent people?

    You are aware that the Muslim definition of Palestine means every square inch of soil that Israel exists on today right? Not just certain areas. To them ALL of Israel is on Palestinian soil.

    That is why no matter how much land Israel has given in the past the Muslims demand more. The objective is not to get part of it but to get all of it. Even if the state of Israel consisted of just one city block to the Militant Arabs that is one block to big.

    Moe
    At this point, I think it is safe to say, the land Israel is to "give up" according to the arab states, is that for which Israel has illegally occupied for the last 41 years. I have to believe muslims will be okay with Israel's existance west of the Green Line.

  4. #764
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    This is a result of Hamas brainwashing that is being carried out in the schools in Gaza.

    Hamas needs to be crushed out of existence.
    Islamic Jihad needs to be crushed out of existence.
    This is a result of Israeli brutality and restriction of basic services in violation of IHL.

  5. #765
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    At this point, I think it is safe to say, the land Israel is to "give up" according to the arab states, is that for which Israel has illegally occupied for the last 41 years. I have to believe muslims will be okay with Israel's existance west of the Green Line.
    Someone needs to throw a shoe at Rice and stop funding Israel until they receed back to said line.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  6. #766
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Someone needs to throw a shoe at Rice and stop funding Israel until they receed back to said line.
    You're too nice!

    I think the US, Russia and China all ought to donate a mechanized division each and drive the Israeli's back to Israel. Then set up a DMZ along the Green Line and shoot any mother-****er that enters from either side.

  7. #767
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    01-04-09 @ 02:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    This is a result of Israeli brutality and restriction of basic services in violation of IHL.
    It seems like you are very unaware of the facts here. Israel's "brutality" happened due to the fact that for approximately 8 years israeli citizens in Sederot absorbed heavy fire of rockeets coming from Gaza. For eight years kids in Sederot have been hearing sirens every day, running in the streets looking for cover.

    Now, the rockets ae improved and they reach up to 30 km from the gaza strip. Right now, as I write this message, I keep my ears open so I can hear if a siren will go off. It happened in my city twice already.

    As for the lack basic services, Israel is supplying the civilians in Gaza with humanitarian aid of food, water and medicine. In fact, one day before the IDF began this operation, the Israeli government sent 40 trucks filled with humanitarian aid into the Gaza strip.

  8. #768
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    01-04-09 @ 02:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    You're too nice!

    I think the US, Russia and China all ought to donate a mechanized division each and drive the Israeli's back to Israel. Then set up a DMZ along the Green Line and shoot any mother-****er that enters from either side.
    Just for your basic inrofmation, Israel is not interested in invading Gaza. Israel is interested in restoring peace to the cities around the Gaza strip, which suffers for 8 years from rockets shooting at them every day.

    Besides, Israel have tried to give Gaza back to Egypt, but guess what? the Egyptians didn't want it back.

    Any guesses why???

  9. #769
    Banned Billo_Really's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HBCA
    Last Seen
    01-14-09 @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    18,930

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
    It seems like you are very unaware of the facts here. Israel's "brutality" happened due to the fact that for approximately 8 years israeli citizens in Sederot absorbed heavy fire of rockeets coming from Gaza. For eight years kids in Sederot have been hearing sirens every day, running in the streets looking for cover.

    Now, the rockets ae improved and they reach up to 30 km from the gaza strip. Right now, as I write this message, I keep my ears open so I can hear if a siren will go off. It happened in my city twice already.

    As for the lack basic services, Israel is supplying the civilians in Gaza with humanitarian aid of food, water and medicine. In fact, one day before the IDF began this operation, the Israeli government sent 40 trucks filled with humanitarian aid into the Gaza strip.
    I realize this and applaud Israel's efforts in these areas. I am also against all these rocket attacks. But let me ask you, is Sederot a city west of the Green Line, or east of it? The single biggest problem between Israeli-Palestian relations, is the "occupation". This is a problem for which there is only one solution .... that is to end it. And you cannot tell me that Israel has not shut off basic services before in retaliation to these rockets. I think Israel has a right to defend itself, even in the OPT. But Israel does not have a right to take out vengence on the innocent Palestinian population.
    Last edited by Billo_Really; 12-29-08 at 09:08 PM.

  10. #770
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    11-28-17 @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,690

    Re: Israeli air strikes target Gaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
    I think the US, Russia and China all ought to donate a mechanized division each and drive the Israeli's back to Israel. Then set up a DMZ along the Green Line and shoot any mother-****er that enters from either side.
    It is not in the United States', Russia's, or China's national interest to provide military assistance to a radical terrorist group that rejects a sovereign state's right to exist, deliberately and indiscriminately attacks civilians, and embraces a radical philosophy that rejects compromise. Furthermore, it is not in their interests to deprive Israel of its right of self-defense, especially when each of those countries has exercised self defense (U.S.: war in Afghanistan following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Russia's counterterrorism against Chechen terrorists responsible for the Beslan massacre, and China's fight against Islamist terrorists in its Xinjiang Province. Therefore, such assistance won't be forthcoming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •